Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Are you suggesting now that there are plenty of jobs around?

This shouldn't be about GE. That bickering has a place, not here. Hence. But since we have GE taking the initiative the least we could do is acknowledge it and have some positive contributions. Remember, GE is a corporation, and corporations aren't working in your interests. But let us not ignore that while they're looking at their interests, we can at least see more than just be fixated on the negatives of corporate entities.
GE has the blood of dead US servicemen and women on its hands. Immelt should have been prosecuted for treason (aiding/arming the enemy). What part of that is unclear? And yes, here, calling GE out on this as they try to woo the American public's favor of opinion is absolutely the place for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
This shouldn't be about GE. That bickering has a place, not here. Hence. But since we have GE taking the initiative the least we could do is acknowledge it and have some positive contributions. Remember, GE is a corporation, and corporations aren't working in your interests. But let us not ignore that while they're looking at their interests, we can at least see more than just be fixated on the negatives of corporate entities.
I'm just choking on the hypocrisy of the propaganda that GE is somehow *helping* by taking tax-payer money to create some jobs while meanwhile off-shoring full-force elsewhere.

I know they work in thier own self-interests, that's what corporations do.
I'm just not joining in on the GE-praise fest and explaining to others why I feel that way.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Why stop at GE? Personal agenda?
Thread topic. Reading is fundamental.

I'd suggest the poster to whom I refer go back and read the TOS in regard to thread hijacking and personal attacks.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-13-2012 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting now that there are plenty of jobs around?
Are you suggesting that these jobs wouldnt be filled if the tax credits werent available?
Quote:
But it is about GE, or more precisely liberals who one minute moans and groands about big corporations getting preferential treatment, and then on the next justify that taking place just because Obama says its good..

Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
The thread is full of hypocrites. It wasn't too long ago that a tire company was going to bring back it's operations to the US, WITHOUT using taxpayer money and the unions, along with their share of "useful idiots" on this forum were saying how bad of an idea it was because it wasn't going to be union work. Now GE wants to use tax payer money to do this and they are all for it. I guess it's only good for Americans if it is union, if it's not people can starve..I got it now.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM

41,947 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
BWAH HAH HAH. I know GE very very well and this is not altruistic.
You're absolutely right. It wouldn't surprise me to see jobs at its existing, older plants to start disappearing, probably in dribs and drabs to escape notice. More and more locomotives, for instance, are made in China, and recently GE began building two locomotive plants in Texas. It is also hiring and investing in its existing plants in Erie and Grove City in Pennsylvania ... for now ... but it's not hard to imagine shifting more and more work to the new Fort Worth plant and scaling back or outright abandoning the 100-year-old plant in Erie.

New GE Transportation plant to open in Fort Worth by year's end | GoErie.com/Erie Times-News

Full disclosure: The GE stock my father earned as an employee put me through college and helped me buy my first house. I want GE to succeed because the livelihood of the town I grew up in depends on it. But I've seen the local plant turn into a shadow of its former self, seen it shift business elsewhere and knock down usable factories in order to reduce its property tax load, seen my father's friends and my friends' parents and my friends lose their jobs to newer plants in the South or overseas.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
But...no new jobs are being created in this depression! How can this be true?
Faux conservative think tanks haven't figured out a way to block it yet. They're plotting and scheming as we speak.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Meanwhile the Left, along with Media Matters is trying to say that 20,000 jobs that would result from the Keystone pipeline isn't that many. LMAO!
Quote:
We know at least one Democrat recycling the Media Matters talking points: Chicago Democratic Rep. Jan Schakowsky (Ill.), who tried arguing today that 20,000 jobs “is not that many.”
Michelle Malkin » E-mail of the day: Media Matters coordinates with Capitol Hill “allies” on Keystone XL; Plus: 20,000 jobs “is not that many”

But, 5,000 paid with taxpayer money is?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Faux conservative think tanks haven't figured out a way to block it yet. They're plotting and scheming as we speak.
Actually, all we hear from you liberals is about how the GOP blocks everything. Clearly thats a lie

Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Meanwhile the Left, along with Media Matters is trying to say that 20,000 jobs that would result from the Keystone pipeline isn't that many. LMAO!

Michelle Malkin » E-mail of the day: Media Matters coordinates with Capitol Hill “allies” on Keystone XL; Plus: 20,000 jobs “is not that many”

But, 5,000 paid with taxpayer money is?
How exactly is the building of the three new plants and the jobs for the troops all paid for by the taxpayer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies