Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,766,727 times

Advertisements

when it comes to wealth in relation to taxes paid?

News Headlines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 01:15 AM

7,160 posts, read 4,714,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

News Headlines
Thank you for the link. Found some good ideas.

I am not "far left", but I'm not "far right" either. As far as Mark Zuckerberg goes, he can do whatever is currently legal as long as he remains a private citizen.

Now, the day that Mark Zuckerberg runs for POTUS, and arrogantly tells people who pay 27% in taxes that they're just envious of his wealth when he doesn't pay any, then he'd better buckle down.

You are mixing apples and oranges.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,250,911 times
No.

Mark Zuckerberg--unlike the flip-flopping piece of excrement--never took $50 million in federal government bailouts, and then hypocritically whines about how Obama is turning America into a "nation of handouts".

Once the flip-flopping piece of dung writes a check to the Treasury Department for the $50 million that he took from American taxpayers, then I'll concede that Flip-Flop Romney is a somewhat successful businessman. Until then, he will simply be a failed governor, failed businessman, and failed politician.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Thank you for the link. Found some good ideas.

I am not "far left", but I'm not "far right" either. As far as Mark Zuckerberg goes, he can do whatever is currently legal as long as he remains a private citizen.

Now, the day that Mark Zuckerberg runs for POTUS, and arrogantly tells people who pay 27% in taxes that they're just envious of his wealth when he doesn't pay any, then he'd better buckle down.

You are mixing apples and oranges.
Can Romney not also do what is currently legal or is any candidate for POTUS to be retroactively admonished for doing same?

No, when Zuckerburg uses Facebook to launch major campaign drives and "Facebook Town Halls" for Obama he is more than just a "private citizen". He is a major campaign donor/bundler in the form of an organizer.

Why the double standard?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,179,866 times
Is Zuckerman running for office?
Who knew?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:36 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,538,889 times
I am. Not only due to his tax issues, but also because Facebook has massive privacy issues.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 AM

7,160 posts, read 4,714,185 times
Quote:
Can Romney not also do what is currently legal or is any candidate for POTUS to be retroactively admonished for doing same?

No, when Zuckerburg uses Facebook to launch major campaign drives and "Facebook Town Halls" for Obama he is more than just a "private citizen". He is a major campaign donor/bundler in the form of an organizer.

Why the double standard?
What are you talking about?

What about all the rest of the big wigs donating and raising millions for Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Obama, etc?

According to the Supreme Court it's legal as long as they do not coordinate with the candidate. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it stands.

Why are you picking on Zuckerburg? Are you angry because he's campaigning for Obama? Is that it? Would it be OK with you if he were campaigning for somebody else?

Zuckerburg, and the rest of all the PAC's donors for both parties, etc are private citizens. Not one of them, regardless of party affiliation, is actively seeking a candidacy for POTUS. I only use Facebook to get manufacturers coupons. I don't even know what Zuckerburg looks like. Sheldon Adelson is bankrolling Newt and I don't know what he looks like either. They are private citizens.

When you run for POTUS, the stakes are higher, the expectations/standards are higher and the consequences are higher. Everything is on the table. Your past is scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. Remember the Swift Boat vets?

Romney should have known that before he used the meme of "wealth envy" as a scapegoat to gloss over the fact that he really isn't paying as much in taxes as he'd have us believe. It was insulting, arrogant and deceitful. I work and I pay taxes. Don't tell people who haven't been able to stash money in the Cayman Is. that they're envious of your "wealth". Now he's saying that he wants to protect the middle class. Yeah, right.

I'll stick with Ron Paul, thank you.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:26 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times
Quote:

What about all the rest of the big wigs donating and raising millions for Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Obama, etc?

According to the Supreme Court it's legal as long as they do not coordinate with the candidate. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it stands.

Why are you picking on Zuckerburg? Are you angry because he's campaigning for Obama? Is that it? Would it be OK with you if he were campaigning for somebody else?

Zuckerburg, and the rest of all the PAC's donors for both parties, etc are private citizens. Not one of them, regardless of party affiliation, is actively seeking a candidacy for POTUS. I only use Facebook to get manufacturers coupons. I don't even know what Zuckerburg looks like. Sheldon Adelson is bankrolling Newt and I don't know what he looks like either. They are private citizens.

When you run for POTUS, the stakes are higher, the expectations/standards are higher and the consequences are higher. Everything is on the table. Your past is scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. Remember the Swift Boat vets?

Romney should have known that before he used the meme of "wealth envy" as a scapegoat to gloss over the fact that he really isn't paying as much in taxes as he'd have us believe. It was insulting, arrogant and deceitful. I work and I pay taxes. Don't tell people who haven't been able to stash money in the Cayman Is. that they're envious of your "wealth". Now he's saying that he wants to protect the middle class. Yeah, right.

She missed out on the IPO.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:

Just taking Zuckerburg as an example of a very wealthy individual from the Progressive far left in rgard to income and taxes paid. Not picking on him any more than some have chosen to pick on Romney, just using as a comparison. This is not about who is running for office but about the double standard from those who scream for more taxes on the rich.

Funniest part of your attack on my thread topic is that I am a Ron Paul supporter, not a Romney supporter. Pay attention and focus on the topic.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:51 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,284,315 times
Quote:

News Headlines
Facebook is a useless time waste.

Grow a garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies