Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

So you think cars will be powered by beans? That will solve our energy "crisis" as you moon barkers call it? Fact is the only crisis is being created by you folks. We get along just fine until you start pushing the "green" nonsense and the money starts going down the drain that could help pay down the debt instead of paying off certain campaign contributors.

AS for health and well being the average lifespan of humans keeps rising. I believe it was bumped up to around 80 last I recall. Not too shabby. Don't fix it if it aint broke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So the ruskies were secretly going after the waters supply so they then could build a bunch of desalination factories and make piles of money off it? That is one of the greatest tin foil hat conspiracy theories of all time. Congrats. I think you need to put down the eggnog.
That's not what I said. It's a disaster. It's carelessness. It's tunnel vision ambition. It's also fodder for weasels to exploit a bad situation and make it worse than it ever had to be. You can point at nasty looters abusing Katrina victims but you never can see it when Goldman Sachs does it on a trillion *&^$&^# scale. It's "respectable" looting!

Had your side of the aisle not made careers of avoiding responsibility every chance you got... you might have a party left to speak of. SHAME!

Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
That will solve our energy "crisis" as you moon barkers call it?
Channeling newt now?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
That's not what I said. It's a disaster. It's carelessness. It's tunnel vision ambition. It's also fodder for weasels to exploit a bad situation and make it worse than it ever had to be. You can point at nasty looters abusing Katrina victims but you never can see it when Goldman Sachs does it on a trillion *&^$&^# scale. It's "respectable" looting!

Had your side of the aisle not made careers of avoiding responsibility every chance you got... you might have a party left to speak of. SHAME!
So the russians cause the hurricane too? I'm not following your conspiracy here. Does russia have some system that can control all water on earth? I though Cheney built the hurricane machine in the bowels of halliburton?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Channeling newt now?
No the only "crisis" is the ones you green loons are creating. That is what I'm saying.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:36 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
No the only "crisis" is the ones you green loons are creating. That is what I'm saying.
You still living in your alternative reality? Google "gas drillers scaling back" and read the results. The gas drillers are scaling back because of an oversupply and low nat gas prices.

Here are a couple of random quotes from my search:

"Low natural gas prices have forced the Cecil-based energy firm to scale back 2012 drilling plans, the company announced today."

"Here’s a sign reduced natural gas prices are hav* ing an impact on production: Chesa* peake Energy is scaling back its drilling operations."

Old 02-18-2012, 12:35 PM

You can google all you want. Get back to me when the EPA releases what they will do to curb the new evil in the energy world known as fracking.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I didn't say it was cheap or would be easy or to destroy the water supply. I simply said theres plenty of water. See what I mean by knee jerk reactions. You jump right into we destroying the water supply and evil rich water companies. I guess I know who you'll be screaming about if that day ever comes. LOL
Ago, look at what the drillers did to Chatman Township in Media, County, Ohio. Back in the late 1930's the began fouling the ground water. It is still undrinkable.

Take a close look at how the oil company is cleaning, or NOT cleaning up, the tar sand spill in Michigan. They aren't even trying, they are trying to build a layer of soil, rock and vegetation over areas with several feet of unrecovered product.

This is the record. When mistakes happen, the industry DOES NOT step up. It is time the companies prove their techniques before trying them randomly.

I was just reading, for work, about the faults in the salt mines below Lake Erie. One fault has a 57' displacement. That fault would be the mode of failure if fracking occured in that area.

Tell me, should the fracking logs be open to the public? If a fault is found, should fracking be halted or should they keep adding fluid?

The earth is full of fault, there are thousands of old well with bad casings, there are too many ways for the fracking guilds to open up to the ground water or even the surface. You guys got a river in Pa. bubbling gas from your fracking zone. Drinking water has been contaminated hundreds of times and the industry's reply has been, "PROVE IT" Until that standard changes they should be exploiting our natural resources.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 PM

Why shouldn't somebody have to prove it?? LOL. I could say green cars make kids grow two heads too. According to you no proof is needed so all green cars should be banned. The insanity of the green loons never astounds me. As if the earth will be destroyed. It's survived plenty of years, long before man was ever around and will be here long after. Continue bowing to mother earth. It is a big rock after all and nothing more.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Why shouldn't somebody have to prove it?? LOL. I could say green cars make kids grow two heads too. According to you no proof is needed so all green cars should be banned. The insanity of the green loons never astounds me. As if the earth will be destroyed. It's survived plenty of years, long before man was ever around and will be here long after. Continue bowing to mother earth. It is a big rock after all and nothing more.

The company benefiting from the exploitation of natural resources has a duty to act responsible. They need to prove their methods are safe. A drug company cannot just put pills on the market and challenge the public to prove their safety. When you damage someone else's property you're supposed to make good.

Enbridge Oil Spill Coverup in Michigan on Vimeo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies