Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You'll flip flop like a dying fish to desperately fit your "only Republicans can ever do anything right" story, including living in the delusional state of belief that all of the successful Al Quaeda hits over the past two years didn't happen. That's pretty pathetic. "Oh, a successful strike happened under a Democratic administration - that can't be right?! It must not have happened!" I'm sure you practiced this same willful avoidance of reality when it came to the much smaller number of Al Quaeda leadership that were killed when Bush was in office.

You can stick your head in the sand and pretend like all of the things that happened didn't happen, but that won't change reality. And the reality is that a sizable (and larger than in past) number of senior Al Quaeda leaders have been wiped off the map due to aggressive administration policy, in part involving drones. And there's no backing away from that.

And again...who gives a crap if Ahmadinejad sends us a pink toy plane? If push comes to shove, this country under this President will send him back a lot more than that, and don't think he doesn't know it.
Well we don't know how many AQ leaders were killed while Bush was in office because he didn't run around calling press conferences every time they blasted one in Felluga. Fact is most are dead or ran off to play pirate. Obviously you don't mind the president being played like a fool. I do. That is what is wrong with this country anymore. No sack on anybody. May as well let the wookie run the whole show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
May as well let the wookie run the whole show.
Wow. Just wow.

Every now and then you just can't hide it any more, can you?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Funny that folks have brought up the Bush/thrown shoe incident, because, as I recall, he laughed it off, and was making jokes about it ("All I can tell you is it was a size 10") I thought he handled it pretty well honestly.
You know what? That's probably what Omaba is doing as well. Laughing it off, possibly with a dismissive wanking motion.
I suppose some around here would have him declare war over a pink toy, but fortunately he has something they lack: Perspective.
Talk to your ambiant. That is the only one I've seen saying we should go to war over it.

Fact is the office of the president is a joke to the arab world now thanks to Obama. He fly's bombing runs for "rebels" to take out momar so the muslim brudderhood can take power. He gets rid of another ally in Mubarek. He is doing their bidding. He is their female dog so to say.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Rational people have been through this before:

(1) because the image of it will become a very potent recruiting tool for all walks of radical Muslims against the USA. And right after the strike when tensions are highest, that's not what we need. By the way, there's a lot of other images and info relating to military strikes that the government has no obligation or interest to show you.

(2) even if you show the image, all the armchair "forensics experts" across America will still not believe it, because they will say that it was photoshopped, the blood doesn't look real, oh look the hair looks like it was a wig, blah blah blah. The real thing to go by is the DNA evidence, and if they released it to you, you likely wouldn't even understand it scientifically for one thing...but that still wouldn't stop "experts" from posting all about how the DNA tests were faked, etc. The door for a conspiracy argument is never closed...just ask the birthers about that one.
So, when one questions the administration they're birther's!!

Wonder, if you would've said the same, if Bush didn't produce pics of Saddam. Sounds more like he was worried about what other's thought, then getting the man who caused 9/11.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM

Anybody who buys the story of tossing him into the ocean is beyond help. All in the matter of a few hours to boot. He's probably staying at Obama's house he got from Tony Rezko right now drinking some latte with Bill Ayers.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:51 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Anybody who buys the story of tossing him into the ocean is beyond help.
Well... it didn't take long to get into full fledged nutburger territory.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I agree. But if we didn't want them to get their grubby mitts on a drone, We probably shouldn't have been flying it in their sovereign airspace.
They say it went into their airspace, when it ran out of fuel. The problem is not so much Iran, it's Russia and China. Just wonder, why it wasn't set up to self destruct.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Well... it didn't take long to get into full fledged nutburger territory.

You keep believing everything your government tells you. You will argue for days on end that Bush LIED to get us into a war then turn around and believe this nonsense about tossing bin laden's body into the ocean.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-31-2012 at 03:58 AM..

Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
You keep believing everything your government tells you. You will argue for days on end that Bush LIED to get us into a war then turn around and believe this nonsense about tossing bin laden's body into the ocean. It's gotta be a mental disease.
I don't see how people don't find this strange, it doesn't make any sense. Why should President Obama care for the feelings of Bin Laden. This story about if we saw him dead, it would make him a martyr, is a joke. Seems he would be one now, few seem to careless he's dead.

These are the same people, who analyzed every move of Bush's. Obama just smiles and says, he's dead and everyone should believe ME!!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I don't see how people don't find this strange, it doesn't make any sense. Why should President Obama care for the feelings of Bin Laden. This story about if we saw him dead, it would make him a martyr, is a joke. Seems he would be one now, few seem to careless he's dead.

These are the same people, who analyzed every move of Bush's. Obama just smiles and says, he's dead and everyone should believe ME!!
And of course the swooners do believe him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies