Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 05:02 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What are they "selling"? And, to who? Let us start there. I'm also waiting for your definition of "health care".
what ever it is that they're selling, if they sell pop the government should not have the right to come in and say, you have to sell water as well!!

Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My point was that if you have health insurance from any company at all, for anything at all, you're buying it from a company that has always covered birth control on at least some of it's plans. You said you wouldn't support companies that did that, so guess you better drop your care.

Life is all about not being able to have everything your way--we have the right to make individual choices. I once had an employee who used her paycheck to do some pretty heavy drinking, but I didn't have the right to tell her how to spend her money, regardless of my strong personal beliefs, as long as she did her job. This issue is no different. As an employer, if I'm going to offer health care as a benefit--something my employees earn as part of their salary and benefits package--I shouldn't have the right to exclude provisions that don't cost me anything extra just because I don't like them. It's not my choice to make.
I said I would not support a a company that I didn't like. and I should have the right to and look for a company that I would like to do business with. without government getting in the way!! I like my ins. company and I don't care if my ins. pays for those inexpensive services. people here think that a company buying ins. for them because they have a right to it. how wrong they are. employer don't have to provide health ins. for their employees. those people who think they have a right to stipulate what kind of ins. their employer will buy for them. well they have dependency problems and probably still live with their parents

Old 02-16-2012, 05:29 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sex is a recreational activity for many, act of love and more between those who love each other. Why the hell should birth control fall under something to be covered by an insurance company let alone be free(aka cost goes to everyone else)?

Should we then have vitamins covered? A round of golf? Heck, perhaps the cost of the chase to this said recreational activity, (door fee for club, drinks, dinner, movie, candy, gifts, etc) should be covered.

More importantly, health insurance is not for the expected, its for the unexpected sickness/illness. You know you want to or are going to have sex, how idiotic that your CHOICE to use birth control means someone else should pay for it. If you cant afford $20 a month or whatever else it costs to be safe, then find something else in your life to cut costs. Cut your cable, your smart phone data plan, junk food, smokes, alcohol, etc. So typical that the liberals want everyone else to pay for this.

Like others have said, this didnt just come out of no where. The liberals are playing their typical bs games trying to make it seem that conservatives want birth control to be banned.

The bottom line is that this is not a fricking health issue, its your personal recreational activity and it has no business in health coverage.
I didn't read the thread, but did highlight (in your post) a major problem in our country:

It's much more cost-effective to promote health than it is to treat disease.

That's not a liberal v. conservative issue, it's a math issue. Promoting health saves a ton of money, and is much cheaper than just treating disease.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:32 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Let the man or woman invest in condoms at the 99 cent store and be done with it.
Want to kill your kid through abortion, they should make you pay cash to kill your own children IMO. It's only ashame there can't be a way to knock 5 or more years off the parent's lives for killing their kids in the 99.95% of the cases that are NOT rape, incest or the real life and death health issue regarding the mom.
I love these type of posts, truly. You are obviously not a suporter of women's choice, yet your answer is for her to go buy some 99 cent condoms. Your ignorance is laughable at best.
What is it with you people? God forbid women have access to affordable birth control so they can avoid pregnancy, which in turn also avoids abortions. Ugh (throws hands in air)

Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I didn't read the thread, but did highlight (in your post) a major problem in our country:

It's much more cost-effective to promote health than it is to treat disease.

That's not a liberal v. conservative issue, it's a math issue. Promoting health saves a ton of money, and is much cheaper than just treating disease.
I understand that. But promoting health and trying to prevent sickness/illness is one thing. Free handouts at cost to everyone else is another. Birth control prevents a baby, most of the time, from happening. Last time I check, a baby is not a disease, sickness, or illness. Sure, it is to some in our society if the mother "chooses" to decide she wants to kill it, but thats another story.

Condoms arent expensive. No reason people cant afford them. If you want the extra improvement you get from a pill, it should come out of your own pocket. Not everyone elses.

One has to wonder, what is it that liberals and others think people should have to pay for themselves? Seems to me, that list keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I love these type of posts, truly. You are obviously not a suporter of women's choice, yet your answer is for her to go buy some 99 cent condoms. Your ignorance is laughable at best.
What is it with you people? God forbid women have access to affordable birth control so they can avoid pregnancy, which in turn also avoids abortions. Ugh (throws hands in air)
Condoms exist for a reason. Are they 100 percent effective? Of course not. But if you want something more than that, pay for it yourself. Especially when you spend more money on crap but God forbid you spend your own money on your own birth control pills......

Tell me, what is it in this society that you dont think someone else should have to provide? And guess what, you can help prevent abortions by having some morals. You can help prevent abortions by adoptions. You can help prevent an unwanted pregnancy by not being female/male sluts, which sadly hollywood and many others in todays society promote.

Funny, liberals control a large portion of the message in Hollywood. They make sure they get their message out there. Why doesnt their message gear more towards personal responsibility? Why not more towards, "hey, you dont have to have sex with everyone just because you can". But no, todays tv,music, movies always push sex. No wonder you see people dress, act, and do the things they do today.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Free handouts at cost to everyone else is another.
Birth control is not free! Sheesh, people!!!!! Pay attention!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
I understand that. But promoting health and trying to prevent sickness/illness is one thing. Free handouts at cost to everyone else is another. Birth control prevents a baby, most of the time, from happening. Last time I check, a baby is not a disease, sickness, or illness. Sure, it is to some in our society if the mother "chooses" to decide she wants to kill it, but thats another story.

Condoms arent expensive. No reason people cant afford them. If you want the extra improvement you get from a pill, it should come out of your own pocket. Not everyone elses.

One has to wonder, what is it that liberals and others think people should have to pay for themselves? Seems to me, that list keeps getting shorter and shorter.
Yes condoms, and the pill are relatively cheap - much cheaper than a baby. That's why we, as a society, should help people get these things. It's a very wise way to spend money, as a society. I'd much rather share the cost of the pill, than the cost of an unplanned baby of a very young single mother.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Birth control is not free! Sheesh, people!!!!! Pay attention!
Theres no arguing with the willfully ignorant.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
I don't know about everyone else, but we have a choice in the purchase our health insurance provider and can choose which company best suits our needs. If we don't have a need for birth control, then we choose one that doesn't cover it and the opposite is true as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies