Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Its pennies compared to the real estate bubble which was a collaboration between private and public concerns. The good ole SUV canyonero madness was also from a heavy does of private consumemores who were anything but forward thinking. There is no monopoly on stupidity. I guess that is the one market where there will always be new innovation. You think we have exhausted the endless well of stupidity, and then suddenly someone will pull the key stone on the dam for his pet rock collection and more dolts will come a gushing by.

Its a case by case, one by one thing, da guberment and da consumemore.

And so long as we have a Fed and laws specifically aimed to bloat , we don't really have markets so to speak.
Who is to blame for the mortgage interest deduction? Is that a free market?
But pennies add up to dollars and the USG spends lots and lots of pennies.
I'm sure we only see the tip of the iceberg here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,749,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It has to when private enterprise (seen as "charity" by right wingers) choose not to. Learn to accept that reality.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM

865 posts, read 621,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
If the idea is any good, then it behooves them to just steal it, rather than invest with me. So no, that's not a viable option for one of my ideas.

For the other idea, which is a business built around my personal skillset, this might work. I'd basically need to sell myself. The big challenge in that one is not so much capital, as it is clients. It does require some capital, but that's not a huge obstacle.

I agree.

I appreciate the advice; See above, though. I've identified underserved markets, and I'm not going to go around running my mouth, telling people what that is, so they can beat me to it.
What a defeatist attitude. You've been given advice several times in this thread but you keep shooting it down. So either A) you've defeated yourself before you ever tried or B) it's BS.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,158,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
What actually creates jobs, Hanauer says, is not "rich people" or "entrepreneurs," but the economic ecosystem in which companies are created. The entrepreneur and initial investors provide the "seed" that eventually leads to job-creation, but it is ultimately the company's customers that provide the demand necessary to support jobs. Without healthy customers, Hanauer says, entrepreneurs and investors can't create any sustainable jobs, so the idea that rich people create jobs is misguided.

THE BIG LIE:

what you say might or might not be true, but the one thing I do know is, is that goverment shall never provide jobs, especially for the private sector.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:52 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,614,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
What a defeatist attitude. You've been given advice several times in this thread but you keep shooting it down. So either A) you've defeated yourself before you ever tried or B) it's BS.
you're missing the point. this is not about me, this is about the system we have in place of financing startups and small businesses. The fed loans out trillions in totally counterproductive crap, and that capital all seems to stay at the top of the financial system.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM

20,628 posts, read 19,265,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Let me know when it gets to 27 trillion. That is what private banks puked onto our economy from 2001-2008, with Fed help of course.

The Screaming Fundamentals For Owning Gold And Silver - Blogs at Chris Martenson

That's not from the Federal budget. Though running a deficit during the housing bubble was certainly crazy( and now they want to balance it in the collapse. ) That's from the Fed which means ultimately banks. Why do people whine about a $100 tax and say not a word about a $1000 mortgage which is a banker tax of monetary bloat.

I would say brain washing.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Consumer creates demand which creates the need to invest and produce. Only a fool would produce without consumers or need.
Was there a "need" for the ipad? Nope, it was a neat gadget, that's all.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,749,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Was there a "need" for the ipad? Nope, it was a neat gadget, that's all.
Apple won't make it, despite of having the capital, if there were no demand for the product. Creating a demand is not to be understood as lack of demand.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Apple won't make it, despite of having the capital, if there were no demand for the product. Creating a demand is not to be understood as lack of demand.
You can't have it both ways. First you say that the demand has to be there for a product to come out, then you reverse course and say, well....You can "create" a demand first.
Wouldn't ALL products newly released be trying to "create" this demand? If so, without "rich" people's capital there would be no product which would create a demand, right?

Old 02-07-2012, 01:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,918,732 times
To the OP, As you said, rich are the seeds. Try growing stuff in a garden w/o seeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies