Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
If the idea is any good, then it behooves them to just steal it, rather than invest with me. So no, that's not a viable option for one of my ideas.
Ever hear of a non-disclosure agreement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Ever hear of a non-disclosure agreement?
I have; you need lawyers to enforce NDA's. Lawyers I can't afford.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The big lie, "rich people create jobs"....

Of course not! We all know that the poor create the jobs in this country.

Another banal, meaningless post that cannot even make a point.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Here.

Rent Seeking: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Rather than more one line comments that are advertisements of a poster's ignorance, learn and attempt to refute this channel of resource allocation that not only does not create jobs, but may also terminate them. Though it is more accurate to say it is a zero sum game of staking claims on wealth or confiscating it by means of unjustified legalities and market manipulation.

The rich/poor debate is still the wrong debate.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
What actually creates jobs, Hanauer says, is not "rich people" or "entrepreneurs," but the economic ecosystem in which companies are created. The entrepreneur and initial investors provide the "seed" that eventually leads to job-creation, but it is ultimately the company's customers that provide the demand necessary to support jobs. Without healthy customers, Hanauer says, entrepreneurs and investors can't create any sustainable jobs, so the idea that rich people create jobs is misguided.

THE BIG LIE:
The author's conclusion:
And, second, paying middle-class workers more.
Who is going to pay them more? The poor?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Problem with what? There is no problem with that idea. There is an obstacle, and that obstacle is that I haven't found any clients yet. This is proving to be a difficult obstacle to overcome.
Perhaps the demand for your product, service or idea isn't as great as you think it is.

Or, perhaps you are selling yourself to potential clients in the same manner you are selling yourself here....very poorly. Your posts come off as self-defeatist.

Just sayin' - think about it.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
From what I've seen, trickle-down only applies to gravity.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
The author's conclusion:
No, the demand, the jobs... neither of which we saw with rich around in Jan 2001-Jul 2003 and Jan 2008-Feb 2010.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
The author's conclusion:

Themselves ya think?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:53 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Perhaps the demand for your product, service or idea isn't as great as you think it is.
Perhaps. Perhaps the demand is greater than I think it is.

The situation is a lot like the Henry Ford quote: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” What I'd be selling is something that is:

a. Specific to each firm, requiring rather detailed knowledge of how a firm operates, and the data "byproducts" it generates.
b. Something that people don't know can be done at all, and therefore have a hard time paying for.

Quote:
Or, perhaps you are selling yourself to potential clients in the same manner you are selling yourself here....very poorly. Your posts come off as self-defeatist.
Perhaps. Perhaps I don't sell myself or my skills in a way that it at all similar to the things I say on an anonymous political forum. I agree that selling this idea (the service-based idea) requires salesmanship.

The other idea, the product-based idea, should basically sell itself, in small quantities, at high profit margins. At least, that's what I anticipate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies