Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It used to be Republicans who accused Democrats of playing the "victim card", but now, it's Republicans who constantly vent about being victims of the media, society, culture, political correctness - and some even carp about being treated unfairly on this forum.

Rather than blaming everyone else for their frustrations, I think they need to start accepting some personal responsibility for their failures. If one of their ideas or philosophies isn't popular, it isn't because of political correctness, the media, or bias. It's because most Americans simply don't agree with them.
The better question would be: Why did you post this obviously baited thread full of misinformation?

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
It used to be Republicans who accused Democrats of playing the "victim card", but now, it's Republicans who constantly vent about being victims of the media, society, culture, political correctness - and some even carp about being treated unfairly on this forum.

Rather than blaming everyone else for their frustrations, I think they need to start accepting some personal responsibility for their failures. If one of their ideas or philosophies isn't popular, it isn't because of political correctness, the media, or bias. It's because most Americans simply don't agree with them.
Very good question. I've often wondered myself where they get the idea that us liberals are so gosh darn powerful what with us controlling the media and the schools and the courts et al. Even crazy these same "liberals control the media" people will tell you that "Fox News rules!"

1,482 posts, read 2,383,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Why do so many ignorant Democrats buy into the belief that the crap their party is spewing is any better?

If you buy into the nonsense professed by either mainstream party you are little more than a sheep that is anxious to make it's way to the front of the line for it's much overdue shearing.
One more election cycle like this one and I'll be ready for Radical Centrism or the American chapter of the Raving Looney Monster Party.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:29 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
No one complains about media bias like Republicans, and no one complains about political correctness like Republicans. They've captured the market on those two things.
That's bull****, NOBODY ******* more about the media than Democrats in reference to FOX NEWS. Come on, let's be real here... Democrats have created entire websites and corporations dedicated to attacking one particular media outlet because they claim it's right wing.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Even crazy these same "liberals control the media" people will tell you that "Fox News rules!"
That didn't take long to prove at all.

Liberal idiots are obsessed with Fox News beyond all comprehension, it's quite dangerous and humorous at the same time.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
One more election cycle like this one and I'll be ready for Radical Centrism or the American chapter of the Raving Looney Monster Party.
Based on the posts here it seems most of the electorate has already joined.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:

Don't be silly.

The society and the culture are center right and always have been.

Conservatives Maintain Edge as Top Ideological Group

The PC media is another story...

MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race. - YouTube

Old 01-29-2012, 01:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
The better question would be: Why did you post this obviously baited thread full of misinformation?
Baited? No, it's a discussion about politics - and a controversial one, at that. It's perfectly appropriate.

I started it because I don't understand why so many Republicans can't accept that some of their ideas are simply not popular with the majority of Americans.

To paraphrase Herman Cain: If your ideas aren't popular, don't blame the media or society, blame yo-self!

Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Baited? No, it's a discussion about politics - and a controversial one, at that. It's perfectly appropriate.

I started it because I don't understand why so many Republicans can't accept that some of their ideas are simply not popular with the majority of Americans.

To paraphrase Herman Cain: If your ideas aren't popular, don't blame the media or society, blame yo-self!
Right, why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem instead?

Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Hey, maybe they just need to be slapped hard once in a while?

Your points of view are so biased you cannot even make one post that is not insulting to somebody, though it is usually republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies