Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am in North Texas and yes things have changed, they have gotten hotter and dryer. FYI the north is also warmer, hence why so little fuel is being used and refineries are been closed because there not enough space to store the fuel. See how easy that is, ask and you shall recieve.
I am also in north Texas and find little change over the last 33 years. I recall the Summer of 1980 was a as bad as the last summer and recall some pretty mild summers. We also run in cycles of drought and rain . we are currently in a dry cycle. Hopefully we will get more rain this weekend. I find our air quality deepened on wind. when we have wind we seldom have Orange air alert days. As you know we get wild weather swings often going from one extreme to another. But on those occasions we actually have an average temperature day it is usually pretty nice around here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM

98 posts, read 81,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Not unexpected and not incongruent with climate change. In fact, it fits into the narrative. Remember, this is a global phenomenon, not a regional phenomenon. And increased cold and warm extremes on a warming planet are actually found in the climate model simulations and have been documented in the literature for over a decade.

I suggest that before people start coming in here and bashing global warming theory to have researched the topic and provide published data on the subject. And no, right-wing talk radio or NPR generated stories don't count.
just for you - see the new thread "What Now Al Gore?

I suggest you read the NASA data that is linked in the article..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies