Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
No one says you must pay her, but it certainly should be a conversation point... just because it is talked about doesn't mean it is adopted, or ruled out, just discussed... There isn't enough communication going on in this household. After seeing his tirade, I think I can guess why.

I would think he is embarrassed to let people know what he is like. Maybe he doesn't have enough sense to realize ...
Maybe some do not have the sense to realize that they are not the supreme authority on internet psychology.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 09:41 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yep, shocks like that are real constructive. I real character building moment. That dad has damaged his kid forever.

Here is a poem that seems appropriate.

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.

If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.

If a child lives with fear, he learns to be apprehensive.

If a child lives with pity, he learns to feel sorry for himself.

If a child lives with jealousy, he learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with encouragement, he learns to be self-confident.

If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.

If a child lives with praise, he learns to be appreciative.

If a child lives with acceptance, he learns to love.

If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.

If a child lives with recognition, he learns to have a goal.

If a child lives with fairness, he learns what justice is.

If a child lives with honesty, he learns what truth is.

If a child lives with sincerity, he learns to have faith in himself and those around him.

If a child lives with love, he learns that the world is a wonderful place to live in.
...sure doesn't rhyme......

Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
Quote:
Yep, shocks like that are real constructive. I real character building moment. That dad has damaged his kid forever.

If a child lives with sincerity, he learns to have faith in himself and those around him.

If a child lives with love, he learns that the world is a wonderful place to live in.
What a pathetic load of touchy feely crap - obviously written by somebody who did not raise three teenagers.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:

oh waa.

Constructive criticism helps one do better.

Hostility is sometimes the ONLY way to deal with a hostile situation. Unless someone learns how to be hostile, then they cannot deal with a situation that requires it.

Fear is good. It can help keep you alive. Learning how to deal with fear can also keep you alive. I had a gun placed in my ear in 1979, and cocked. I can truly tell you that having learned how handle fear and not let it handle me in the years previous, kept me alive that night, and help me put a maniac in jail for many years.

Just because you perceive something to be a negative, doesn't make it a negative. How one learns to deal with it is the big thing.

You need a bit of everything in life to become a more rounded person. If you don't learn to accept criticism, what happens? If you don't learn how to accept jealousy and move on, what happens when someone makes a pass at your first girlfriend? Hostility, Seal team 6 is a great example of controlled hostility, same with Army rangers, Spec Forces, Marines, heck even fighter pilots.. Hostility has a place in life, whether you like it or not.... Fear = fight or flight response, do you freeze, what happens? If you can't deal with fear, someone could die, because you freak and can't deal with an emergency of some sort.

So take that whiny diatribe and burn it, because if you don't learn to deal with all aspects of life when growing up, how are you going to deal when it's required of you?

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-12-2012 at 10:06 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
yep, your well rounded personality is evident. Enjoy your hate feast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
oh waa.

Constructive criticism help one do better.

Hostility is sometimes the ONLY way to deal with a hostile situation. Unless someone learns how to be hostile, then they cannot deal with a situation that requires it.

Fear is good. It can help keep you alive. Learning how to deal with fear can also keep you alive. I had a gun placed in my ear in 1979, and cocked. I can truly tell you that having learned how handle fear and not let it handle me in the years previous, kept me alive that night, and help me put a maniac in jail for many years.

Just because you perceive something to be a negative, doesn't make it a negative. How one learns to deal with it is the big thing.

You need a bit of everything in life to become a more rounded person. If you don't learn to accept criticism, what happens? If you don't learn how to accept jealousy and move on, what happens when someone makes a pass at your first girlfriend? Hostility, Seal team 6 is a great example of controlled hostility, same with Army rangers, Spec Forces, Marines, heck even fighter pilots.. Hostility has a place in life, whether you like it or not.... Fear = fight or flight response, do you freeze, what happens? If you can't deal with fear, someone could die, because you freak and can't deal with an emergency of some sort.

So take that whiny diatribe and burn it, because if you don't learn to deal with all aspects of life when growing up, how are you going to deal when it's required of you?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
yep, your well rounded personality is evident. Enjoy your hate feast.
MY well rounded personality served this country well and helped protect it during my 10 years of Submarine Service.

MY well rounded personality received a letter of commendation from Vice Admiral Vogt for my actions in the fire that destroyed the 4th floor of the principal supply building at NSSF New London, reporting the fire, securing the computer system and getting 11 sleeping people out of the building along with myself and the personnel I was responsible for.

MY well rounded personality helped secure my next door neighbor's home, and hold an intruder till the police came and arrested them.

MY well rounded personality helped raise 2 children, who aren't in jail, and don't use drugs.

What you call a hate feast, is nothing more than reality. If you cannot learn to handle the negatives in life, you cannot appreciate the positive, and in many cases, will not be able deal with life's negatives.

Negative and positive creates a balance.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
MY well rounded personality served this country well and helped protect it during my 10 years of Submarine Service.

MY well rounded personality received a letter of commendation from Vice Admiral Vogt for my actions in the fire that destroyed the 4th floor of the principal supply building at NSSF New London, reporting the fire, securing the computer system and getting 11 sleeping people out of the building along with myself and the personnel I was responsible for.

MY well rounded personality helped secure my next door neighbor's home, and hold an intruder till the police came and arrested them.

MY well rounded personality helped raise 2 children, who aren't in jail, and don't use drugs.

What you call a hate feast, is nothing more than reality. If you cannot learn to handle the negatives in life, you cannot appreciate the positive, and in many cases, will not be able deal with life's negatives.

Negative and positive creates a balance.
Was that reality when he shot the laptop?
Is that how conflicts are managed in the real world?

If anything, as I have gotten older I've learnt what an awesome job my dad did. He has 5 kids. No druggies, no jail. He also has 5 kids that will go to him when they've got a problem. This guy's daughter won't if he carries on with this sort of stuff.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Was that reality when he shot the laptop?
Is that how conflicts are managed in the real world?

If anything, as I have gotten older I've learnt what an awesome job my dad did. He has 5 kids. No druggies, no jail. He also has 5 kids that will go to him when they've got a problem. This guy's daughter won't if he carries on with this sort of stuff.
It was reality when he shot that laptop, and as for what the daughter will or won't do, you have no clue.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
It was reality when he shot that laptop, and as for what the daughter will or won't do, you have no clue.
Too much, too young, too fast! I bet she hates him now. YMMV

AIRBOURNE - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast - YouTube

Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
hmm. Reality is, many people have resolved conflicts with their children, without the need to shoot things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies