Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,170,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Because they are near the top of the bell curve, maybe?????

It is easy to recite success stories when you are gifted. The success stories from the other end of the bell curve are rare. Fact is, average in America, the bulk of the curve, sees little success. Success begins with ability and is only possible with the right combination of education, opportunity, natural skills, natural intuition, determination and luck. Luck is often the most important factor.

Problem is most people don't have a highly tuned mind.
You can have all of that and more and still be nothing! That poor kid behind the counter at Autozone is WAY smarter than the suit who is too dumb to install a battery or wiperblades himself...so he bugs the kids and demands he do it in the parking lot for FREE! Not only is the suit dumber than a box a rocks with no lick of common sense, he's a freakin' tightwad too!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Citizens United, good or bad? If buying elections is bad why do we allow a tiny, uber wealthy, minority to select who we are permitted to see on the ballot?
We should have more choice and free range to choose. You can't turn a turd into a diamond!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Because they are near the top of the bell curve, maybe?????

It is easy to recite success stories when you are gifted. The success stories from the other end of the bell curve are rare. Fact is, average in America, the bulk of the curve, sees little success. Success begins with ability and is only possible with the right combination of education, opportunity, natural skills, natural intuition, determination and luck. Luck is often the most important factor.

Problem is most people don't have a highly tuned mind.
Most people are bright enough to drive a truck or become a plumber.

I must agree that it is a run of bad luck responsible for me earning less than Snooki.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Ask the wooly mammoth how the Indians treated them. Oh...nevermind...ain't none left.
WOW...they would be fun to hunt...................wait....... ...I wasn't supposed to say that out loud was I

Old 02-12-2012, 09:51 AM

576 posts, read 585,935 times
I read posts from liberals all the time that say the gap between rich and poor is higher now than ever. That the tax rate for the rich is at an all time low and how we should go back to how things were.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:54 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
How about not going back that far,just pre Reagan era where one income families could make a decent living

You should really consider changing your username if these are the type threads you are going to start.
We can't afford Reagan policies anymore. He tripled the national debt, so that kind of stuff is pretty much out of the question.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Most people are bright enough to drive a truck or become a plumber.

I must agree that it is a run of bad luck responsible for me earning less than Snooki.
You never worked as one or you wouldn't say that.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 AM

If it's so easy, why do you have trouble backing out of a parking space at the mall? Try it with a 53' 102" behind you and thirteen gears to shift.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
You never worked as one or you wouldn't say that.
I've supervised drivers and was a plant maintenance man, responsible for plumbing among other things.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
No, what we have is a whole generation of spineless kids and fratboys with more make up than my Sister. A 75 year old man could knock them out and beat their a**! lol Don't bother to talk to them about it. They never had their hands all cut to shreads. They never had to powder their nuts down with corn starch in the summer, in the factory. They come out feeling entitled and spoiled. They don't have any balls. In a few years their in an exclusive subdivision with a Lexus, BMW and a SUV. The guy who answers to them makes 8 bucks an hour. Something has to give sooner or later and it will.
Speak for yourself. I'm 6'1'' and 220 and I grew up working my ass off and my parents kept me in line. That's what happens when your dad was a drill sgt. and your mom was raised with a hard nosed dad. We ain't all like that especially out here in the country. You aren't allowed to be lazy. By the way I'm 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WOW...they would be fun to hunt...................wait....... ...I wasn't supposed to say that out loud was I

As for the rest of this topic, if the first thing you think of when you hear "Bring this country back" is slavery and Jim Crow laws, that sounds more like an indictment on yourself more than anything. Maybe people want some damn jobs? Some people aren't smart enough for college and there ain't anything wrong with that. We as a society have to push the idea of men being able to work with their hands. I'm studying engineering and most of the students that go here have no idea what they're talking about if it isn't in their textbook.

I hope things will get better in the future, I guess we will see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies