Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:08 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your own guy admits he didnt have a clue.. Why should I believe you over his own words?
Its a hack job on what he actually said. Bottom line is that he admits he underestimated the crisis.

What I find laughable is that you all are pretending that YOUR guy knew full well how bad it was when he clearly stated that he felt that economic fundamentals were "strong". In no way shape or form were they such...

If YOUR boy was SO aware of the housing crisis he should have known that we were in for an economic ***** storm of epic proportions, but he said no such thing.

Bottom line? I'll take the guy who "underestimates" a problem over a guy who "denies" a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vetter View Post
The Dims have had almost six years. Why isn't it fixed already? Is it Bush getting in the way still?
Those with blown fuse get in the way.

Quote:
Recessions arent dictated by job numbers, they are dictated by GDP growth, or more precisely GDP drops
Funny but expected that you'd say so... it depends on which side you get off the bed.

Given your post from Nov 2008, you're guilty of underestimating the effect of recession. If not that, then you were being simply dishonest (my bet is on this one), and were simply downplaying it deliberately. Childish.

PS. Is Obama talking about GDP still being at recession levels, or employment growth?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
100 posts in and the deflection continues. Obama is an idiot plain and simple. You folks wouldn't care if he kills your entire family right in front of you your leg would still tingle and he'd look you in the eye and say Bush did it and off you'd go screaming Bush is a killer.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Its a hack job on what he actually said. Bottom line is that he admits he underestimated the crisis.

What I find laughable is that you all are pretending that YOUR guy knew full well how bad it was when he clearly stated that he felt that economic fundamentals were "strong". In no way shape or form were they such...

If YOUR boy was SO aware of the housing crisis he should have known that we were in for an economic ***** storm of epic proportions, but he said no such thing.

Bottom line? I'll take the guy who "underestimates" a problem over a guy who "denies" a problem.
Um, I didnt support McCain, so continuing to call him "my guy" is utterly ridiculous.

But the economic fundamentals were strong, just like they are today.. Dont blame me because you think economic fundamentals and the economy are one of the same.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 AM

141 posts, read 98,101 times
Nancy Pelosi -- "We have to pass the health care bill so we can see what's in it".

Amateur hour in DC.

And the beat rolls on....

Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
FAIL... the poster was responding to another posting which said the national debt will hit $24T, and Obamas own projections say this is true.
LOL!! "deflect" has been your buzzword in this thread. Don't pretend like you just used it this one time. At least keep up with your own quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
The GOP has held Congress for 8 of the last 40 years, 4 of them were "balanced" budgets..

If the GOP hasnt done any better, then this would mean at least 16 of the other 32 years had balanced budgets as well.

Care to list them?
Oh I see.... So CONGRESS gets the credit for economies?

Cool, so all this I hear from your ilk regarding the "greatness" that was the Reagan years should actually be credited to Tip O'Neill for doing a smash up job?

(And no, not a deflection. It's called throwing your flawed logic back in your face.)

Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Um, I didnt support McCain, so continuing to call him "my guy" is utterly ridiculous.

But the economic fundamentals were strong, just like they are today.. Dont blame me because you think economic fundamentals and the economy are one of the same.
So who DID you vote for in '08? I don't care who you supported in the primaries.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vetter View Post
Nancy Pelosi -- "We have to pass the health care bill so we can see what's in it".

Amateur hour in DC.

And the beat rolls on....
I'm sorry, aren't YOU the guys crying "deflection" all the time, or whining that we're straying off-topic?

Where the H-E-Double Hockeysticks did THIS come from?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
LOL!! "deflect" has been your buzzword in this thread. Don't pretend like you just used it this one time. At least keep up with your own quotes.
Why are you having such difficulty following along with the thread? It really isnt that long that you should keep track of it.

The thread discussion is OBAMAS EXCUSES FOR THE DEFICIT..

The other poster responded by blaming Reagan and Bush.. If that isnt deflection, what is it?
Quote:
Oh I see.... So CONGRESS gets the credit for economies?
Haha, I cant stop laughing at liberal ignorance today.

Deficits, or more precisely, surpluses, isnt the economy..
Quote:
Cool, so all this I hear from your ilk regarding the "greatness" that was the Reagan years should actually be credited to Tip O'Neill for doing a smash up job?

(And no, not a deflection. It's called throwing your flawed logic back in your face.)
the flawed logic is you not even knowing what branch of government is responsible for what.. haha.. return to 5th grade..

Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
So who DID you vote for in '08? I don't care who you supported in the primaries.
Why dont you care who I supported in the primaries? Is it because you want to pick and choose what holds relevance.. haha.. ooh brother, you're on a roll today with your humor..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies