Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM

14 posts, read 10,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Who would you like to take care of the MediCal patients in Planned Parenthood goes away?

Adult handicapped women need medical care too. Since Planned Parenthood is the major service provider in California, and this has absolutely nothing to do with abortions at all, where would you like them to go for their medical care?
PP will survive without FEDERAL TAX dollars. Taxpayers that do not agree with their ideology shouldn't have to pay any part of it, not one cent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Conservative View Post
PP will survive without FEDERAL TAX dollars. Taxpayers that do not agree with their ideology shouldn't have to pay any part of it, not one cent.
Cry me a river.

I don't agree with the war in Afghanistan. Does that mean I don't have to pay one cent of my tax money toward it? I don't agree with One Child Left Behind and its unfunded mandates. Why am I paying for it?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Yep, we can agree on all this.
You don't understand Komen very well. The overwhelming majority of their donors/supporters are supportive of PP as well.

So you can dream and hope that right wing social conservatives will make up the difference but you are fooling yourself.

It would almost be as if the NRA got caught contributing to Obama and some liberal went around claiming.....don't worry about those pissed conservatives NRA, us liberals will make of the difference!....LOL

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Planned Parenthood services offered:

blah blah

In no particular order taken from the Planned Parenthood website.
Planned Parenthood
Your point? People can still get those services at clinics and hospitals other than PP that don't depend on federal support.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Cry me a river.

I don't agree with the war in Afghanistan. Does that mean I don't have to pay one cent of my tax money toward it? I don't agree with One Child Left Behind and its unfunded mandates. Why am I paying for it?
No child left behind, not one. And I am not being condescending, as I also do not support it either.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Cry me a river.

Well if you don't agree with it. Vote and write to law makers. Do something about it.

Quote:
77% of Americans believe abortion should be legal. Just 20% feel as you do.

You just don't dwell in reality do you?

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yup, you nailed it. Hospitals and imaging centers do mammograms, although there are a few Planned Parenthood clinics that are breast clinics, and they do mammograms on site.

The changing stories from Komen officials is pathetic, and just goes to show they were totally unprepared for the backlash.
It's not the first time that those on the right have underestimated the intelligence and perspicacity of American women - even amongst their own ranks.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
What other services? They promote promiscuous behaviors and reliance upon contraceptives. Over 50% of the women that come back to them for abortions had relied on contraceptives during the period of conception.
Quote:
Your point? People can still get those services at clinics and hospitals other than PP that don't depend on federal support.
In many areas, they are the only providers of preventive care for particular demographics. Sorry the list I provided disproved your preconceived notions.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Try " In most Christian minds is it murder." Most of America is Christian so......
Ok then 77% of americans approve of murder in their minds....LOL

Would it kill you to research public opinion on abortion rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies