Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Taxpayers HAVE in the past paid for abortions. As for the rest of it, where have I disagreed with anything you have said?
These people don't even know it's going to be a part of "ObamaCare" or it's why they support his bill.

Some how babies, are not part of the poor we should care about, guess God's got them covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its none of your god damned business who anyone else is having sex with. If they aren't raping children or adults, its none of anyone elses business.

We are supposed to be a free country.
You're too mad to see what I was saying..........figures.

I was saying women are out there having free sex, not just men, like harbor lady implied.

Get off your "high horse" and realize women are also, out there using men.

We are a "free country" and men have the right to not be labeled the only one's with their zipper down.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No I'm one myself, it's just people on here keep saying it's the guys fault. Other than freightshaker, the other men on here are not even defending their own gender. Guess Rush is right "Chickafication" has hit America!!

Get with and realize blame lies on both sides.
You're one what yourself? A woman? SO? Women can hate women...get with it....

NO one is blaming one sex more than the other except for the anti-choicers who blame women more.

One gender has NO obligation to defend it's own gender....that's stupid , short-sighted, ignorant and ridiculous. Facts are facts and have no gender....

If you think "Rush", is , right, about anything, it negates, your points.

Now, let's both use less commas !!! You first!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:08 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
These people don't even know it's going to be a part of "ObamaCare" or it's why they support his bill.

Some how babies, are not part of the poor we should care about, guess God's got them covered.
obamacare? responsibility of the fathers? BC failure? it matters not. abortion is a fact of life that does not change with the admin of the POTUS.
women need full health care. women have the right to control her body.

babies are part of the poor our society tries to take care of. we don't do such a great job now at child protective services or taking care of our foster children. helping a young mother who didn't have an abortion.

a pregnancy that doesn't come to term is not the same thing by any stretch

Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:

I was saying women are out there having free sex, not just men, like harbor lady implied.

We are a "free country" and men have the right to not be labeled the only one's with their zipper down.
You're saying that people should be more careful who they have sex with.

I'm saying its none of your damned business.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:

Yup, we're a free country which means freedom to have sex when and with whom we want....

Now, have you taken your complaints about the inability to change human nature to the manufacturer yet....or are you still thinking the product will change itself....????

Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,624,668 times
Quote:
There it is, close your legs, shut your zipper.

Never fails, its the last argument, and any rational person can realize, its a silly one.

Human beings will have sex, period. That isn't a statement of opinion, its a statement of fact.
And here we have another inane response to a vary rational point of view.

Once again, let's try to be rational. Yes, people are going to have sex, no doubt about that. But we are human beings (not rabbits) and we have the awareness of, and means to prevent unwanted pregnancies, with the only requirement being the commitment to exercise the personal responsibility to utilize preventive measures and precautions. And if some cannot afford condoms, they can just find a 10 year old who's not using the ones given him in elementary school.

But it's a poor argument to say that since people are going to have sex, unwanted pregnancies are inevitable, as if there are no means available to prevent them. The answer now seems to be one of surrender, making the next act of irresponsibility the automatic solution to the first, making abortion easily available to all.

You see, just as it is human nature to have sex, so is it human nature to behave irresponsibility when there is no consequence in doing so. By making abortion so easily available, the consequences of irresponsibility have been eliminated, consequently, you can expect that irresponsible behavior to increase.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Read post 731
OK. The 'responsibility' is avoiding unwanted pregnancy in the 1st place. That should work.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
exercise the personal responsibility to utilize preventive measures and precautions.
What do you think planned parenthood does?

Its either birth control, or no birth control.

The only other options are don't have sex, or have unprotected sex.

You decide.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Yep, but some folks only read what they want to, and not what is reality.

Some posters blatantly ignore reality. I have always said, I am open and can change my mind on any topic, if shown facts.

The problem is, the facts back my positions, religion backs others, and religion is hardly fact.
Ever think religion isn't everything!! My/others position has nothing to do with my faith. Your open minded don't think so, you think that people who have morals are just religious, think again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies