Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 AM

1,081 posts, read 913,255 times

Advertisements

Every welfare mom takes advantage of this...5 kids, all have different fathers. Need a few more bucks? Go hang out on the street corner and find another donor. 9 months later the gov is paying out another $500-$800. Happens all the time, folks. Because it's their RIGHT, and its for the GOOD of the children.
It sickens me that I'll soon have to explain to my children that their futures will be paying others to sleep all day and eat for free.
Legalize Prostitution in America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,520,359 times
Not only a bit harsh but also somewhat ignorant.

Let me preface this by saying that yes, there are people who abuse this system. Phew ... got that out of the way.

The majority of women on welfare are white and are using the system for a very short time. They use welfare for what it was intended: a helping hand during a difficult time.

Every woman (temporarily) on welfare I personally know is in that position because their husbands ran off and are not paying child support. And these women work.

Prostitution should be legal and taxed on income. This will take the criminal element out of it and prostitutes can be required to be medically checked regularly.

Incidentally, there are many women out there who stay unhappily married in exchange for a roof over their heads, food and clothing.

I would consider that a form of prostitution as well. They receive something in exchange for their services.

Perhaps you should be telling your kids about these issues.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:47 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,734,636 times
What you've posted as thread header, and in body, and this link... all have nothing to do with one another. I'm against prostitution. I'm against the government prostituting itself to lobbyists. I prefer everyone make an honest living.

The article in that link didn't take a look at the buyers remorse end of regions in europe who agreed to legalize prostitution. They're changing direction as we speak because once it was legalized it became the dinner bell for human trafficking.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM

Well I don't know why you brought up the race thing, probably an automatic response. Not trying to argue who's on welfare or why, other than these people are rewarded for having as many kids as possible, the gov encourages it, so we might as well have legalized prostitution while we're at it.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
What you've posted as thread header, and in body, and this link... all have nothing to do with one another. I'm against prostitution. I'm against the government prostituting itself to lobbyists. I prefer everyone make an honest living.

The article in that link didn't take a look at the buyers remorse end of regions in europe who agreed to legalize prostitution. They're changing direction as we speak because once it was legalized it became the dinner bell for human trafficking.
Really? I am from the Netherlands where prostitution has been legal for a long time. Not only are the red light districts one of the safest areas to walk around in, the prostitutes have their own union and political party.

You have a link to back up your statement?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 AM

I've visited more than a few countries with legalized prostitution, all the old reasons for not legalizing it are false.
Its almost always women that fly off the handle at the mere mention of prostitution, for one of two reasons I think.
Either they feel threatened, or they know they'd starve as a prostitute.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Well I don't know why you brought up the race thing, probably an automatic response. Not trying to argue who's on welfare or why, other than these people are rewarded for having as many kids as possible, the gov encourages it, so we might as well have legalized prostitution while we're at it.
Didn't bring the "race thing" into it; I was citing statistics.

"These people"? Really? Every single woman on welfare are trying to have as many kids as possible? You really ought not generalize.

And if you don't like prostitution, don't take part in it.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I've visited more than a few countries with legalized prostitution, all the old reasons for not legalizing it are false.
Its almost always women that fly off the handle at the mere mention of prostitution, for one of two reasons I think.
Either they feel threatened, or they know they'd starve as a prostitute.
Or a third: they are worried about their husbands going to one. As if it being illegal would prevent them.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times
The government is probably trying to figure out how to make a buck off of legalizing drugs first.
Once that is done then they can work on legalizing prostitution and how to make a buck off that.

I don't doubt that one day it will be legal. They just have to get fees, permits, etc. in place first.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,876,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The government is probably trying to figure out how to make a buck off of legalizing drugs first.
Once that is done then they can work on legalizing prostitution and how to make a buck off that.

I don't doubt that one day it will be legal. They just have to get fees, permits, etc. in place first.
This might be the next break for unions follow the money. I wouldn't have guessed in other countries they have a union and their own political party.

Prostitutes in America are falling behind, I guess.
Not sure how this would advance women in life or is this another women have rights to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies