Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:25 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, I did, and no where in there does it say anythig about 14%. SO you can take your facts and shove them....I'm going by what is in that article.
Good. If you read the article it says 48% of businesses worry about health care costs. That has been about the same percentage for 20 years. It has nothing to do with ObamaCare.

The article also says that 76% say they aren't hiring because they have enough employees. That's the real problem, low sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Where does this info fit into all of this?

US weekly jobless claims fall near four-year low

Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Good. If you read the article it says 48% of businesses worry about health care costs. That has been about the same percentage for 20 years. It has nothing to do with ObamaCare.

The article also says that 76% say they aren't hiring because they have enough employees. That's the real problem, low sales.
Well, the last time I checked, I said nothing about obamacare.....nor is that what I am arguing....

I want to see this fairytail 14%, that is supposed to be in that article, that's it...nothing more....

Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Another troll thread where the headline and OP have nothing to do with the linked article and no response is given when called out on it. Why is this nonsense tolerated?

Oh, I see it prompted 11 pages of responses. That's why.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Agreed. But the thread title is blaming ObamaCare specifically.

If businesses have been complaining about health care costs for decades, it has nothing to do with ObamaCare. That makes the OP's assertion false.
Of course it is false. Certain posters start several threads like this every day.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Well, I did, and no where in there does it say anythig about 14%. SO you can take your facts and shove them....I'm going by what is in that article.

Sorry, I'm not who or what you think I am....so instead of spouting off at the mouth, how about back it up....
LOL, your FAILURE to find and interpret the facts right before your nose is telling.

And the expected lack of an apology and an admission that you were wrong speaks to your character.

Going to the survey, the PDF, for the 1st quarter of 2012.

Question 18. Survey results of 497 respondents. This is the 85% of the 600 in the overall survey that were not in the process of hiring at the moment.

Question 22. Surveyed 428 respondents. The difference, 69, were small business owners that did NOT have employees.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-16-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 01:57 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
LOL, your FAILURE to find and interpret the facts right before your nose is telling.

Your lack of an apology and an admission that you were wrong speaks to your character.

Going to the survey, the PDF, for the 1st quarter of 2012.

Question 18. Survey results of 497 respondents. This is the 85% of the 600 in the overall survey that were not in the process of hiring at the moment.

Question 22. Surveyed 428 respondents. The difference, 69, were small business owners that did NOT have emoloyees.

Health Costs, Gov't Regulations Curb Small Business Hiring

If your looking at other things besides the above link, you are only showing your ignorance on what I'm asking....you think I went deep to try and screw with you, and that was not the case....

Your attempting to prove you are better than others, is also very telling of your "have to be right" attitude.

Along with this post, shows how you must be better than everyone, I asked a simple question and you blew you head of steam without even attempting to answer the question....

So, again, in the link above, show me anywhere that has anything to do with 14%? Can you? Or are you going to just say how much better you are...than everyone else.....

BTW, I HAVE apologized on this board....have you?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:12 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
sorry, you're not baiting me. I'll analyze data you can analyze the sound bites.

The difference between question 22 and question 18 is 69 employers that don't have employees. That my friend is 14% of those that responded that they were NOT looking for employees at that moment.

That is a fact. You aren't going to find that fact in a hit and run Blogger story or a quick story by gallup. Wells Fargo has the underlying data.

Quote:

If your looking at other things besides the above link, you are only showing your ignorance on what I'm asking....you think I went deep to try and screw with you, and that was not the case....

Your attempting to prove you are better than others, is also very telling of your "have to be right" attitude.

Along with this post, shows how you must be better than everyone, I asked a simple question and you blew you head of steam without even attempting to answer the question....

So, again, in the link above, show me anywhere that has anything to do with 14%? Can you? Or are you going to just say how much better you are...than everyone else.....

BTW, I HAVE apologized on this board....have you?

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-16-2012 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Restating your op when it has long been debunk while you were away doesn't mean we start over.

Your op is BS and your attempted rehash is BS.

You haven't debunked a single thing. The poll, title of the article and op spell out the numbers. All you're TRIED but FAILED to do is spin the numbers.

Here, lets do it again;

Quote:

Nearly half of small-business owners name these issues
Additionally, nearly half of small-business owners point to potential healthcare costs (48%) and government regulations (46%) as reasons.

Potential HC costs = obamacare.

Of course, this is NOT the first time business has said the uncertainty and TAX HIKES coming down the road is preventing them from hiring.

Quick recap.

If certain folks could read, they would notice that when you add up all the numbers the add up to a bit more than 100% from that we can see that the poll is a response to ranking issues regarding employment decisions. In other words in order of concerns healthcare and government regulations (while concerns) rank at the bottom of those concerns for businesses that expect to still be in operation over the next 12 months.

No! Gee, I already said that ages ago. Anyone with any common sense can see the list adds up to way more than a hundred percent.

69 of those employers, 14%, don't have a business that requires additional employees. MANY sole proprietors that do their own work or hire sub contractors don't hire regular employees...

Provide the text for this claim, from the Gallup survey;

Conclusions? Of the 85% that are not in the process of hiring AT THE MOMENT of the survey, 14% don't even have employees. Adds more weight to the top reason, that they don't need an employee at the moment (or ever).

At the moment? Did Gallup use that verbiage?

Where is this 14%?

Quote: Originally Posted by mb1547 LOL--and if you take that one section out of context of the larger poll, it's misleading. Get it? If you don't, then I can't help you.

The OP not only cherrypicked results they reinterpreted what the survey said.

My..GALLUP must have done the same....see the headline;
Wow...look at that!

Nearly half of small-business owners name these issues

These responses were provided by of the 497 (out of 600) that were not in the process of hiring someone AT THAT MOMENT, two weeks into the new year. The top response was they didn't need someone at that moment.

Again, where do you get this interpretation...provide the text.

FYI, most small businesses would be winding down from the holidays. the period between the holidays and tax times seems like a good time to be vacationing in Myrtle Beach and not conducting interviews.

BREAKING NEWS: 85% not in the process of hiring someone two weeks after the holidays and two weeks before starting to figure their taxes.

Funny, GALLUP didn't seem to think this was breaking news, did they?

History is always instructive. When asked 48% of the 600 small business owners said they did hire in the last 12 months. I guess those onerous regulations aren't as bad as the OP claims.

Where?

You mean this?

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...idby7l_kdq.gif

In Nov of 2010.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23007534-post60.html
Quote:
Can you prove that those 14% do not want to hire or expand? Or is this just your assumption?
I still don't see where he gets this number.

Quote:
YOUR RESPONSE IS PURE DEFLECTION AND DODGING OF FACTS. When you do get back to substance, Revisit that post, I added another comment.
Now, this, this is absolutely hilarious as you try desperately to discredit the Gallup findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You''re the oppositie of factual in every way. You can't even accept the title and summary of the poll much less anything based in it.

The fact that nearly 50% said health care cost and regulations are an issue is irrefutable. I don't even know why you're trying to spin it to mean something else and you're doing a miserable job to boot.

Go look at the Wells Fargo Business Insights link:

https://www.wellsfargobusinessinsights.com/sites/default/files/121201%20Wells%20First%20Qtr%20Topline%20finalx.pd f (broken link)
Amazing, isn't it? The title of the article matches the title of the op.

Quote:
FACT. Try reading the survey instead of hyped headlines.

I have a sole proprietorship since 1971. I can count on my hands how many years I employed a paycheck employee. I did way better subbing out my work, letting them comply with the headaches and just skimming off my cut.

I'm pretty sure things haven't changed in the last few years.
A survey on small business hiring says little about their economic activity.

Question 4 is the telling question. What does your financial future look like in the next 12 months 49%, up from 37% last quarter, say better. Those replying worse, 15%, down from 23% last quarter.

But we'll ignore that GREAT news so you wingnuts can invent bad news....
Business has been very unhappy with the anti-business obama for well over a year. Their hiring practices reflect that unhappiness, especially if you include their concerns about the condition of the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Umm, can you point out exactly where it correlates so-called "Obamacare" with small businesses not hiring?

Didn't think so....
Read the article. Potential HC costs = obamacare. Surely you're aware this isn't the first time business have listed concerns over that monstrosity in their hiring practices.

Quote:
Agreed. But the thread title is blaming ObamaCare specifically.

If businesses have been complaining about health care costs for decades, it has nothing to do with ObamaCare. That makes the OP's assertion false.
You know, I see another word in there too.

Quote:
Gallup: Nearly 50% of Small Business Blame obamacare/Regulations for Lack of Hiring
They have been complaining for over a year about the impact of obamacare, which is what this is reflecting.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Umm, can you point out exactly where it correlates so-called "Obamacare" with small businesses not hiring?

Didn't think so....
Of course they are not going to call it by its infamous moniker. Potential HC costs have everything to do with obamacare.

I think the lefties are missing something - OBVIOUSLY the businesses polled can choose more than one reason they aren't hiring. HC cost, regulations, concern about economy, afraid they won't have a business in a year - ALL reflect poorly on obama and his policies.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-16-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies