Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times

Advertisements

I talked to a relative in co today & she told me she paid $3.10 a gal this morning. Why in the hell are we paying so much more in ca & why does everyone let those douch bags in sacramento get away with MOD CUT ?

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: don't be crude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,151 times
the douche bags in sacramento?
you think they're the reason that gas prices are so high?
they're going to get higher too.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
They are part of the reason due to high taxes. Colo doesnt burn people like ca. Thats a fact.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
They are part of the reason due to high taxes. Colo doesnt burn people like ca. Thats a fact.
I know that CA gas prices are some of the highest in the country.
I'm stupid when it comes to taxes and stuff like that.
I did hear the other night on npr that Chicago has the highest prices right now? But don't quote me on that ... knowing me i heard it wrong.
Prices across the country are quite a bit higher now than they were at this time last year. I know i heard that right. What i didn't retain in my noodle brain is why.
And i know it's a bummer. It hurts me too and lots of other people.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
This is nothing but gouging masked behind a perceived lack of supply tacked on to that Iranian conflict that western governments have invented in order to pretend that Israel is in danger.

First of all gas consumption in the US is down, second of all the US actually exported a lot of oil to other countries now so if supplies are so low here, why are we sending oil overseas?

I think we can chalk this up to another corporate scheme to inflate profits. Yawns. What else is new?

What's going to happen is gas will rise to around 5 dollars, there will be tons of public outrage and then they will lower prices to 4 dollars to placate us and now 4 dollars will be the new normal for a long time until next year when they raise gas to 6 dollars a gallon only to lower it down to 5 which will make 5 dollars a gallon the next, new normal, and so on.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:38 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Your right ... Obama is to blame this time

Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is nothing but gouging masked behind a perceived lack of supply tacked on to that Iranian conflict that western governments have invented in order to pretend that Israel is in danger.

First of all gas consumption in the US is down, second of all the US actually exported a lot of oil to other countries now so if supplies are so low here, why are we sending oil overseas?

I think we can chalk this up to another corporate scheme to inflate profits. Yawns. What else is new?

What's going to happen is gas will rise to around 5 dollars, there will be tons of public outrage and then they will lower prices to 4 dollars to placate us and now 4 dollars will be the new normal for a long time until next year when they raise gas to 6 dollars a gallon only to lower it down to 5 which will make 5 dollars a gallon the next, new normal, and so on.
So your saying the old supply and demand no longer applies. There is a more supply now than ever before and the demand is way down ... and we are still getting screwed ...

That's "Hope and Change" for ya ...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
So your saying the old supply and demand no longer applies. There is a more supply now than ever before and the demand is way down ... and we are still getting screwed ...

That's "Hope and Change" for ya ...
Yawns at the failed attempt to pin this on Obama.

If anything, he'll be to blame for not stopping it, just like Bush before him.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,259 times
Read this.
Econbrowser: The case for more uniform fuel standards

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I talked to a relative in co today & she told me she paid $3.10 a gal this morning. Why in the hell are we paying so much more in ca & why does everyone let those douch bags in sacramento get away with MOD CUT ?
Yeah, and I blame Obama for purchasing a BMW that requires premium fuel.

I paid 3.91 gallon for premium fuel because my vehicle needs it. Trying to pin this on the government and Obama is a sorry excuse for the consumer's driving habits. I see a lot of people driving gas guzzling SUVs and trucks all across California.

The cost of fuel is only going to go up since the global population is increasing at an exponential rate, while the oil supply is being depleted. Anyone who think the demand will decrease and supply will increase in the next 50 to 100 years must be smoking something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies