Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,363,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

What do you think could be driving this?
The fact that GOP has declared war on women in America.

EDIT: It has been 20 years since the 1992 elections. I think the have more or less forgotten those lessons by now.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 02-15-2012 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 05:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,730,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I am not religious actually. Just don't seeing babies being murdered by irresponsible moron's who can't close their legs or use a condom.Oh and I am not a big government person. I believe in small government but I also believe in state's rights and the sanctity of life.
1) An embryo/fetus is not a baby, no matter how much you want to pretend it is.
2) Abortion is not illegal and therefore does not fit the legal definition of murder.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:38 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,254,856 times
Quote:
Well that is the state's right to rule on it themselves...
yes and women can fight the state by saying its undue harassment on them to do so, and may also violate privacy laws as well.

I don't see this law lasting the first case brought against it.

There are already challenges being brought against Texas for enacting the same type of policy

Quote:
Actually a child would be murdered...
Not according to law an science. A child is a living breathing person. A fetus is not.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,254,856 times
Quote:
Try not being lazy and use protection.
Yes, birth control pills can't be defective, condoms can't break, diaphragms can't move and so forth.

What imaginary world do you live in that contraceptives are 100% perfect?

Are you suggesting that even married couples shouldn't have sex if they don't want to have children or are not ready for them?

Nice world you live in.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM

840 posts, read 779,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
1) An embryo/fetus is not a baby, no matter how much you want to pretend it is.
2) Abortion is not illegal and therefore does not fit the legal definition of murder.
Happy for you. I am glad you have your opinion and I have mine.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, birth control pills can't be defective, condoms can't break, diaphragms can't move and so forth.

What imaginary world do you live in that contraceptives are 100% perfect?

Are you suggesting that even married couples shouldn't have sex if they don't want to have children or are not ready for them?

Nice world you live in.
True very true. My point is at least try to be responsible and use protection take the initiative in preventing unwanted kids...same for married couples..but if it happens don't kill the baby! Give it up for adoption for christ's sakes.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 PM

770 posts, read 1,174,585 times
Quote:
Why not just get sterilized if you hate kids so much you would murder one instead of giving it up for adoption.
More great advice!...or you could just mind your damn business.

And I don't hate children, I just don't want them in me or coming out of me. Are you done or do you have some more great tips for me?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM

I can't sit back and watch people murder babies because they are to damn lazy to use protection...

Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,363,872 times
Quote:
I can't sit back and watch people murder babies because they are to damn lazy to use protection...
Murder has a very specific definition. Abortion is not murder.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,533,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post

That's what a transvaginal ultrasound device looks like. For anyone in support of this bill, would you like having this shoved up your poop chute? How about your wife or daughter or mom's vagina?
But legislators will tell you the woman gave the OK to have her vagina penetrated as a result of an unwanted pregnancy. But women generally don't give their consent to every man, and so they ought to have the right to refuse the entrance of an ultrasound instrument without any bad consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies