Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I'm talking about the exact amount you, as an individual pay for each program. A breakdown of your actual bill. An itemized tax bill. Most businessess give you itemized bills.
Itemized would be good. And so would the ability to delegate those dollars to items that you're especially interested in funding. Then, if there are shortcomings in certain areas, the government could make an appeal for charities to help fund the underfunded, and if that doesn't make the "item" whole, then the government would be the last resort for funding.

This would also identify areas where American's are NOT interested in funding at all. These entities could be done away with altogether.

I'm open to tweaks and criticism of this idea, but the government should be the last in line to fund a certain social entity. Let the people decide first, then charities, and after all resources are exhausted, let the government fill the gaps instead of across the board funding for all without input.

The only caveat is defense spending. A certain percentage of your taxes should go to defense; the remainder of the pie to your delegated expenditures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 01:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
It would list the exact amoutn of where your dollars went.Now that would be transparency, I don't see how anyone could object to this.
The federal budget is published ever year.

The*President's*Budget for*Fiscal Year 2012 | The White House

Happy reading

Old 02-03-2012, 01:38 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Happy reading
I'll take that as a resounding NO. The federal budget is not an itemized personal tax bill, which is what thsi thread is about. So far we have 4 no's, one yes with stipulations, and the rest yes.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM

410 posts, read 742,966 times
You've got my vote on this.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
I'll take that as a resounding NO. The federal budget is not an itemized personal tax bill, which is what thsi thread is about. So far we have 4 no's, one yes with stipulations, and the rest yes.
Did you look at the link? It has an exact breakdown of where your tax dollars go.

And if you want an itemized list, do you realize how much extra tax payer money that would cost to do?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
I would love it, yes. I also think we should do away with tax withholding via employers, everyone should have to write a check/make a payment to the fed every month or couple months so they see just how much of their money is actually taken before they ever see it.

If people had to pay their income taxes in cash each month things would change in this country really quickly.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:

Happy reading
Quote:
Did you look at the link? It has an exact breakdown of where your tax dollars go.

And if you want an itemized list, do you realize how much extra tax payer money that would cost to do?

Obama's budget was not passed. It is nothing more than expensive toilet paper.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:

How much can an itemized bill really cost? I doubt itemized bills have bankrupted companies. I don't know about others, but I'd be willing to pay the extra cost, which I'm sure would be neglible.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
I would say yes. I would like to know exactly how much money is spent and where. They could also show us what our percentage of the debt we accumulate each year from the deficits.

*Opens bill*
"Whaaaat!! 5 dollars of my taxes went to help school districts with low income children!!! This is outrageous! I want the president impeached immediately!!"

Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
OMG lol I was just discussing this with family last night....If this was done,their would be riots in the streets!!

I say....no taxes paid till end of year only after the govt..fed/state/local all give the break downs to were OUR OUR OUR OUR OUR money goes and to whom....then you'll see a real revolution for the good come about.
I think things would be a lot different. Although I'm sure some people wouldn't bother to read it or wouldn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies