Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM

779 posts, read 537,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I only go on what I see written in your posts. Your "frothing at the mouth" post is all I needed to see. Following it up with your "neo facist" comment cements my opinion of you.

I think your main problem is you "label" yourself so many different ways you are the one who is confused.
No you don't. It's obvious you operate by assumptions because you keep vomiting up more of them in every post you direct to me.

Don't talk to me about labels -- I've seen the labels in your posts.

pluck>plank>own>eye>etc.

Again, when will you have the strength to place blame on both of these parties? Probably never.

You think you're being clever and "uncovering" some non-existent partisan bias when all you're really doing is exposing yourself as having your own, deeply-rooted biases.

Anyway, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for deflecting and dodging while accusing others who actually have placed blame where it's due of doing the same. It's transparent.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am willing to look, and as you know I support the auditing of the Fed, and even abolishing the whole thing. Start a thread and I'll stop by.
Fed Reserve handed out 16 TRILLION dollars from '07-'10

Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
No you don't. It's obvious you operate by assumptions because you keep vomiting up more of them in every post you direct to me.

Don't talk to me about labels -- I've seen the labels in your posts.

pluck>plank>own>eye>etc.

Again, when will you have the strength to place blame on both of these parties? Probably never.

You think you're being clever and "uncovering" some non-existent partisan bias when all you're really doing is exposing yourself as having your own, deeply-rooted biases.

Anyway, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for deflecting and dodging while accusing others who actually have placed blame where it's due of doing the same. It's transparent.
This thread is about Solyndra so I'm trying to stay on topic some unlike others.......

Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Uhh, you do have to answer it since you made the (false) claim "why is the radical right focusing on only Solyndra?"

Kinda puts your claim to shame, now doesn't it?
Seems to me they are.

*shrug*

We've seen the Bush bailouts casually shrugged off in just the past couple of pages, yet Solyndra is THE BIGGEST ECONOMIC ISSUE EVAR OMG! Very partisan, very telling.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM

Lets look into these green energy loans a bit as your right Solyndra is just the tip of the iceberg it seems..............

"In prepared testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Wednesday, Energy Department Inspector General Gregory Friedman said his office has launched more than 100 probes into possible criminal activities related to the 2009 stimulus funds behind the loans. Friedman said the investigations used “various schemes, including the submission of false information, claims for unallowable or unauthorized expenses, and other improper uses of Recovery Act funds.”

Energy Department Loans | Inspector General | Shovel Ready Jobs | The Daily Caller

Now who devised the stimulus bill? I'll await your Bush blaming non partisan tactics if you have any left.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:24 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Seems to me they are.

*shrug*

We've seen the Bush bailouts casually shrugged off in just the past couple of pages, yet Solyndra is THE BIGGEST ECONOMIC ISSUE EVAR OMG! Very partisan, very telling.
Well, seeing as how Bush hasn't been president for over three years now, and none of his green energy pet projects/kick-backs to political donors ended in the companies declaring bankruptcy mere months after being given $535 Billion of taxpayer money, it appears that you and your leftist buddies simply want to point the finger and say "BUT HE DID IT TOO!! WAHHHH!!!"

I doubt you will find a conservative on this board who supported Bush's (over)spending addiction, but let's put this in perspective. MANY of Obama's projects have turned out to be complete and utter failures of epic proportion. Keep on deflecting though and act like the non-partisan that you aren't.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
You said you know nothing about any bailouts, and when I posted examples, you come back to say that you already knew about them. I have no time for your games. Google 'Bush wind energy', or 'Bush ethanol subsidies', or just 'Bush bailouts'. Go learn something, and then come back.
A deflection from my original question is pretty much what I expected and you held true to form... Good Job....

Old 01-29-2012, 03:29 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Yes, blaming the whole deal on Obama while pretending GOP had nothing to do with it is dishonest at best. The whole purpose of this thread is to inform people about the fact that GOP gave birth to the program which they are now using to critisize others.
And I thank you for that...like you, I'm not so emotionally wrapped around either party that I have to get all worked up over stuff like this...

I mean why should I spend my every waking moment defending or attacking either party, or polititions that I don't even know...

I would never allow either party to own my emotions like that...

Anyways...thanks for the info...and because I'm not all emotionally wrapped around the issue...I'm able to see it for what it is...just information...I can take it or leave it...good day...

Old 01-29-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This thread is about Solyndra so I'm trying to stay on topic some unlike others.......
Uh, did you or backspace create this thread? Get off it. You don't own the thread just because you so desperately want to keep a laser focus on the Solyndra issue (Obama). Again, transparent attempt to dodge the facts - the right started the handouts, thus they are complicit as well. Why is this so hard for some people to admit?

Finn is talking about Bush too. Finn started the thread.

Both Administrations had a hand in this. FACT.

Yet' *I* am "off-topic".

Listen, you can pretend that all of this started when Obama took office, if it suits your partisan agenda, but I am not going to put on the partisan blindfold to protect your mental blocks.

Off-topic? Only as off-topic as your responses to my "off-topic" posts. IF I'm so OT, then don't reply. Ah... but that's just it isn't it? You feel threatened by the facts preceding Obama's inauguration being exposed, so you must systematically attempt to bury them by declaring them "OT".

Yeah, talk about dodging. LOL!

Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Well, seeing as how Bush hasn't been president for over three years now, and none of his green energy pet projects/kick-backs to political donors ended in the companies declaring bankruptcy mere months after being given $535 Billion of taxpayer money, it appears that you and your leftist buddies simply want to point the finger and say "BUT HE DID IT TOO!! WAHHHH!!!"

I doubt you will find a conservative on this board who supported Bush's (over)spending addiction, but let's put this in perspective. MANY of Obama's projects have turned out to be complete and utter failures of epic proportion. Keep on deflecting though and act like the non-partisan that you aren't.
Solyndra failed, but the amount was 535 million, not 535 billion, as you say.

So, that's half a billion.

Do you know how much Bush funneled into failing AIG? 180 billion. That's over 300 times more than Solyndra. You want to put things in perspective, then that's a good starting point.

Do you know how much he spent on GM, before it failed? 20 billion, or 40 times more than Solyndra.

Those are just two examples. A lot of money was wasted, and if you want to be seen as some kind of conservative, you simply cannot ignore those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies