Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the Susan G Komen foundation doesn't want to be aligned with an organization that is mired in a current controversy? The Susan G Komen foundation has stayed away from controversies up until now and perhaps thought it was better for them to simply steer clear of Planned Parenthood right now given the investigations, etc. I can't believe that people would actually fight against this worthy cause and worthy charity just because of this decision. So, for those people that will no longer support SGK and actively fight against it, are you just a fair weather charity contributor?
Maybe.

But then again, maybe not:

Komen's $7.5 Million Grant to Penn State Appears to Violate New Policy | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh noes!!! Protecting children from a condition that around 80% of all humans end up contracting, and which can cause cancer?? What a horrible, horrible thing to do...

Really guys? Now you have a problem with PREVENTATIVE measures too? Unbelievable.

FYI, they recommend getting that vaccine as young as possible (at the latest by 25, in fact it's not offered to anyone older than that), since again - 80% generally have it by adulthood, most of whom aren't even aware and thus spreading it like wildfire. So I feel the younger the better!! Why on earth would this even be a controversy? Just because it's called an "STD?" Maybe we should change the classification to a communicable virus, and then people would get the vaccine & end it like polio.
Just like everything the vaccine companies don't tell us, I wouldn't advise my child to get this vaccine............Hidden Dangers In HPV Vaccines.
Serious side effects from Gardasil were already being reported within the first year. "Between June 8, 2006, and Dec. 31, 2008, 11,916 adverse reactions to the vaccine and the death[s] of 32 young women and girls" were reported. By the Summer of 2009, vaccine-related injuries had climbed to 15,000. On March 30 of this year, the reported unexplained deaths following Gardasil injections had increased to 49.
More information is available at the National Vaccine Information Center: NIVC Home Page

In February 2009, Spain recalled "76,000 doses of Gardasil Following Seizures in Two Young Girls." At the time, Erin Brockovich noted that in the US: "We've had more than two girls [became] sick, and to my knowledge NO doses of the vaccine were ever recalled here. The issue is that two girls got sick and Spain responded immediately. Think of the human cost of rushing to market."

In that regard, Dr. Mercola has written: "Merck has convinced millions of girls [and their parents] to get vaccinated with Gardasil by instilling in them a fear of the sexually transmitted diseaseHPV [and] this fear mongering is only revealing a select assortment of facts. Merck would like you to hear that 6 million women contract HPV annually ­but they do not tell you that most of these cases are harmless. Your body can clear up HPV on its own, and does so more than 90 percent of the time."

Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nobody's saying that... but I know women who've had abortions, and they are just fine mentally & physically years later. A few of them went on to have children later in life, and I've heard them say things like "I'm soooo glad I waited & didn't have a child when I got pregnant as a teen!" Abortions are no walk in the park, I agree, but teen parenthood is even more difficult.

For the record, I would never choose abortion for myself - I just don't feel it's my place to control what other women do with their bodies.
I'm not saying they get totally messed up, it's just something that's with you for the rest of your life. It's a cold place and not enough is talked about. Each person is different, some women never think of that child again, then, there are women, that remember that very day when the month comes around and wonder, if the child had lived what would he/she be like.

It's a horrible position either way. The problem is our society is teaching kids to have sex younger and younger, The boy for the most part are not responsible and the burden can be a lifetime for the girl.

I do understand teen pregnancy, just think we need to talk to our daughters. For the most part, it's more girls under the age of 18 getting pregnant, we're not talking women in their late 20's 30's even 40's.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just like everything the vaccine companies don't tell us, I wouldn't advise my child to get this vaccine............Hidden Dangers In HPV Vaccines.
Serious side effects from Gardasil were already being reported within the first year. "Between June 8, 2006, and Dec. 31, 2008, 11,916 adverse reactions to the vaccine and the death[s] of 32 young women and girls" were reported. By the Summer of 2009, vaccine-related injuries had climbed to 15,000. On March 30 of this year, the reported unexplained deaths following Gardasil injections had increased to 49.
More information is available at the National Vaccine Information Center: NIVC Home Page

In February 2009, Spain recalled "76,000 doses of Gardasil Following Seizures in Two Young Girls." At the time, Erin Brockovich noted that in the US: "We've had more than two girls [became] sick, and to my knowledge NO doses of the vaccine were ever recalled here. The issue is that two girls got sick and Spain responded immediately. Think of the human cost of rushing to market."

In that regard, Dr. Mercola has written: "Merck has convinced millions of girls [and their parents] to get vaccinated with Gardasil by instilling in them a fear of the sexually transmitted diseaseHPV [and] this fear mongering is only revealing a select assortment of facts. Merck would like you to hear that 6 million women contract HPV annually ­but they do not tell you that most of these cases are harmless. Your body can clear up HPV on its own, and does so more than 90 percent of the time."

WTF? Harmless. No Dr. in their right mind will EVER tell a woman that a abnormal cell detected in her body is harmless. Abnormals cells have a rating, a low rating CAN be absorbed by the body, but NOT completely, meaning that it can ALWAYS come back. A GYN will always tell you that you should continue to get checked. My goodness, you CAN NOT be a female to make such a wreckless, clueless and ignorant statement like that.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So it's purely coincidence that Rep. Stearns began this investigation?

"He's been a major backer of pregnancy resource centers, a sort of pro-life alternative to Planned Parenthood clinics, which counsel against abortion. He introduced a bill in January 2011 that would stipulate that federal family-planning money go only to organizations that show women sonograms of fetuses and advise against ending pregnancies."
Meet the Man Behind Susan G. Komen Decision's to Stiff Planned Parenthood - David A. Graham - Politics - The Atlantic

Stearns is also the moron who had the FBI screen 60,000 9/11 emergency responders against the terrorist watch list to make sure that all those terrorists who responded to the 9/11 attacks were caught before they were able to benefit from the 9/11 Health and Compensation Act.
Ocala Rep. Cliff Stearns still defending push to check 9/11 first responders for terror ties | Ocala.com
You know what they say about the tail wagging the dog...
This is starting to sound more and more like conspiracy to me:

"Tuesday's news that Susan G. Komen for the Cure is ending funding it provided to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screenings has led to increased scrutiny of Komen's staff, which—as I reported previously—includes a federal lobbyist who pledged to defund Planned Parenthood while campaigning for governor of Georgia."

Susan G. Komen's Founder Is Major GOP Donor, Ex-Bush Ambassador | Mother Jones

Old 02-02-2012, 07:04 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Churches are changing their position on abortion?
We have not changed our position at all. Then, as now, we feel the decision is up to the woman. No-one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot do with their body. If they come for counselling, I let them know I am not a fan of abortion as a method of birth control, but I also understand that the decision is completely their own and regardless of what they chose to do, I and the church will support them 100%.

Quote:
The only reason Komen says they are stopping, is the money has been directed to abortions. I've got no problem, with PP if they're not in the business of giving abortions to women, under the age of 18. This happens a lot without a parent knowing. If the parent is involved, which, seldom they are, then it's between the parent and child.
Sorry, all the documentation is saying that the funds were NOT going to abortions, rather cancer screenings, preventative check-ups etc. Sadly the women who need PP the most are the ones being affected by the Komen decision. I seriously hope at the end of the day Komen suffers bigtime and the funds that were going to them are redirected to other charities that leave politics out of the business of helping others.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:04 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:

In that regard, Dr. Mercola has written: "Merck has convinced millions of girls [and their parents] to get vaccinated with Gardasil by instilling in them a fear of the sexually transmitted diseaseHPV [and] this fear mongering is only revealing a select assortment of facts. Merck would like you to hear that 6 million women contract HPV annually *but they do not tell you that most of these cases are harmless. Your body can clear up HPV on its own, and does so more than 90 percent of the time."

You do know Mercola is a total quack...right?

Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by succinct View Post
You are misunderstanding the incidents reports. In a healthy population how many would there have been?
Where do you see these girls are sick?? If you feel it's safe then so be it. I just don't believe in putting stuff in my body,that's not closer to nature. To believe the vaccine companies are not out to make money, is naive of the public.

When they came out with the flu shot H1N1 my doctor and his nurse didn't get it, they felt not enough research had been done. Vaccines are being pushed and the public thinks the government and vaccine companies have your best interest in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
WTF? Harmless. No Dr. in their right mind will EVER tell a woman that a abnormal cell detected in her body is harmless. Abnormals cells have a rating, a low rating CAN be absorbed by the body, but NOT completely, meaning that it can ALWAYS come back. A GYN will always tell you that you should continue to get checked. My goodness, you CAN NOT be a female to make such a wreckless, clueless and ignorant statement like that.
This report was put out by a naturalist doctor, of course vaccine companies are going to disagree. If you feel safe injecting yourself or your daughter, with whatever the vaccine companies tell you, then go for it. I would be more inclined to go with a naturalist. The article didn't say not to be re checked!!!

Dangers of Gardasil HPV Vaccination
‘Report of Motor Neuron Disease After HPV Vaccine: Investigators are reporting a case of motor neuron disease after immunization with the quadrivalent vaccine Gardasil. The Merck product is designed to prevent infection with several types of human papillomavirus.

The cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil has triggered multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms in some girls after being inoculated: Doctors said the victims were either teenagers or women in their early 20s who may have been predisposed to MS or who had a prior history of symptoms. St Vincent’s Hospital neurologist Dr Ian Sutton reported five cases in a journal article in January. Another five have since emerged.

“Gardasil vaccination is not the cause of MS; whether or not it was a trigger for episodes of inflammation in the brain in these rare cases is unclear,” Dr Sutton said. All cases were in women aged under 26, the target group of a vaccination program that began in 2007. Symptoms began within three weeks of vaccination and lasted from weeks to months. “We have raised the question: has the vaccine modified what may have occurred anyway or just been an additional trigger?” Dr Sutton said.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You know what they say about the tail wagging the dog...
This is starting to sound more and more like conspiracy to me:

"Tuesday's news that Susan G. Komen for the Cure is ending funding it provided to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screenings has led to increased scrutiny of Komen's staff, which—as I reported previously—includes a federal lobbyist who pledged to defund Planned Parenthood while campaigning for governor of Georgia."

Susan G. Komen's Founder Is Major GOP Donor, Ex-Bush Ambassador | Mother Jones
Oh please, the Left is trying to think up conspiracy theories right and left to explain the reason Komen will no longer fund PP....in MOST, but not ALL cases.

The PP facilities that actually perform the service are STILL being funding. It is those that give out referrals that are losing funding.

The shrieking and frothing from the Left is hysterical.

Let them donate their money so PP has enough green to keep killing babies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...I9kQ_blog.html

Quote:
Brinker says it has to do with the fact that they do not provide mammograms to women, but only provide mammogram referrals. “It was nothing they were doing wrong,” she explained. “We have decided not to fund, whereever possible, pass-through grants. We were giving them money, they were sending women out for mammograms.
Donations to Komen have gone through the roof!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
You do know Mercola is a total quack...right?
You do know most "naturalist doctors" are considered quacks!! I'm not saying they have the cure, there's a lot out on this vaccine. not just Mercola opinion. I tend to agree with Homeopathic treatment, then vaccine companies.

Even Erin Brockovich has spoken out.Erin Brockovich: Gardasil (the case against Merck's HPV vaccine)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies