Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:55 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
what grants are those?
too many to list here. Start by googling "educational grants for blacks" and you'll get a screenfull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
too many to list here.
just as I thought

Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
What you heard was bigotry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow....now I've heard everything.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
I'm going to lie to make my family members look bad. That makes a lot of sense.
Barack Obama had no problem throwing his grandmother under a bus, a grandmother who worshipped the ground he walked on btw.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-14-2012 at 11:41 AM..

Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
just as I thought
Oh yeah, that's right. Lefties like other people to do the heavy lifting for them. I'll find those grants and get back to you.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
My entire family was NOT in the US until 1910 - my father's side from Ireland, my mom's from Italy.

So, I, as a white person, should be expected to give up a job I'm qualified for (for affirmative action) and tax money (welfare) because of something that people I'm not related to did to your relatives 140 years ago?

It's NEVER GOING TO BE ENOUGH, is it? I'm to the point where I'm starting to agree with the racial seperatist crowd, its' not a superiority thing, its just that NO MATTER WHAT WE DO, IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Go form your own damn country, I'm sick of it. Hell, I'll go form mine. The situation seems unresolvable.
And yet you and your immigrant family members were able to cut ahead of people in the opportunity line whose families pre-dated yours by generations by simple virtue of the fact that you were not black.

Pick up, leave your native country and take jobs and opportunity from those who were born here. Talk about the ultimate entitlement mentality.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Sure, the Irish and the Italians had their own experiences with horrible prejudice, but, it was still easier than being black.

The issue isn't who is more deserving.
The issue is simply recognition of the fact that many, many people were born with the advantage of not having black skin.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What an ugly shameful thread.
Unfortunately, it comes to this when some lack the discipline, humility to acknowledge that their certainly are inherent flaws in the formation and progression of our American society. And blaming others or refusing to contribute solutions perpetuates the problem. ...Sighs

Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
My entire family was NOT in the US until 1910 - my father's side from Ireland, my mom's from Italy.

So, I, as a white person, should be expected to give up a job I'm qualified for (for affirmative action) and tax money (welfare) because of something that people I'm not related to did to your relatives 140 years ago?
If you're qualified, you shouldn't have any problem getting or keeping a job. And let me hip you to something, paisan.......Black people pay taxes too.

Quote:
It's NEVER GOING TO BE ENOUGH, is it? I'm to the point where I'm starting to agree with the racial seperatist crowd, its' not a superiority thing, its just that NO MATTER WHAT WE DO, IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Uh.......what exactly have you done? You, yourself. What have you done?
What's never going to be enough?
Quote:

Go form your own damn country, I'm sick of it. Hell, I'll go form mine. The situation seems unresolvable.
Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the behind. I hear Antarctica is pretty nice.........

Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
proud...Percentages matter. Think of how we judge sports teams, regardless of what level. How we judge just getting by (70%) in school, versus mostly A's (92%). Body fat percentage - low in this case - matters to good health. Think caloric intake; the percentages that make up a healthy diet matter. Etc, etc, etc.

It'd be a wonderful world, if every racial groups' precentage were lower. The common factors for any and all groups are the same; out of wedlock birth, multiple sperm donors, low educational attainment, generational hand down of poor to no undertanding what the purpose of good work ethic means, high drug and alcohol use and abuse. These are the issues, not whether someone is black, white, Indian. The same steps get's one to the same place.

I know it might hurt to look at it, but don't you want your team to have, in this case a lower percentage? I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
does it matter who makes up the majority. Bottom line more WHITES receive Welfare. Hear you guys tell it, blacks have a monopoly on handouts.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofElvis View Post
How you gonna help me?How you gonna help me?I guess when JFK said,"Ask not what your country can do for you,but what you can do for your country",that did'nt apply to black folk
Really now. I guess those thousands of African Americans who were killed in this country's service just don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies