Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Try a different parenting technique??? Whatever he has been doing aint working. I doubt this will.
maybe he has tried em all.............his 16 year old is not yours........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 AM

Quote:
She's learning her father is a crazy SOB, if she didn't already know it.

I wouldn't blame her if she high tailed it out of there when she turns 18 and never looks back
Ya.. then she can have her picture posted on the wall at wal-mart too..........

Old 02-13-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
My kid is going to learn all those things way before they turn 16, and no gun will be needed to teach that lesson.
walk in those shoes before you cast stones.........

Old 02-13-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
People don't understand that when a firearm is brought into the situtation certain laws change. Had he burned it or whacked it with a shovel, it would be different. Not that it was right, but different. That firearm is for defensive purposes only. Then and only then should one be used. That is the way all of the gun guys, including myself have been trained and taught. If that gun is presented, it's gonna take a life. We DON'T MISS! Thus we don't abuse it in any way. That's power and discipline.
This from the guy who shoots 300 rounds a night to ........what??? Use it for "defense"...........Hell.. the army didn't let me shoot that many to qualify expert............

Old 02-13-2012, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
oh waa.

Constructive criticism helps one do better.

Hostility is sometimes the ONLY way to deal with a hostile situation. Unless someone learns how to be hostile, then they cannot deal with a situation that requires it.

Fear is good. It can help keep you alive. Learning how to deal with fear can also keep you alive. I had a gun placed in my ear in 1979, and cocked. I can truly tell you that having learned how handle fear and not let it handle me in the years previous, kept me alive that night, and help me put a maniac in jail for many years.

Just because you perceive something to be a negative, doesn't make it a negative. How one learns to deal with it is the big thing.

You need a bit of everything in life to become a more rounded person. If you don't learn to accept criticism, what happens? If you don't learn how to accept jealousy and move on, what happens when someone makes a pass at your first girlfriend? Hostility, Seal team 6 is a great example of controlled hostility, same with Army rangers, Spec Forces, Marines, heck even fighter pilots.. Hostility has a place in life, whether you like it or not.... Fear = fight or flight response, do you freeze, what happens? If you can't deal with fear, someone could die, because you freak and can't deal with an emergency of some sort.

So take that whiny diatribe and burn it, because if you don't learn to deal with all aspects of life when growing up, how are you going to deal when it's required of you?
good points.More reality here than any 20 touchy feely poems........

Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 AM

779 posts, read 537,171 times
Yeah, because a teen girl acting up on Facebook is a "hostile situation".

*Snap out of it soldier, you're not in Afghanistan/Iraq anymore*

Grown men, who claim to be gun-toting bad-azzes, pretending to be afraid of an unarmed teen girl...

Can this discussion become more absurd?

Old 02-13-2012, 04:28 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Yeah, because a teen girl acting up on Facebook is a "hostile situation".

Grown men, who claim to be gun-toting bad-azzes, pretending to be afraid of an unarmed teen girl...

Can this discussion become more absurd?
I'd like to see the thread end on this note....excellent post. But, of course, it's a rational perspective that will be lost on those still living in a long lost Gunsmoke episode.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 AM

779 posts, read 537,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'd like to see the thread end on this note....excellent post. But, of course, it's a rational perspective that will be lost on those still living in a long lost Gunsmoke episode.
It just goes to show that some people will use any excuse to commit a violent act.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:21 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
[quote=Just a Bill;22959304]Yeah, because a teen girl acting up on Facebook is a "hostile situation".

Can this discussion become more absurd?[/quote]

....it just did.....

Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Using a GUN to discipline an unruly and uncooperative teen is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! This amounts to assault with a deadly weapon. This guy should be arrested and charged. There is nothing a child can do which deserves this level of violence. I sympathize with the girl and condemn her fool father.

Among other things actions as absurd as these give the gun grabbers reason for their absurdities. We do not want to give our enemies any more reasons to make guns illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies