Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You and many others I didn't even know this. The boy scouts I've been involved with were far from Nazi children, they just had fun racing their Pinewood Derby cars they made during the year.

Your not a sniper!! Or are you??
No, not a sniper, not a bad shot though.

I wouldn't be one if it meant adopting the ss logo. Those soldiers show a lack of respect imho. But hey, it looks cool (not), and isn't that all that matters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 12:34 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You and many others I didn't even know this. The boy scouts I've been involved with were far from Nazi children, they just had fun racing their Pinewood Derby cars they made during the year.

Your not a sniper!! Or are you??
Boys Scouts was so much fun... for my Eagle project I built a Pinewood Derby track (that was a LOT of work). I couldn't get the electronics completed (I could do it today in just a few hours, instead of soldering in each transistor ) We had a lot of fun camping, going to Jamborees, earning merit badges.... The point of BS was to make well-rounded healthy boys, with values and morals that would help the community/country. Not exactly 'paramilitary' like the Hitler youth.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:00 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Not necessarily. Many of today's high school graduates have no idea who were our friends and enemies in world war 2 nor when was world war 2. While in the Navy in the 1990s, I served with some young sailors who did not know that Ukraine was once a part of the USSR.

From a military blog about ex-Nazi soldiers serving in the US military:

"After I returned from my second tour in Vietnam, I was stationed at Fort Ord, California. I was the NCOIC of the G-3 Testing Unit which was composed of thirty senior NCOs who were recuperating from wounds received in RVN. One day, the company commander decided to hold a full field inspection of the company.
The usual Full Field inspection has all weapons and field equipment on display with the soldier in his Class A uniform. Our section was different from the rest of the company because the NCOs assigned had not been issued weapons or field equipment. They turned out in their Class A uniforms with the Combat Infantry Badge and Jump Wings (if issued). The company commander (Transportation Corps) approached the section and I called them to attention. The C.O. took one look at the assembled NCOs and informed me that the NCOs were all out of uniform because they weren't wearing their ribbons on their uniforms. He ordered that the section reassemble at 1900 hours with all authorized awards and decorations in place. I asked if he wanted foreign awards, too ans the C.O. replied, "I want them wearing every F__king medal they've ever been awarded by any F__king country in the world".
At 1900 hours, the C.O. arrived, I called the section to attention and open ranks march. The C.O. then approached the first rank and was confronted by two NCOs wearing the Medal of Honor on blue ribbons around their necks and one sergeant with the Iron Cross First Class on a Red, White and Black ribbon around his neck. The C.O. saluted all three men and turned to me expressing his regrets at disturbing the group on NCOs and ordering that my section was excused from standing inspections and formations as long as he was company commander. "

Old 02-10-2012, 01:00 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn't stand in front of a filthy SS flag for a team photo shot.

I guess common sense isn't that common.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok,
I will start building the fire in the outdoor pit to burn all my Kiss albums, throw out my wooden model of a Japanese Zero (which btw is right next to a P-51D model). The Japanese flag goes, the Jolly Roger goes, and if we are talking revolutionary flags, my replica of the 13-star flag goes....
(and after what we did to Japanese-American citizens during WWII, my 48-star US flag goes too).
My VW emblem goes. I will never drive on the autobahn).
Now for the genocides: flags from the following countries will get thrown out or burned: Spain, Argentina, Australia, France, Philippines, Ireland, a whole bunch of Russian/Soviet Union states, Qing Empire, Congo, Turkey, Armenia, Assyria, Greece, Germany, Croatia, Dominican Republic, India, China, Tibet, Zanzibar, Guatemala, Pakistan, Burundi, Rwanda, North Korea, Equitorial Guinea, Cambodia, East Timor, Argentina, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Vietnam (well, the US did it), Ethiopia, Iraq, Brazil, Congo, Somalia, Azerbaijan, Sudan, and another dozen or so I left out.

Geez, I am going to run out of countries. Germany wasn't the worst perpetrator. I think China gets the honors.

Quote:"I guess common sense isn't that common."

"He who lives in the past has no future, and is already dead."

Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
From a military blog about ex-Nazi soldiers serving in the US military:

"After I returned from my second tour in Vietnam, I was stationed at Fort Ord, California. I was the NCOIC of the G-3 Testing Unit which was composed of thirty senior NCOs who were recuperating from wounds received in RVN. One day, the company commander decided to hold a full field inspection of the company.
The usual Full Field inspection has all weapons and field equipment on display with the soldier in his Class A uniform. Our section was different from the rest of the company because the NCOs assigned had not been issued weapons or field equipment. They turned out in their Class A uniforms with the Combat Infantry Badge and Jump Wings (if issued). The company commander (Transportation Corps) approached the section and I called them to attention. The C.O. took one look at the assembled NCOs and informed me that the NCOs were all out of uniform because they weren't wearing their ribbons on their uniforms. He ordered that the section reassemble at 1900 hours with all authorized awards and decorations in place. I asked if he wanted foreign awards, too ans the C.O. replied, "I want them wearing every F__king medal they've ever been awarded by any F__king country in the world".
At 1900 hours, the C.O. arrived, I called the section to attention and open ranks march. The C.O. then approached the first rank and was confronted by two NCOs wearing the Medal of Honor on blue ribbons around their necks and one sergeant with the Iron Cross First Class on a Red, White and Black ribbon around his neck. The C.O. saluted all three men and turned to me expressing his regrets at disturbing the group on NCOs and ordering that my section was excused from standing inspections and formations as long as he was company commander. "

And this post means what....exactly?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:34 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

And this post means what....exactly?

Means somebody's telling tall tales. The Iron Cross, First Class, is worn on the left pocket.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok,
I will start building the fire in the outdoor pit to burn all my Kiss albums, throw out my wooden model of a Japanese Zero (which btw is right next to a P-51D model). The Japanese flag goes, the Jolly Roger goes, and if we are talking revolutionary flags, my replica of the 13-star flag goes....
(and after what we did to Japanese-American citizens during WWII, my 48-star US flag goes too).
My VW emblem goes. I will never drive on the autobahn).
Now for the genocides: flags from the following countries will get thrown out or burned: Spain, Argentina, Australia, France, Philippines, Ireland, a whole bunch of Russian/Soviet Union states, Qing Empire, Congo, Turkey, Armenia, Assyria, Greece, Germany, Croatia, Dominican Republic, India, China, Tibet, Zanzibar, Guatemala, Pakistan, Burundi, Rwanda, North Korea, Equitorial Guinea, Cambodia, East Timor, Argentina, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Vietnam (well, the US did it), Ethiopia, Iraq, Brazil, Congo, Somalia, Azerbaijan, Sudan, and another dozen or so I left out.

Geez, I am going to run out of countries. Germany wasn't the worst perpetrator. I think China gets the honors.

Quote:"I guess common sense isn't that common."

"He who lives in the past has no future, and is already dead."
You can do all those things if you want to, but I'm just sticking with the thread for now. Does using the ss logo as a brand, show bad judgement, and a lack of respect. Yes I believe it does.

"He/she who uses the ss logo as their logo is disrespectful" (Joe90)

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" (someone else)

Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,654 times
Team Obama and MSNBC shud investigate Marines driving chevy's with SS emblems.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/ss_impala_rear_panel_63emblem.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No worse than a Confederate Flag, their supervisors need to be slapped around

Why don't you two go and try to slap them around. Let me know when you do it so I can see you get your a$$ kicked.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:44 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,654 times
Liberals should not be concerned the Marine snipers using a scout sniper logo. The Marines took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies...foreign and domestic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies