Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 12:46 PM

994 posts, read 723,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It absolutely extends to employees. During the Eisenhower administration when the anti-communist hearings were occurring, Eisenhower forbid DOD officials from testifying, or giving statements to Congress.
But shouldn't there be at least some semblence of a legitimate reason for refusing? So far as I have seen there hasn't even been an attempt to justify not producing the documents. No national security, no claim it would expose undercover agents, no nothing. Holder is just dragging his feet. You've compared treaties with foreign powers and information on enemy inflitration of our defense department to a memo on whether Holder lied about when he knew something. How is that privileged information? What's the point of having an Oversight committee in the first place if anybody can refuse at will to honor its subpoenas?

"We need to see that paper"
"No"
"Why?"
"Because I'm guilty but you can't prove it without the paper. So I'm claiming executive privilege"
"Oh, okay. Why didn't you just say so in the first place? Investigation closed. Next case!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,323,955 times
I still think that the gun issue could end up as a trump card for the GOP in 2012. Remember that it was what really kept Gore from winning in 2000, to the point where Kerry had his famous, ludicrous "kin ah get me a huntin' license?" moment in 2004.

Unfortunately Romney has an anti-gun background but he can still hammer Obama on 'fast and furious.' He just has to do it on the basis of corruption/coverup and not on gun control per se. It would help if he takes a 'Second Amendment absolutist as VP, such as Condi Rice....

Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It absolutely extends to employees. During the Eisenhower administration when the anti-communist hearings were occurring, Eisenhower forbid DOD officials from testifying, or giving statements to Congress under the belief that a communist witch-hunt could undermine the military.
And that "witch hunt" didn't stop the infiltration of the government in DC. I think that Eisenhower must have become a part-time pacifist during WW II. So many communists were found in government after the left managed to get rid of the one man willing to put his neck on the line trying to expose what was happening.

Ok, now you have pointed out that a President can do what Eisenhower did. Has Obama done that yet or is he keeping his options open in case he has to get rid of Holder to protect himself? Holder better be looking over his shoulder, I think.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I still think that the gun issue could end up as a trump card for the GOP in 2012. Remember that it was what really kept Gore from winning in 2000, to the point where Kerry had his famous, ludicrous "kin ah get me a huntin' license?" moment in 2004.

Unfortunately Romney has an anti-gun background but he can still hammer Obama on 'fast and furious.' He just has to do it on the basis of corruption/coverup and not on gun control per se. It would help if he takes a 'Second Amendment absolutist as VP, such as Condi Rice....
I think that Romney has to get the nomination first and he is slipping.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,669,108 times
i'd love to see holder in prison

Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,129,059 times
Good thing for liberals and Holders the pseudo news media in this country has largely ignored this story. It's clear by the liberal silence if what is going on says they know Holder and others are lying corrupt dirtbags, but they don't care.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i'd love to see holder in prison
Dream on.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And that "witch hunt" didn't stop the infiltration of the government in DC. I think that Eisenhower must have become a part-time pacifist during WW II. So many communists were found in government after the left managed to get rid of the one man willing to put his neck on the line trying to expose what was happening.

Ok, now you have pointed out that a President can do what Eisenhower did. Has Obama done that yet or is he keeping his options open in case he has to get rid of Holder to protect himself? Holder better be looking over his shoulder, I think.
The horror, the horror. Communists!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Good lets get the truth out there. To many in washington forget who they work for

Old 02-18-2012, 05:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Spewing racist hatred is substantially different from disagreeing with me.

However, I do understand that some of these "people" may be spewing views that you agree with.

LMAO- I forgot that anything you disagree with or just don't like is also racist. The truth does get some people butt hurt every now and then.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies