Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
First of all, define liberal. Because if your working definition of 'liberal' is everyone who fails to agree with your personal world view, it is not liberals, nor the rest of us in the broad spectrum of gray, who have defect. It is the beam in your own eye you are worshipping at the expense of all else.

What 'agenda' would you be refering to? We don't get to credibly claim ourselves a free country if any citizen is being impeded legislatively from appreciably sweeping their own porch. What are the motives these other individuals are animating with legislation pens? Slavery? Oppression? Communism? Corrupting religion through nepotism schemes favoring males at the expense of females and children? Meritocracy out the window?

WHO would author policy in the military treating married pregnant women as 'diseased' or malingering? Faux conservatives.

Who would make their living ploying liquor and peddling their daughters sexually? They vote republican.

Who forces abortion in a slave camp importing labor from abroad to the marrianna Islands? Neo cons. See Tom Delay's resume? And republican constituents applaud loudly as he dances with the stars. There it is. Evil is evil.

The liberal bashing? I'm not liberal. I'm not conservative either. I'm centrist. When libs bash cons wrongfully I've defended the integrity of conservative principles. When atheists bash religious I've defended the integrity and right to exist of religious. When religious bash atheists I've defended the integrity and right to exist of atheists. The fact that any of these individuals would annimate themselves in a way that negatively competes or declares a mission that another may not exist makes them unworthy of the civilization they claim to be in defense of. I don't have to be Amish to defend their right to exist or keep them in mind as I craft universally applied legislation. Whatever I'm attempting to solve shouldn't involve creating another disease born on their backs.

This nation was founded on both liberal and conservative principles. Failure to uphold either of those (true) principles is a failure of proper stewardship and failure of proper citizenship. Conservatives failing to be conservatives is not the fault of liberals. It's the solemn duty willfully neglected by conservatives.

Kill your Mom, you fail. Kill your Dad, you fail. Denigrate Jews as a contrived means to promote Christianity, the true meaning of Christianity is undermined from within. Vampires are incompatible with civilization & antithetical to life itself. The false dichotomy and divisive political war games exercises using the masses as collateral damage to service the ambitions of evil doers must end.
Well said and the one thing that jumped off the page was the reference to Tom Delay. His action represent a glaring example of right wing "family values" Christian "pro-life" hypocrisy. Only on an unevolved planet would a sick soul such as Delay, be celebrated and cheered for on a nationally televised venue. What a sorry state of affairs...on so many levels.

Abramoff hired long-time associate and former-executive director of the Christian Coalition Ralph Reed to send out mass mailings to Alabama Christians telling them to call their Congressmen to tell them to vote against the Northern Marianas bill. “The radical left, the Big Labor Union Bosses, and Bill Clinton want to pass a law preventing Chinese from coming to work on the Marianas Islands,” the mailer from Reed’s firm said, where, it added, the Chinese workers, “are exposed to the teachings of Jesus Christ.”

So Christians were enlisted to protect slavery and forced abortions.

And DeLay did all he could to promote the Marianas as a free market utopia and scuttle the bill to bring regulation to the islands. And succeeded. These brutal sweatshops are still very much in place in the Northern Marianas islands.

Bush Government Supporting Slavery And Forced Abortions | Nick's Crusade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 02:44 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well said and the one thing that jumped off the page was the reference to Tom Delay. His action represent a glaring example of right wing "family values" Christian "pro-life" hypocrisy. Only on an unevolved planet would a sick soul such as Delay, be celebrated and cheered for on a nationally televised venue. What a sorry state of affairs...on so many levels.
My TV isn't on. Serendipity I was visiting shut in elderly who had that program going during my visit. I'm glad to see I'm not missing anything worthy of attention beyond pointing at evil in plain sight. I'm reminded of the tacky defense of social conservatives 'you made me look bad!' which is telling me just how vapid their values truly are. So long as you've got an ivory girl look about you, they'd elect a female Mao because they're incapable of seeing the darkness of people. Their own prejudices against women (and themselves) has rendered them utter fools trading their heritage for a pile of magic beans.

What's more repugnant is seeing Delay's sentence watered down to a slap on the wrist by the good old boy network. Texas needs to clean it's own porch big time. It's long past time Texas women find a spine and quit being doormats. Same for Kansas.

I think the lines have to be drawn in clear distinction for feminism. Those living vicariously on the work of feminists but scamming their way in life avoiding responsibility need their citizenship revoked. It's a similar challenge for any religious charity or charitable minded govt policy finding itself abused. The abuse needs to be put in it's place.

Quote:
[i]Abramoff hired long-time associate and former-executive director of the Christian Coalition Ralph Reed to send out mass mailings to Alabama Christians telling them to call their Congressmen to tell them to vote against the Northern Marianas bill. “The radical left, the Big Labor Union Bosses, and Bill Clinton want to pass a law preventing Chinese from coming to work on the Marianas Islands,” the mailer from Reed’s firm said, where, it added, the Chinese workers, “are exposed to the teachings of Jesus Christ.”

So Christians were enlisted to protect slavery and forced abortions.
This is deeply insulting to me as a Christian. Same when lunatics beat the daylights out of gays and the last thing out of their mouths is leviticus or Mark David Chapman uses the Bible to rationalize murder. They're using the Bible for evil. Chinese exposed to Christianity in these circumstances are being appreciably taught that Christianity is intrinsically evil. Same thing in African villages witnessing the horror show of Evangelicals "suffering not a witch to live". Same thing with ham handed authoritarian parents 'ministering' religious instruction with violence. Evil beyond belief. Atheists who became that way on the basis of aversion heaped upon them have a good deal in common with 'recovering pentacostals'. Real website. Google and weep.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
This is a big overstep by the gov. And the "compromise" is a load of crap. We, Catholics are, and have a right to be, very upset.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
This is a big overstep by the gov. And the "compromise" is a load of crap. We, Catholics are, and have a right to be, very upset.
You are presuming to speak for all Catholics?
Really?
How arrogant.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
You have the right to be upset at free society and refrain from taking possession of what goes on within the Church walls? Your boundary issues are hanging out, dear. Catholicism does NOT 'own' governance beyond Vatican city state, nor does it 'own' our maker. The Holy See needs to repent for his hubris and his failure to teach the flock. I will wait for him to self correct.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You are presuming to speak for all Catholics?
Really?
How arrogant.
I believe that's a Glen Beck (c)atholic that hasn't gotten around to reading the catechism yet. Don't miss out on those WE are ALL Catholic threads.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I believe that's a Glen Beck (c)atholic that hasn't gotten around to reading the catechism yet. Don't miss out on those WE are ALL Catholic threads.
That particular poster is not of voting age yet.
I've been reading those threads with great interest, and not some some small amusement.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That particular poster is not of voting age yet.
I've been reading those threads with great interest, and not some some small amusement.
Reflecting on the misuse of labels- not to cut good intentions down but... Pope John Paul had announced himself to be the feminist Pope. Could he truly be if he had merely scratched at surfaces (reflected in encyclicals)? Note the hysterical responses from male clergy? Really. What is there to say about that other than we've got a loonnnnggg way to go? Listening to these hysterical responses I responded myself-- "Is this a religion of men worshiping themselves"? That comment freaked out a lot of folks in the Catholic forum too. Good thing permission to exist doesn't depend on them, or the Vatican. Yet.

I don't condone the actions of the woman in the pews who hurled herself at the Pope on his way to the altar, however, I understand why she would snap. I didn't care for Sinead O'Connors public disrespect, but I understand why. I'm empathetic with sincere clergy feeling unappreciated and dispirited seeing protestors outside the Vatican over point issues. However, they need to get honest about themselves and understand why.

Nomans land sucketh only when free will is overridden by 3rd parties. Maybe the only thing worth pushing forth in the Church is that the words "female/ woman/ mother/ daughter/ sister" be stricken from their speech/ encyclicals/ catechism. Also prohibit the term "she" when referencing the Church. Get a sharpie and start crossing it all out from their literature and biblical reference. Sufficiently 'exterminated' from consideration conservatives might pay closer attention to their own words and deeds.

Maybe the better way to equal rights in America is to declare ourselves 100% immunity from any and all law since we cannot be legally responsible for ourselves in "free society" if not legally acknowledged in the constitution. Squatters rights rules and live DOWN to the privileged class we <allegedly> ever were throughout recorded history. Just commandeer things by virtue of gender immunity. I got dibs on the womens museum & Vanderbuilt mansion as a summer home. We can take our magic erasers ridding ourselves of state lines and draw up timeshare maps of the whole country.

Yes, Ma'am I most certainly DO have evil thoughts. The old saw 'the devil made me do it' means exactly what when the Vatican made me do it?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Again, someone not paying attention. Did you see the panel of holy men speaking to congress today ....check out that....if you think there is no "war on women"......not a single woman there....not even a minister!
Your confusing someone's personal opinion and religious beliefs as to how they would be President.

Just like people tell Christians, Christmas is not being taken away from us. Abortion and BC is not being taken away from women. Santorum expressed his personal viewpoint he's not out to take your "Women Rights" away.

Matter of fact he has voted on BC......Santorum clarifies birth control stance – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
"I have voted in the past for funding for it for poor women," he added. "As I said before, I believe that the better alternative is for abstinence education – for federal funds to be used for that, not for birth control but I voted for it."

Guess scare tactics work when people can't go on truth.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
And DeLay did all he could to promote the Marianas as a free market utopia and scuttle the bill to bring regulation to the islands. And succeeded. These brutal sweatshops are still very much in place in the Northern Marianas islands.

Bush Government Supporting Slavery And Forced Abortions | Nick's Crusade
Some people just love one side and run with it like wildfire!!

Guilt By Association By Association By Association | Power Line

DeLay disputes charges of abuse in Saipan (http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=619d24435d0c3d0e - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies