Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,833,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
People like yourself are the reason that the political system is broken. s I pointed out in my last post, blind partisanship like this is ignorant. Until people stop pointing fingers and blaming the other side blindly... this sickness of the soul will continue. The blatant cntradictions are staggering... you say " we have to stop all this partisanship" while a second later.. "Obama is god, it is all the other sides fault" wow... has the free thinkers among us out here shaking our heads. They are both to blame for Americas downfall

Obama, Romney, Bush.... it DOES NOT MATTER... they are the same thing.... and the partisans will continue to bicker over nothing.... your post is proof of this sickness of which I speak
As i have said in previous posts. i came to America a political neutral but having seen the absolute disregard for everyday Americans by the right has forged my opinion.
I have visited and lived in other countries and can see how partisanship in the USA political system is responsible for the present stalemate in Washington. I can also see that Obama really does have the Countries interests at heart and i will say so. If the Republican party clean up their act and start working for America instead of their bank accounts then i will praise them too but at the moment they are a broken party trying to get power at any cost to America.......... not partisanship but hard facts.
It is not partisanship by citizens that is scary, as all Countries have citizen partisanship but the complete obstructionalism from the presentCongress that is slowly destroying America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,312,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Whats the plan to get the GOP back to being a serious political party?
Things they need to do in order to become relevant again:
1) Ditch the Libertarians
2) Refuse to pander to the evangelicals
3) Ditch the "Southern strategy."

If the Republicans are willing to implement these three suggestions, this will go a long way towards winning the "hearts and minds" of non white voters. As America continues to "brown," winning the "hearts and minds" of non white voters is a necessity for the Republicans to stay relevant. The Democrats have already done this, which is the reason why they will continue to be successful.

This is called evolution.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,428,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm going to wake up from my nightmare and laugh my ass off at all of the *******s who worship him for no reason... then I'm going to wait for them to blame his crushing loss on race since that's the only thing they really have left to blame.
Let's check back on November 7th and see who's laughing.

That poll on job approval numbers isn't exactly a predictor on the upcoming election. Just thought you should know.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,500,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Your deep unhappiness will continue on November 7th.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,500,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The Political System in the USA is broken. That is proven over and over again but unfortunately to get change in the USA is like "pulling a tooth".
Fear is the key to success in America. Watch any debate about anything in the USA and you will see that to win you must destroy the opposition instead of letting people know why you should get their vote. This primary race is a good example of what i mean.......... Romney has won Florida, for example, because he could spend millions on ATTACK ADS..... instead of winning on his own merit.
Money gone mad is now what leads America by the nose NOT common sense or even inteligent thought.
Every aspect of life in America is now wealth driven and if you are not wealthy well you can have the "scraps from the table" but please don't get above yourself and think you are a free & equal member of society........ only the wealthy have that honour.
The Republican party has this sense of entitlement more than any other group in the USA. America was NOT built on money makers but by industry and hard work. A fair days pay for a hard days work is no longer the case in the USA........... Low pay, Long Hours, No rights, Bad Education, Extremely expensive health care and absolutely NO job security is now the norm for middle and lower American........... CHARITY is the only way forward for millions in today's America.
President Obama understands that and has tried and tried to pass good bills to move America forward but the Republican held Congress has blocked his every move, even to the point of getting the USA downgraded by S&P after the debt ceiling fiasco........ raising the debt ceiling has occured so many times under many Presidents but this time the Republicans have excelled themselves in power crazy lunacy.
The Republican party hyave NOT shown any reason why America should vote for tham and are putting all their eggs in the basket of trying to scare the voters into not voting for Obama... a case of gettintg into power by default.
If the right wants to beat Obama then show us what you've got and the American people can see if you have a real plan or are just "bags of wind".
No one can deny that to get America completely out of the huge recession that engulfed it before Obama took office will take huge cash injections, more incoming revenue, revitalising American industy, better control of the big banks and corporations, tax reform, complete health reform, education reform, border control, reform of the mortgage system, lessen our dependency on oil, etc etc etc etc etc etc....... and this cannot be done in one term or probably a few terms but Obama IS getting us out of the deep hole we were in. Look at the rest of the World and then you will see that Obama is doing a good job.
Obama will probably get a second term.... not by fear tactics but on his record.
The Republican party must get its act together if it ever wants to be a force in American politics as right now it has lost its way and hasn't even got a compass to find its way back home.
Partisan Politics fails America and if there is no desire by either party to negotiate then America will sink until it becomes second fiddle to China.
Get real people and stop this blame game but work TOGETHER for America NOT for the petty partisan money machine.
Well said!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 PM

22,629 posts, read 24,490,853 times
I have no doubt that Mr ObamaOs**a will easily get back in....big deal.

The truth is.....as many thinking people have realized......both parties are very corrupt and insane.

Welcome to Mad Max America.......I hope ideologues on both sides are happy.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I think boehner and others secretly want to be rid of birthers and the tea party but cant right now. After Obama wins they will be able to clean up their party. I just wonder how they plan to do it and thought some moderate republicans might give me a hint.
If Obama wins they'll just conclude the candidate wasn't a true conservative and therefore they need to tack even further to the right. Conservatism doesn't fail, individuals fail to be conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies