Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
^^^
This, exactly.
It was the same for me when I was young and underemployed.

Now, I'm lucky enough to have enough money to donate to PP for the care of others. I'm proud that I can do something to help.

I'm sorry that the ignorant and hateful have stopped you from being able to enjoy reasonable treatment on a sliding scale.

I'm not sure how the 8-weeks became the image standard. Roughly 40% of abortions [app. 500,000] occur after week 8. I suppose Virginia's hoping hearing a heartbeat or seeing an image that to the woman looks childlike will change a few thousand minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
As opposed to killing unwanted kids? You bet.

But that's a false choice. I'm not adopting myself, but I know people who are waiting in line.

And I know others who have been refused adoption for the silliest reasons - house is too small to give the child its own room, that kind of thing. But that's another topic.
Yet there are 20,000 kids a year who go unadopted

Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Early in a pregnancy, a transvaginal exam is the only way they can get the images that the bill specifies. They mandated it by spelling out the specifics, without ever putting the word "trans vaginal" in the bill.

I didn't read past the first page or two, so my apologies if this has been pointed out repeatedly.

Thread fail.
The latest false machinations of the pro-abortion Left in an attempt to muddy the waters.

The bill does not require what the Left is in a tizzy about.

Yes Virginia, There Is a Baby in There | RedState

From the bill;

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...?121+ful+SB484

Quote:
Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 2 hours before the performance of an abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of determining gestational age. The ultrasound image shall be made pursuant to standard medical practice in the community, [emphasis mine] contain the dimensions of the fetus, and accurately portray the presence of external members and internal organs of the fetus, if present or viewable.
Transvaginal ultrasound detect pregnancies LESS THAN 6 weeks in gestation.

Quote:
Please note the Orwellian use of the word “treatment” for “killing of the baby.” How does this require a woman to have a transvaginal ultrasound? Short answer: it doesn’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You never convince them of that.
Because...its FALSE.

Oh, the woman is not FORCED to view the ultrasound OR hear the BABY'S heartbeat. Because you KNOW, there IS a baby in there, right?

Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Ah, Sanrene, you've stopped by to do the old seagull's crap on this thread.

Read below:

Quote:
Early in a pregnancy, a transvaginal exam is the only way they can get the images that the bill specifies. They mandated it by spelling out the specifics, without ever putting the word "trans vaginal" in the bill.

I didn't read past the first page or two, so my apologies if this has been pointed out repeatedly.

Thread fail.
The way they worded the bill, this will be what is required to get the required photos. EVERYONE who can read knows what it means. The only reason the "Right" hasn't jumped on it is because they know what it means and they are being very quiet about it. EVERY other news organization that has reported it, as well as the senators opposed know exactly why it was worded the way it was.

Now, please, quit posting tired links that were posted several pages back. Go find some Rasmussen poll to get off on. As usual you add NOTHING intelligent here.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:43 PM

779 posts, read 537,311 times
Wow. So many on the right are always "OMG BIG GOVERNMENT!!!!" until one of their pet issues is involved. Apparently, when the government moves in and tries to force women to have a tax-payer funded attempt at indoctrination disguised as an exam, it's A-OK. Damned dishonest hypocrites.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

Baby at 8 weeks gestation

Baby at 9 weeks gestation

Looks like a human baby to me!
What this argument refuses to acknowledge is that abortion is, in fact, legal. So you can't use arguments deriding abortion in general to support a law that interferes with performing abortions -- a legal medical practice.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Wow. So many on the right are always "OMG BIG GOVERNMENT!!!!" until one of their pet issues is involved. Apparently, when the government moves in and tries to force women to have a tax-payer funded attempt at indoctrination disguised as an exam, it's A-OK. Damned dishonest hypocrites.
Yeah it's funny how they don't want it involved unless it's used in increasing police powers,gay rights,abortion,or making schools teach creationism.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm not sure how the 8-weeks became the image standard. Roughly 40% of abortions [app. 500,000] occur after week 8. I suppose Virginia's hoping hearing a heartbeat or seeing an image that to the woman looks childlike will change a few thousand minds.
So it has nothing to do with her health but is strictly to change their minds.
It's a means to punish, not care for the woman.

The OP was railing on about 8 weeks with dishonest photos.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Transvaginal Scans: Specially designed probe transducers are used inside the vagina to generate sonogram images. Most often used during the early stages of pregnancy.

Emphasis is mine.

And once again, some basic human gestational biology.

Pregnancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can tell from the BIOLOGY depicted below, this it is NOT A FETUS. It's not even an embryo yet.

File:HumanEmbryogenesis.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are diagrams/drawings of early stages, or the ZYGOTE. See? Day 1: It is NOT A FETUS. It is ONE cell on day 1. We call that a ZYGOTE. The Cell division continues, but there is NO implantation on the uterus yet. That takes a minimum of a week. Once the mast of cells, aka a BLASTOCYST implants on the uterus then it becomes an embryo. Take note: it's an embryo, NOT a fetus and NOT a baby.

It is NOT a fetus until AFTER the first trimester.

God, I realize that greater than 50% of all pregnancies SELF ABORT before implantation to the uterus occurs, but don't you think you've allowed too many idiots onboard this Earth ship?

So, lady goes in for first trimester abortion, which IS WHEN MOST ELECTIVE ABORTIONS HAPPEN, so just what do you think they'll see on that transvaginal ultrasound? A BABY? Good gawd people, please take it upon yourself to actually learn something.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So it has nothing to do with her health but is strictly to change their minds.
It's a means to punish, not care for the woman.

The OP was railing on about 8 weeks with dishonest photos.
Sure it's about changing minds. You know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies