Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times

Advertisements

Does anyone feel that Caucasians are being discriminated against and why.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:18 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,209 times
Caucasians hold basically every form of power that it's possible to have, so if we are being "discriminated against" we have only ourselves to blame... are minorities still discriminated against? I'm sure they probably are, Affirmative Action shifts the balance some and some find it unfair but if you honestly think that white people have the cards stacked against them/us compared to other races then you need to WAKE UP and think about the way you are thinking that which you are thinking, thinker!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM

512 posts, read 1,564,664 times
Black/White, everybody gets discriminated against from time to time.
Life aint fair, get a helmet.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Yes we get discriminated against. Every race does.

I'm mostly white, but also 1/8 native American, so I occasionally get really pissed at myself for what my people did to my people many moons ago. It makes me dislike the other 7/8 of myself. Then the other 7/8 kicks in and I tell the other 1/8 of me to get over it, it ain't so bad.

Now where did I put my meds at....

Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I know for a fact they do because I applied for a job with CHP with a coworker that was pretty much a clone of me, except he could claim Mexican heritage... He scored 30 points higher than me on the personal assessment and was accepted to the academy, but he's one of the few people that wouldn't accept garbage like that and he told them to screw off because that was a BS discrminatory policy they have..

and the first person that brings up ancestors and ancient history needs to look at a calendar and get over their self guilt.. stupid michael moore disease is rampant in this country

Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,340 times
Are there specific instances where a caucasian has been discriminated against because of the color of their skin. Yes.

Are caucasians some minority in the US that is being discriminated against as a whole class of people? No.

Where do I think people have learned the art of discrimination? Probably from bigoted caucasians who still are wishing for the glory days of the “separate but equal” treatment.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Caucasians hold basically every form of power that it's possible to have, so if we are being "discriminated against" we have only ourselves to blame... are minorities still discriminated against? I'm sure they probably are, Affirmative Action shifts the balance some and some find it unfair but if you honestly think that white people have the cards stacked against them/us compared to other races then you need to WAKE UP and think about the way you are thinking that which you are thinking, thinker!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
overall i strongly agree. unless of course i am a poor white trying to put my kids thru a public school and working for min wage. we are not rich and powerful by genetics, but by class and personal achievement. skin color helps but sometimes it takes just a little bit more to become president.
however, when the words are used "racism and discrimination" trust me they are talking about white guys doing stuff to other people.
unfortunately everything else that happens is excluded. this is not cool.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-04-2007, 02:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
Well, I think that the discrimantion tables get turned and then returned onto everyone.. BUT you have to see that we as white people are the majority, and we have most of the cards in our hands... SO, when we as white people make a better effort to stamp out ALL discrimination within our culture... then an equal playing field is establishable, and the other tables can be turned around.. without negative emotional reactions... If we are the majority.. we need to be the example.. and I really feel that we are not.. so until we can be a good example.. we cannot hope to get anywhere with anyone... because everyone has a discrimination story to tell...

Old 09-04-2007, 02:54 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
then here's a novel idea.. make it freaking illegal to discriminate against EVERYBODY!! I have no idea why that concept is so hard for people to comprehend. Stop worrying about past history, live in the present, and tell people to pull their heads out of their you know whats..

somehow people that are against AA are considred racists by the ignorant and I guess I just don't understand that. These same ignoramuses are the ones that name drop their (fill in a color here) friend, their other (fill in a religion here) friend, and their (fill in yet another diversification here) friend.. it's just nauseating. I have friends and coworkers, and I also have family. None of them ever have a descriptor before their title, unless it's something like that one friend of mine that visited last week, or the real pain in the butt coworker.. People just need to see people as people and get over the rest of the crap. Otherwise this cycle will never end

Old 09-04-2007, 03:03 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
No Whites are not discriminated against. Whites actually have it pretty darn good. You would never know it by all the whining that goes on up in the immigration forum though. Are there racists of other colors too? Sure. Big whoopy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies