Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What best describes your view of Jane Fonda?
A great public figure all around 5 6.02%
Not a great public figure, but her antiwar activism was good 14 16.87%
A good public figure, but her antiwar activism went too far 9 10.84%
A contempible public figure and traitor 42 50.60%
Other 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:32 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
The poll is flawed.

The number one answer is: I have no view of Jane Fonda whatsoever. She never enters my mind.

or, pie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,791 times
other

she spent her life being a "trendsetter"

when it was fashionable to be a sex kitten, she did.

when it was fashionable to be anti-war, she was.

when it was fashionable to work out, she made herself the queen of aerobics.

when it was fashionable to say "me first" she married some rich guy.

I wil say one thing, I saw her movie "On Golden Pond" when I was 20 and was impressed by how good she looked. I mean, back then I thought 40 year old women had to look like bags of dead mice. Thanks to her I started working out and it has paid off.

Other than that, meh.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
She's not as hot as she was in Barbarella...
Few women are

Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
She said stupid things when she was a kid.

Many of those stupid statements have been altered and become urban myth.

She said stupid things during a stupid war, people want to blame her instead of those who started the stupid war.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Supporting the enemy because you oppose the war is not an acceptable way to protest.

Nobody blames her INSTEAD of those who started the stupid war. They criticize her IN ADDITION TO those who started the war.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
The poll is flawed.

The number one answer is: I have no view of Jane Fonda whatsoever. She never enters my mind.

I agree. But now that this thread has been started, I remember her hot bod from years ago.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Everybody makes mistakes or takes positions that are not with the majority. I admire Jane for being a woman with a voice. We need more women who are unafraid to stand up for their beliefs. She positions herself as an equal with men and that threatens men. Read the posts that only describe her as attractive and you'll see how much farther we need to go to insure that women are truly equal. She didn't marry Turner for money, she married because she loved a powerful man. That's something self-actualized people do; they don't marry losers. Her public metamorphosis from what society expected (sex kitten) to activist and social pioneer (working out, speaking out, empowering one's self) is laudable. Imperfect though she may be, she has had an impact in her 70+ years, something the rest of us cannot claim.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
The poll is flawed.

This

Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Your views on Jane Fonda?
Why?

She isn't running for office.....she hasn't applied to you for a loan...

So, again, why?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why?

She isn't running for office.....she hasn't applied to you for a loan...

So, again, why?
Because there is an email that makes the rounds every few months about what a reprehensible so-and-so Obama is because he has the gall to want to honor Jane Fonda as one of the "100 Women of the Century." And like so many of these chain emails polluting our inboxes from RWNJs, this one is a doozie.

FactCheck.org : Blame Jane Falsehoods

Problem is, there will always be at least one fool who believes it and passes it on.

The damn thing must be making the rounds again. Maybe because it is an election year?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Because there is an email that makes the rounds every few months about what a reprehensible so-and-so Obama is because he has the gall to want to honor Jane Fonda as one of the "100 Women of the Century." And like so many of these chain emails polluting our inboxes from RWNJs, this one is a doozie.

FactCheck.org : Blame Jane Falsehoods

Problem is, there will always be at least one fool who believes it and passes it on.

The damn thing must be making the rounds again. Maybe because it is an election year?
But she isn't running for office.....

The RWNJ's don't care about Newt's lurid immoral dishonest past but do care about what an actress did 40 years ago????

Just when I thought my opinion of Repugs couldn't get any lower......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies