Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just for the heck of it.

As if saving a child in the womb is no big deal.
OK, so a woman wants an abortion.....but she has to see a sonogram before that. Maybe she has second thoughts, maybe not. This law is all about hoping she changes her mind. BUT she doesn't want that child. Maybe she's poor or has too many kids to take care of already. Why in gods name would you to subject a child to poverty and potential abuse because they were not wanted but yet the mother was forced to have.
You certainly do preach a lot about this. So how about doing something about it. There are so many kids in foster care waiting for adoption, a lot of special needs kids that no one seems to want. So they grow up in the system, no one loving them. Is that what you want for them......why???? Sorry, I just don't get it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 10:29 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Um.....the Blue Dog dems were PRO-LIFE. Most of them at least.
Yet the tea party voted them out...why??

Old 02-15-2012, 10:38 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Just for the heck of it.

Just how is that saving a child? Do you really think it's going to stop women who want to have an abortion, or are you just wanting to punish her before she can have it?

Whether you like it or not, abortions are legal. I don't like it, but I can accept that not everyone believes what I believe. The way to greatly reduce abortions from unexpected pregnancies is to make sure women have access to birth control, teach sex education, and make sure that women who find themselves with an unplanned pregnancy have the support they need to get through a pregnancy. Although it might be humiliating and really uncomfortable, sticking a probe up her vagina isn't going to be a major factor in that choice. It serves absolutely no practical purpose. What if it's a medically necessary abortion? Are they going to make some poor woman with organ failure go through this (it's painful) and look at her baby before they can save her life? That's horrific.

When the government starts dictating that medical professionals have to perform unnecessary procedures as a punishment of women seeking other legal procedures, you've crossed so many lines in terms of individual rights. I can't believe that anyone who believes in small government could support this. It does nothing to stop abortion, but it's all about losing individual rights.

Last edited by mb1547; 02-15-2012 at 10:54 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Um.....the Blue Dog dems were PRO-LIFE. Most of them at least.
Some were, some weren't. The difference is that the blue dog dems aren't political extremists--they're moderates, not that far off from moderate Rs. There's nothing moderate about the tea party--they're radical extremists and not conservatives.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Requiring a woman to be informed before making her choice (to kill her baby) is not an unreasonable demand. The pro-abortion crowd is upset that public opinion has finally turned against them. Thay is why they want to turn the topic from abortion to contraception. No one is going to take the bait on that, despite the pushing of the liberal media.
If a woman didn't know she was pregnant, she wouldn't be seeking an abortion.
No, it's minimalizing and infanticizing the woman for the fetus fetishists.

Who's going to pay for this intrusion?

Tell me more about this pro-abortion crowd you're talking about.
Has anyone tried to force abortion on anyone else?

Obviously the anti-choicers are trying to get their way and will lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Your opinion.
Nope, a medical reality.

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-15-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yet the tea party voted them out...why??
Because the tea party has shifted everything far right, and unless you follow a very far right agenda (almost no government, no new taxes, abolish most federal agencies, cut almost all social programs, end social security, etc) you're considered a liberal, or worse, a communist. The Blue Dog Dems and the Tea Party are a million miles apart. The blue dogs are more like how I described traditional conservatives on most issues. Although the Blue Dog Dems are more conservative on social issues than other Dems, they are no where near as far to the right as the tea party.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I am not religious actually. Just don't seeing babies being murdered by irresponsible moron's who can't close their legs or use a condom.Oh and I am not a big government person. I believe in small government but I also believe in state's rights and the sanctity of life.
Ah yes, women are whores.
Bad women.
Women only get pregnant with the introduction of sperm into their bodies.
You know, sperm, supplied by men.
But feel free to give them a free ride so to speak.

If you believe in the sanctity of life, I hope you believe in supporting people once they're born with health care, basic housing, food and benefits.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
WTH do you think anyone is going to see on most early sonograms? Nothing, that's what.

Informed consent? If they pregnancy is so early that it can't be seen by a regular sonogram then what information is gained by a transvaginal one? You already KNOW it's less than 10-12 weeks!

This also bans emergency contraception and, no doubt, BCP's will be the next target. I can't believe the GOP has sunk so low. LOW LOW LOW.

Last edited by Ceece; 02-16-2012 at 03:56 AM..

Old 02-16-2012, 03:42 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Just for the heck of it.

Sooo..you admit this has zero to do with making an informed choice and everything to do with preventing abortion through intimidation. At least it's on record now.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'll agree to suspending the ultrasounds if you agree to ban abortions after the 14th week. How's that?

Mandating...

Mircea
I am not totally opposed to the ultrasounds. I am 100% opposed to mandating a penetrating transvaginal ultrasound when it hasn't been deemed necessary by a physician who is the ONLY one skilled enough to make that decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies