Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Professor Dershowitz is right on the money here. Listen to the tape of his interview. He is absolutely right that their kind of radical leftist ilk are virulently anti-Israel, pro-hamas/palestinians.

Alan Dershowitz | Media Matters | Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

A LOT of hate over there...for anyone not of the same mind on the issues.

On the fence about obama? Why, I thought he had the Jewish vote locked up.

Another story the MSM will try to sweep under the rug.

Breitbart.tv » Dershowitz: I Won’t Vote For Obama If Associated With ‘Stalinist Bigots’ Media Matters

Articles: Alan Dershowitz Says Media Matters Could Cost Obama the Election

There is NO WAY obama would ever denounce these far-left radicals at MM and Stink Progress...just no way.....they are his brothers in arms, they have the same ideology, the same views on so many issues.

And we know the WH is coordinating with them as well.

Too bad I can't rep you again. Of course, the whole media matters issue has been completely glossed over in the mainstream media. Why? Because it appears as though media matters essentially controls the flow of information to the leftist media.

Any rational, sane person should be shocked by this, which shows that the US media is nothing more than a leftist propaganda machine. However, the left is comforted by this, as they want nothing to do with factual information and free speech, only reinforcement of their warped world view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Sorry Sanrene, but this is wacky, even for you.
I disagree.

Yes, it's wacky.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
First, I'll post where I want. You put it out there as a thread. Second, you're trying to tie an outside nonprofit with the white house. Why should they get involved in that or comment? What does media matters have to do with the white house? I disagree with the way media matters has handled this, and I think it's going to hurt them big time as a group, but I'm baffled by how you're making this connection.
I think as more comes out it will be show how they are linked
the e mails that were released before came from some one who worked at the rag
I was around when Watergate came to light
It was wild
non stop news
everyone was glued to their TV
now I find it interesting that so many things this white house has been linked to
and most media outlets attack the messenger
if there is no link then I want to know that!
But if there is, I want to know that too!
It is sickening to me at this man who was going to change Washington, racial
problems, we were going to be not red and blue states, but the United states
hell, he was going to control the oceans!!
But we are worse on every level
and now rumors fly on this slime and people shout down instead of finding out!
what is sad is that even if true, folks will still vote for the hack!
That says more about them that the man leading them like sheep
I am so glad I can stay in reality and make a decision on what I have seen for myself!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:22 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Yeah, discuss the topic, NOT how much you don't like the topic.

Maybe you need to do a little research.

Media Matters | Sources | David Brock | The Daily Caller

Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations

Of course there is coordination/collusion between these leftist orgs and the dem party/WH.
I never said I had a problem with the topic--just that your take on it is wacky--even more wacky than what you usually come up with.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Too bad I can't rep you again. Of course, the whole media matters issue has been completely glossed over in the mainstream media. Why? Because it appears as though media matters essentially controls the flow of information to the leftist media.

Any rational, sane person should be shocked by this, which shows that the US media is nothing more than a leftist propaganda machine. However, the left is comforted by this, as they want nothing to do with factual information and free speech, only reinforcement of their warped world view.
Yes...they will ignore the fact that MM and their ilk funnel stories to so-called journalists that originate from a collusion with and for the WH.

Quote:
I never said I had a problem with the topic--just that your take on it is wacky--even more wacky than what you usually come up with.
Its not MY take..its Alan opinion on how precarious the Jewish vote is for obama.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Why does the Left have such a a thing for antisemitism?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:16 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Well, this one's amusing. Media Matters is antiemetic, according to the fanatic Alan Dershowitz. Given his record, that basically means that they've come out against Isreal ethnically cleansing the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, ie. they have a basic sense of humanity.

I'm also amused that the right it up in arms against one of the more prominent websites that point out when conservative commentators are wrong, lying, or saying openly racist things. It's sort of like how that guy that runs Little Green Footballs has them all angry when he posted the appallingly racist comments that get posted on Fox News' website.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Well, this one's amusing. Media Matters is antiemetic, according to the fanatic Alan Dershowitz. Given his record, that basically means that they've come out against Isreal ethnically cleansing the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, ie. they have a basic sense of humanity.
So you don't really know if he is correct or not, you are basing your opinion solely on "his record".

Really?

Old 02-19-2012, 01:43 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Quote:
Yes...they will ignore the fact that MM and their ilk funnel stories to so-called journalists that originate from a collusion with and for the WH.
Well, they ignored it with Jeff Gannon, a Bush plant, so I guess it's appropriate here too.

Exactly how big do you think MM's reach is, Sanrene?

Many times, you will also find people who take any criticism of Israel as a direct attack upon Jews themselves. It's not, and I'd wager that a majority of Jewish people in the US make that distinction as well.

Desperate times call for desperate measure, eh Sanrene?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 AM

Even the Simon Wiesenthal Center is concerned about the anti-semitism coming from Media Matters.
Quote:
"When it comes to the charges of being 'Israel Firsters' and having 'dual loyalty,' we not only plead innocent but also counter-charge that these sponsored bloggers are guilty of dangerous political libels resonating with historic and toxic anti-Jewish prejudices," the center said in a statement issued today. "These odious charges have been around since Henry Ford in 1920 said 'wars are the Jews' harvest,' Charles Lindbergh in 1940 condemned Jews for conspiring to plunge America into World War II, and 'Jewish neocons' were charged with colluding with Israel to cause the 2003 Iraq War."
Simon Wiesenthal Center: CAP, Media Matters bloggers 'guilty of dangerous political libels,' 'toxic anti-Jewish prejudices' - Washington Jewish Week - Online Edition - Rockville, MD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies