Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 02:03 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,939,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No thanks, think I will repy to your BS instead.

As I said, how much I give is none of your freaking business. Besides any number anyone says will not mater, you farsiders will simply say it is a lie since the only way to prove it would be to post personal information. SO, In otherwords you are TROLLING.

Put your money where your mouth is, Post your dollar amounts with reciepts and other supporting documentation so we can see how you are a good man doing your bit by practicing what you whine about about.

We already know what righties like you think of the poor, "get a job and take care of yourself and if you cannot, just die and go away already", after all it is always been survival of the only the fit with you guys and to h*ll with the rest. All the while telling everyone that will listen that you are good men and good Christians.

Get this through your head, the US Government is going to continue to help those that need it, and they are going to use Tax Dollrs to do it, including Yours, whether You like it or not. Do you know why, it is because relying on charity did not get the job done, and we are talking about our fellow Americans, or don't you know anything about US history either.
Some people think they are authorities on everything and can demand explanations, documentation, pass judgement and tell everyone else how to live their lives, but won't answer themselves. I do donate to charity but really, it is no one's business and I don't have to prove myself to anyone. The only intention of this thread is to bash liberals, period. I have answered some of these types of questions in the past and it always ends the same way.

We pay taxes and will continue to do so. Some of us don't have a problem with it...it has nothing to do with how much or how little we donate to charity. Keep in mind that some people donate to charity simply for tax deductions, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Some people buy property for the same reason and why the obsession with the tax dollars that go to entitlement programs when they go to soooo much more that we do not have a choice about?

More of our tax dollars go to Medicare than food stamps or housing programs. Should we end Medicare and say to hell with all of the people that depend on it? Defense spending trumps all. Nevermind the wars that we spend billions of dollars on, all the attention and hatred is on the poor.

Now that you have seen that there are liberals who donate time and money to the poor, what do you have to say, OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 02:03 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,209,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
Tax dollars aren't what we are talking about here. The question is about how liberals spend their own money out of their pocket in regards to charity.
You implied that liberals tell people how to spend their money. If you weren't talking about tax dollars what were you talking about? What examples do you have of liberals telling people how to spend their charity money?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:06 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,517,904 times
We have taken even six sacks at one time, of canned goods to the Food bank dropoff in a local restaurant twice last year, plus given to the annual food drive that was collected in the parking lot of our Military Commissary. Not just corn and peas but large cans of wild, Alaskan caught salmons, even a dozen at one drop, and thick chili, etc.

I made some purchases of athletic shoes, about ninety bucks a pair, put them away, three pair and oops....few years later found them and was not even wearing the style anymore so they all went to Goodwill.

I've pulled over and given a homeless man a twenty, more than once and that was after asking him if it was really for food and not booze or ciggies, with no apologies. A few other various things like that but I won't be specific about all of our charity cuz this much feels like bragging or something.

Point is we give, our friends, family and associates do, too and I mean spontaneously, too.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,046,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Some people think they are authorities on everything and can demand explanations, documentation, pass judgement and tell everyone else how to live their lives, but won't answer themselves. I do donate to charity but really, it is no one's business and I don't have to prove myself to anyone. The only intention of this thread is to bash liberals, period. I have answered some of these types of questions in the past and it always ends the same way.

We pay taxes and will continue to do so. Some of us don't have a problem with it...it has nothing to do with how much or how little we donate to charity. Keep in mind that some people donate to charity simply for tax deductions, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Some people buy property for the same reason and why the obsession with the tax dollars that go to entitlement programs when they go to soooo much more that we do not have a choice about?

More of our tax dollars go to Medicare than food stamps or housing programs. Should we end Medicare and say to hell with all of the people that depend on it? Defense spending trumps all. Nevermind the wars that we spend billions of dollars on, all the attention and hatred is on the poor.

Now that you have seen that there are liberals who donate time and money to the poor, what do you have to say, OP?
I have to say this thread is going exactly as I expected it would. Except for a few forthright Liberals, the rest is deflection, including your post.

When your feet are held to the fire to explain why Libs attack the GOP for their perceived stance against the poor, and when you're asked to show us how you walk the walk, Liberals (like you) react with "I don't have to tell you" .....but you sure don't mind railing against the GOP do you? You sure don't mind proclaiming that the GOP hates the poor do you? Doesn't that spell hypocrisy on your part? If you're so interested in the poor, perhaps you'll tell us how interested you are in supporting them by telling how much you've given to them since 2008.

Shouldn't this be an easy answer for the righteous amongst you?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,086,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
You implied that liberals tell people how to spend their money. If you weren't talking about tax dollars what were you talking about? What examples do you have of liberals telling people how to spend their charity money?
So, you don't read posts from liberal people on here saying how everyone should donate to charity, especially the rich?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:13 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,209,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
So, you don't read posts from liberal people on here saying how everyone should donate to charity, especially the rich?
No, I haven't. Which posts are those?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,083,516 times
About as much as I've donated to the post office, the road builders, or public school. What's your point? It's not any individual's job to support those people or organization. It's the gov't responsibility to provide these services, and our responsibility to fund the gov't so that it can do its job.

I only donate to things that fall outside of the gov't's purview or that's meant to provide something additional on top of what the gov't does.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
About as much as I've donated to the post office, the road builders, or public school. What's your point? It's not any individual's job to support those people or organization. It's the gov't responsibility to provide these services, and our responsibility to fund the gov't so that it can do its job.

I only donate to things that fall outside of the gov't's purview or that's meant to provide something additional on top of what the gov't does.
In other words, since the government provides food, clothes, housing, cell phones, etc. to the poor, you see no need to give to the poor?

Sounds like another hypocritcal liberal to me, especially if you've ever castigated the rich for being successful and alleged that they don't pay "their fair share."

Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,083,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In other words, since the government provides food, clothes, housing, cell phones, etc. to the poor, you see no need to give to the poor?

Sounds like another hypocritcal liberal to me, especially if you've ever castigated the rich for being successful and alleged that they don't pay "their fair share."
There's nothing hypocritical about it. Do you donate to your garbage collectors? Your bus drivers? I doubt it. But you'd have no problem paying your taxes to make sure that those jobs get done.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
There's nothing hypocritical about it. Do you donate to your garbage collectors? Your bus drivers? I doubt it. But you'd have no problem paying your taxes to make sure that those jobs get done.
So the poor are just another function of the government akin to garbage collectors, bus drivers, etc? They're just a fact of life that have to be funded in order for city services to continue? They get a budget just like every other service provided to taxpayers?

Really??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies