Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

What I am pointing out is that I haven't heard anything from the media about that speech even as uplifting as the message was. I know that many people don't like Hannan because he is an English conservative who is a part of the EU governing body who doesn't talk like most EU members. However, it should be the duty of the media to report things like this speech. I don't remember even hearing anything other than a passing mention from Fox News.

Here is a chance to hear a 4 minute interview with Hannan and the whole speech in its entirety. I think that many here don't even know who Hannan is since about the only people who have proclaimed him would be of the Beck variety. Anyway, if you want to hear someone talk about where the US is headed on the track we have been on for some time, even before Obama, and want to learn how to avoid that demise here is a chance to hear it.

Daniel Hannan: Europe is a grizzly image of the future – Glenn Beck

Yes, I know that grizzly is the name of a bear and the word should have been grisly, but the folks at glennbeck.com may not know the difference. That doesn't take anything from the message Hannan delivered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,809 times
for God sakes will someone PLEASE click the link

Old 02-15-2012, 01:20 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What I am pointing out is that I haven't heard anything from the media about that speech even as uplifting as the message was. I know that many people don't like Hannan because he is an English conservative who is a part of the EU governing body who doesn't talk like most EU members. However, it should be the duty of the media to report things like this speech. I don't remember even hearing anything other than a passing mention from Fox News.

Here is a chance to hear a 4 minute interview with Hannan and the whole speech in its entirety. I think that many here don't even know who Hannan is since about the only people who have proclaimed him would be of the Beck variety. Anyway, if you want to hear someone talk about where the US is headed on the track we have been on for some time, even before Obama, and want to learn how to avoid that demise here is a chance to hear it.

Daniel Hannan: Europe is a grizzly image of the future – Glenn Beck

Yes, I know that grizzly is the name of a bear and the word should have been grisly, but the folks at glennbeck.com may not know the difference. That doesn't take anything from the message Hannan delivered.
You know what Roy why would we care? Conservatives have made it clear what they want and it aint so good for the rest of us not in the club.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You know what Roy why would we care? Conservatives have made it clear what they want and it aint so good for the rest of us not in the club.
There is no club. Conservatives want the same rights and freedoms for everyone. It's liberals who divide people up by race and class and assign different sets of benefits and obligations to each group. We want all Americans to be free and have equal protection under the law.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Daniel Hannan spoke at the CPAC meeting and nobody has said much about the speech .
Maybe because nobody heard the speech. Who is this guy, never heard of him

Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
There is no club. Conservatives want the same rights and freedoms for everyone. It's liberals who divide people up by race and class and assign different sets of benefits and obligations to each group. We want all Americans to be free and have equal protection under the law.
Yep thats what you always say Tell me why such extra fire in your group the last three years?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
You will remain a deflecting virgin as long as you can. Let me tell you the main part of his speech. He said that we have the last legs for the free world to stand on and that the EU is not long for this world. He says that we are headed for where they are nearly landed today but we can turn away from what we are headed toward. I think there was so much in his speech that was not conservative and was very likely to help, even people like you, to reason a bit different about who will be in charge of this world very shortly and it doesn't include the EU or the US. You could learn so much if you would just allow yourself to do so.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Maybe because nobody heard the speech. Who is this guy, never heard of him
I was pretty sure that many here had never heard of Hannan. I first heard him on Glenn Beck's show maybe 3 years ago. I love any politician who will say what he believes and in Hannan's case that is that the US is the really greatest country still "alive" in the world. In this speech he said so much about what causes us to be the best today as he waved his little US Constitution at the crowd and quoted some of the parts of it that put us where we are. He talked much about Washington and Jefferson and how they had created the best Constitution in the world. Ah yes, he did mention that Jefferson was in France when the Constitution was written but he quoted much of him from the Declaration of Independence. Of course, he didn't mention Justice Ginsberg and her words about our Constitution.

Yep, I bet you would not find him really boring because he is conservative if you listen to him.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 02-15-2012 at 02:32 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You will remain a deflecting virgin as long as you can. Let me tell you the main part of his speech. He said that we have the last legs for the free world to stand on and that the EU is not long for this world. He says that we are headed for where they are nearly landed today but we can turn away from what we are headed toward. I think there was so much in his speech that was not conservative and was very likely to help, even people like you, to reason a bit different about who will be in charge of this world very shortly and it doesn't include the EU or the US. You could learn so much if you would just allow yourself to do so.
The constant nasty way people like rush and the boys attack people and then their supporters cheer them on makes it so now I listen to no one coming from that side.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
What about liberty isn't good when compared to totalitarianism, specifically?

Daniel Hannan is the British Rand Paul of the EU Commision.

Daniel Hannan at CPAC 2012 - YouTube

A warning to Americans about the Obama administration:
Daniel Hannan - A Warning To America - YouTube

Amazon.com: The New Road to Serfdom: A Letter of Warning to America (9780061956942): Daniel Hannan: Books

Quote:
What I am pointing out is that I haven't heard anything from the media about that speech even as uplifting as the message was.
The MSM isn't covering CPAC, much less individual speakers.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-15-2012 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies