U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 AM
 
27,903 posts, read 34,386,023 times
Reputation: 4031

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And that is why they had Solyndra on their short list to receive money? LOL

Look, you can support Bush and these kinds of programs all you want, but it makes you look like a major hypocrite when you support them with "R" people and oppose them with "D" people.
Ohh brother.

What about Ener1? How about NREL? How about Tonopah Solar? Granite Reliable Power? Beacon Power Corp? Willard & Kesley Solar Group LLC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,240,848 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As an independent I don't have a party to defend. Placing the blame on both presidents, where is belongs, is being non-partisan. It turns out Bush did his best to push it through the last month of his presidency, but was not able to do it because the committee wasn't ready.
You? Independent and non-partisan? I haven't laughed so hard in months!

Just continue to make your "non-partisan" statements as if they were fact and not your personal opinion, if that is what you call independent. Never mind that any of your statements made always appear to favor and commend one party (Dems) and vilify the other (Reps).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:19 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,240,848 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is one who created the Loan Guarantee Program for green energy companies with Solyndra's name on it, and his name is GW Bush. You can't change the facts my friend.
And the loan was not given until Obama was in office. You can't change the facts, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Florida
62,777 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10419
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Stop embarassing yourself
Authoried: To give permission for; sanction:

Bush did NOT give permission for it, in fact he rejected it, thats the OPPOSITE of what you claim took place
It is not me who is embarrassing himself.

I strongly urge you to look up the definition of "author" before replying again. When I say Bush authored the plan, it means he wrote it/designed it. Get it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
 
27,903 posts, read 34,386,023 times
Reputation: 4031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not me who is embarrassing himself.

I strongly urge you to look up the definition of "author" before replying again. When I say Bush authored the plan, it means he wrote it/designed it. Get it?
I'm sure you're giving the same credit for the Bush authored take down of Osama Bin Laden...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,240,848 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Why?

If the informatiion presented by the OP is accurate, or mostly accurate, then 'turn about' is fair play. The extremists on the right have been beating the drums claiming Obama did something criminal or wrong and now, it might seem, they would have known differently, lied about it and blamed him for initiating something he didn't initiate. The GOP did.
Why try to be non-partisan? You truly don't know, do you? That certainly explains a great deal about your posts.

If one were truly non-partisan, they would be only interested in the welfare of all, not just their precious political favorite. Perhaps they would even learn the truth prior to providing their un-verifiable "facts". They would not have to resort to the "if" argument when trying to prove themselves correct since it is admitting that they truly don't have "facts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Florida
62,777 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You? Independent and non-partisan? I haven't laughed so hard in months!

Just continue to make your "non-partisan" statements as if they were fact and not your personal opinion, if that is what you call independent. Never mind that any of your statements made always appear to favor and commend one party (Dems) and vilify the other (Reps).

You think this is a partisan matter only because you feel obligated to defend Bush. I seriously don't give a rip, because I don't feel the need to defend either party. Not making excuses for Bush does not make one a democrat.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,240,848 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, blaming the whole deal on Obama while pretending GOP had nothing to do with it is dishonest at best. The whole purpose of this thread is to inform people about the fact that GOP gave birth to the program which they are now using to critisize others.
No, as usual with you the entire purpose of the thread is to try and throw mud at only the republicans while claiming the democrats are pure as the driven snow.

Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Florida
62,777 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10419
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm sure you're giving the same credit for the Bush authored take down of Osama Bin Laden...
I believe Bush would have authorized OBL killing just like Obama did, they just happened to locate OBL during Obama presidency.

The mission itself was authored by the military, not Bush or Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Florida
62,777 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
No, as usual with you the entire purpose of the thread is to try and throw mud at only the republicans while claiming the democrats are pure as the driven snow.

Fail.
Presenting facts is not exactly throwing mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top