Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
I agree he was a racist troll.

But I do not agree that BBC had the right to confront him and put him on TV. As ugly as his opinions were, he had a right to them. It is called Free Speech.
Obviously they do things much different in Wales. I don't know what Free Speech means in Britain so it's not for me to say they had no right to confront him.

That said, i make it a rule to NEVER say things on an internet forum that i wouldn't say to someone in their face. It's glaringly obvious from being on C-D for two seconds that half the folks on here don't live by that rule.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,212,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously they do things much different in Wales. I don't know what Free Speech means in Britain so it's not for me to say they had no right to confront him.

That said, i make it a rule to NEVER say things on an internet forum that i wouldn't say to someone in their face. It's glaringly obvious from being on C-D for two seconds that half the folks on here don't live by that rule.
I think a good rule to follow is never do anything that would be ashamed to admit

Old 02-09-2012, 03:26 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,201,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No need to "track" this troll. In fact, I would be glad to invite you over in Dallas area for a public, televised debate. You're sure to provide plenty of amusement.

Although, something like this is hard to beat... Tracking down the politicians
So you think it is OK that the reporter in this video tracked down and confronted a troll. So do you think its OK for this reporter to track you down since you admit to be a troll?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,901,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
The guy is a major douche. I especially loathe people who troll RIP posts and articles about people who died. There is a special place in hell for them.

That said, I do find the fact that they tracked this guy down really creepy.
I agree. Yes, he is an angry and mean racist. But, I do not agree with tracking him down. Apparently racist remarks are illegal in the UK, so I guess they justify it with that. But, if there's one supreme evil to me, it's thought police. I don't have to agree with what is being said to support the right to say it.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,093,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I agree. Yes, he is an angry and mean racist. But, I do not agree with tracking him down. Apparently racist remarks are illegal in the UK, so I guess they justify it with that. But, if there's one supreme evil to me, it's thought police. I don't have to agree with what is being said to support the right to say it.
It was a reporter who tracked him down, not the thought police. Again (as someone said before), don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say in person.

I think some people here are surprised that what you say and do on the internet can be tracked and identified back to you. Hopefully that will put the fear of God into some of CD's less enlightened posters, looking mostly at the hard core right wingers.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,616,278 times
Good example of how other countries don't have as much respect for freedom of speech as we do. I'm proud of the U.S. for many reasons, but this is one area where I'm especially proud.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 AM

840 posts, read 779,651 times
Harassing a father out with his baby...how mature of them.I forgot free speech isn't allowed in England anymore.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,048,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
That is awesome. We need a CD troll tracking task force so people can stop cowering behind anonymity.
THAT would be awesome

Cartman - Hall Monitor The Dawg [Official] - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies