Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,536,258 times

Advertisements

'Fear Factor' contestants told by NBC to shut up about canceled episode they starred in

What is wrong with us????

Let's not mention the fact that this horrific stunt was even offered up as a task, in the first place......

But the fact that these two girls saw nothing wrong with what they did and were not ASHAMED in the least, speaks volumes about this perverted culture we live in!!

They we DISAPPOINTED that it would not be aired???

Disappointed????

Our senses have been numbed to such a degree that I'm not sure that a compass even exists anymore.

I fear for the world my small children will have to grow up in.

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,875,047 times
My kind of girls.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
'Fear Factor' contestants told by NBC to shut up about canceled episode they starred in

Let's not mention the fact that this horrific stunt was even offered up as a task, in the first place......

But the fact that these two girls saw nothing wrong with what they did and were not ASHAMED in the least, speaks volumes about this perverted culture we live in!!

Disappointed????

Our senses have been numbed to such a degree that I'm not sure that a compass even exists anymore.

[/LEFT]
These were my exact thoughts when I heard about this yesterday.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
These were my exact thoughts when I heard about this yesterday.

This is so sick....and twisted.... "sigh"

Old 02-02-2012, 02:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:

Disappointed????

[/LEFT]

A compass entails that you have a strict, barely changing direction in which to follow. For instance, magnetic north is generally in the same place (it does move)

But morals are not concrete, and they move based on the moment, individual, and situation you find yourself in. A good man can be bad, and a bad man can be good.

Every individual should be allowed to follow their own moral compass. If you aren't physically hurting anyone, or stealing from them, then you should be free to follow your own whims.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:13 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,444,126 times
Quote:
This is so sick....and twisted.... "sigh"
I blame it on the Hollyweird culture that exists like it does today. People will do just about anything to get their 15 minutes of fame. Look how popular Jersey Shore is.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
A compass entails that you have a strict, barely changing direction in which to follow. For instance, magnetic north is generally in the same place (it does move)

But morals are not concrete, and they move based on the moment, individual, and situation you find yourself in. A good man can be bad, and a bad man can be good.

Every individual should be allowed to follow their own moral compass. If you aren't physically hurting anyone, or stealing from them, then you should be free to follow your own whims.
That's ridiculous!

It's that kind of thinking that has led two young women to drink donkey sperm for money.

That kind of thinking that allows a young mother to go party while her baby has been missing for 30 days.

People are always hurt....directly or indirectly by what we do! No one is an island.

Answer me this? Do you like people lying to you??

Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:
That's ridiculous!

It's that kind of thinking that has led two young women to drink donkey sperm for money.

That kind of thinking that allows a young mother to go party while her baby has been missing for 30 days.

People are always hurt....directly or indirectly by what we do! No one is an island.

Answer me this? Do you like people lying to you??
50,000 dollars? I'll drink it.

Some people moral compass says not to drink alcohol. Should we all follow that? Maybe we should outlaw more then two hours of television a week.

You can't regulate these things, and there is no moral compass. Its an individual choice.

Welcome to these United States. We are supposed to be a free country, and freedom means you are free to do stupid things, if you aren't hurting anyone.

No, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Casey Anthony.

Did you read my post? I said "If you aren't hurting anyone"

I think putting duct tape over your daughters mouth and driving with her in your trunk until she is dead counts as hurting people.

If a grown man or woman wants to drink donkey sperm for money, its none of yours, mine, or anyone elses damned business.

Don't like it, don't do it.

Maybe we should outlaw alcohol, or two hours of TV per day? Thats moral to some people.

I don't like people lying to me, but I don't expect them to go to jail if they do.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,365 times
Lots of people think their lives are deserving of a reality show. The truth is they are not that interesting.

If you're dumb enough to sign up for one of these stunts...I have no sympathy.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,513,673 times
Meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies