Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 07:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, for some it indeed was, one serious accident or illness and they were in debt till the end of their lives.
From what I have read, the only regrettable thing about the new system is that it is messy because of all the compromises...
Compromises? When? Where? I guess you don't know that that bill was written behind locked doors in the offices of Dirty Harry Reid with only Democrat Senators, a couple of union heads and some more Obama men in attendance. Why would they need any compromises when there were no Republicans in attendance and no debate was done on the floor. Maybe you should study up on what took place with that writing from somebody a little less left leaning than the left leaners here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its already regulated. Try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
So you don't have an argument. Congratulations.
Actually its currently regulated by the state insurance commissions, present in all 50 states, not by the federal government, so you dont have a clue.

3,423 posts, read 3,213,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
But you haven't answered this question; how can MY decision to NOT purchase health insurance be defined as interstate commerce? If I purchase nothing, what commerce takes place?
If you are going to ignore my responses and repeat questions already answered, there is no point in continuing to respoind to your posts. I've answered your question. Please try going back and reading it.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I can also hire people there for a fraction of what I can here. For example, I sent my programmer in india $75 last week. Whats your point?
The point is that our healthcare costs are far above anyone else's and it need not be.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That is the nuttiest thing I have ever heard. Healthy people who don't use many services are necessary to a universal system, to cover for the people who need a lot of care.
Like we old people? I bet your universal care would have to have to have some panels, like the Medicare panels in every state where they decide how much health care providers can be paid for the old people.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I am not buying anything. What commerce is there for the US government to regulate?
I'll only say this one more time. If you are bent on ignoring my responses, I am not of a mind to continue to respond to yours.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
They didn't survive with thousands dying every year from lack of health cover. America is in BIG trouble because of the extremely bad administration before Obama took office. WELL DONE Mr President for actually trying to get things done for everyday American's.... getting America out of the deep hole that Bush and the Repubican's put America into and doing this despite the constant objections from the FAILED right.
EVERY American should get decent health care...... NOT just the wealthy!
Maybe you need to hide and watch what new things appear in Obamacare like the new bit of crap they stacked on Catholics. As time goes on new bits and pieces that have been there but never seen by anybody other than those who wrote that thing know are there.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Actually its currently regulated by the state insurance commissions, present in all 50 states, not by the federal government, so you dont have a clue.
And by the Federal government as well. And will be regulated further under the new law. Get used to it. Its coming.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
So I see an article about why this expert likes the mandate but I don't see the argument for it being constitutional.
When progressives see stuff like that that they like they think it is the real truth.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Why don't you educate the progressives like me...

Is Access to Health Care a Right?
Do you see those words in the Constitution with the other rights? Since you don't it must not be to anybody who is not a progressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies