Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a Republican, Are you worried that the economy is improving?
Yes, I was hoping that the economy would continue to suffer with the hope that it might hurt Obama. 11 45.83%
No, I am happy that things are turning around even if it helps Obama win re-election. 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:38 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

These idiots will believe anything. Never mind that the real unemployment rate is over 11%
Agreed. I can understand people supporting Obama because of issues like the environment or gay rights, but don't try to say he's done a good job with the economy because he has not. We are in an extended depression that will likely continue until we get a President that cares about serving the American people rather than special interest groups i.e. environmentalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 04:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
This poll gives a new meaning to the term "biased"

I love C-D facts, yesterday at 01:01PM it was:

Unemployment INCREASES by 849,000 persons from Dec.2011 to Jan.2012

Then yesterday at 09:12 PM as per the OP the jobless rate hits a three year low...

Ya gotta love this forum...

Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Republicans must be dismayed by this good news. They wanted Obama to fail.

For the Presidential race, they've put all their chips on the economy. If it continues to improve, how in the world will a Republican candidate ever win in November?

Bottom Line - Recovery is gathering speed, jobs data confirm (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/03/10310764-recovery-is-gathering-speed-jobs-data-confirm - broken link)

Bottom Line - Jobless rate drops to lowest level in almost three years (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/03/10309295-jobless-rate-drops-to-lowest-level-in-almost-three-years - broken link)

You need a third choice in the poll:

Intelligent people understand that any economic growth is despite Barack Obama and not because of Barack Obama and know he will lose the election regardless of any econommic growth.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:04 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You don't have to wait until it's 100% complete -- it's time to start weaning people off the government and their dependency. Since there are SO MANY new jobs now, it would be good to cut the food stamp program in half and limit unemployment to 20 weeks or at least get the federal government out of it completely and let the states decide. End TANF, it was never necessary to hand people cash money not to work. Start whittling away at the rest and cut many redundant welfare programs completely.

We could cut 50% from food stamps in 2012, and since we all KNOW Obama is going to keep finding all these new jobs, cut it 50% again in 2013. Keep cutting it in half each year until it's gone.

There is absolutely no excuse to be wasting all the taxpayer money on welfare handout programs with the economy heating up so well.
I'll be happy to support all that the millisecond Romney and all folks like him start paying their fair share in taxes meaning if I have to pay 27%, they can pay 35-40 percent.

We need to cut spending, but we also need to pay the nation's bills. Cutting entitlements alone, isn't sufficient.

The "job creators" haven't created many jobs-only offshore tax heavens.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:10 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Isn't it crazy how they immediately attack the poor while propping up the rich..It's just amazing.
Most of Obama's policies have definitely helped the rich get richer while devaluing the dollar even further.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:15 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,581 times
Economy looks good on paper. this is the result of less people looking for work. Average job applicant rate is 20 or more apps for 1 job

Old 02-04-2012, 06:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
If this recovery is gathering speed then why are food stamps hitting new highs with enrollment each month ?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If you read the particulars about LBJ this might shed some light... There is more.

what caused the financial crisis? the fcic report | theParetoCommons
LBJ????

As in Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36 POTUS, from 1963 to 1969 destroyed the US economy?

Now I've heard it all.

Those of you who think that Obama should have been able to fix the economy instantly by twitching his nose and who bristle at the suggestion that he had a mess to deal with that was years in the making (as in "When is he gonna stop blaming Bush?") really need to step back now.

If LBJ was the one who destroyed the ecomony how is it possible that NO POTUS since then, including a slew of Republicans including Saint Ronnie did not fix LBJ's grievous errors? Did they not have enough time or what?

Give me a break!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Isn't it crazy how they immediately attack the poor while propping up the rich..It's just amazing.
To be honest i think it is the only thing the Wealthy have in America.......
Their Greed and their Elitism............. They have absolutely NO compassion..... NO Christianity.......... NO Work Ethics or Ethics of any kind and absolutely NO idea of how their greed and corruption is destroying the very fabric of America. America was built by the blood swaet and tears of the everyday hard working American who built Industry and worked at ALL levels to make America strong. Today the "Fat Cat's" have a sense of Entitlement and feel that Making Money is all that they need to do for the Country............. WRONG............. That is a big part of why America is in the mess it is in now............... NOT the POOR but the WEALTHY are bleeding America dry.
Jobs are now coming back.... BIG Kudos Mr President as we know how hard the right are blocking every move you make to restore America so that they can get back into the Whitehouse.......... They are true Morons if they think America hasn't figured them out....

Old 02-05-2012, 01:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
What about the option for those who don't believe the economy is improving?
I didn't start the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This poll gives a new meaning to the term "biased"
I didn't start the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You need a third choice in the poll.
I didn't start the poll.

This thread was merged incorrectly with another one, making it look like I started it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies