U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities, MN
780 posts, read 458,824 times
Reputation: 220

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
The blood, sweat, and tears they put into crops that were sold? Slave labor was the most productive back then.
Exactly! +1

Even southerners themselves admitted how important slaves were.

(bold emphasis mine)

"In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course. Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin."

Mississippi Causes of Secession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,060 posts, read 3,432,530 times
Reputation: 2107
You are getting more and more desperate Steve.

For months you have tortured sane adults with loony posts of non-American black people. Obama as the Manchurian candidate. Lawsuits by ambulance chasers and law school drop outs.
Posted hyperlinks to Stormfront and characterised MLK as a communist.

Yet time and time again decent, sane people have rebuffed, discredited, and basically made you seem dim witted.

Now your frustration at people refusing to cling to your lunacy is showing. No more veiled references, no more mention of "dark clouds" hanging over the nation.
Now it's just plain old, "I don't like black people".

Hey, if I were you I wouldn't like them either!!

Imagine the descendants of my forefathers prejudice now surpassing me on the social totem pole and even ascending to the Presidency of these United States of America.

Poor, poor Steve.

Here's a little something to go to sleep to:


" Hey Stevie boy, when you look this cool, haters just gotta hate"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Evergreen, Colorado
802 posts, read 460,588 times
Reputation: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You are getting more and more desperate Steve.

For months you have tortured sane adults with loony posts of non-American black people. Obama as the Manchurian candidate. Lawsuits by ambulance chasers and law school drop outs.
Posted hyperlinks to Stormfront and characterised MLK as a communist.

Yet time and time again decent, sane people have rebuffed, discredited, and basically made you seem dim witted.

Now your frustration at people refusing to cling to your lunacy is showing. No more veiled references, no more mention of "dark clouds" hanging over the nation.
Now it's just plain old, "I don't like black people".

Hey, if I were you I wouldn't like them either!!

Imagine the descendants of my forefathers prejudice now surpassing me on the social totem pole and even ascending to the Presidency of these United States of America.

Poor, poor Steve.

Here's a little something to go to sleep to:


" Hey Stevie boy, when you look this cool, haters just gotta hate"!!
Do you respect the founders and believe that we should abide by their original intent when it comes to this nation, especially Article 2 Section 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 7,014,168 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Why not a National Caucasian Museum? I believe this to be a huge waste of taxpayer money.
You are right and in fact it is perpetuating racism and segregation in the minds of especially black people.
We need equal. Museums of achievement should be filled with blacks that have contributed as they would all others the same way.

Democrats are quite racist IMO. They used to hose black kids out of the doors of schools, so this mind set by Obama doesn't shock me.

He's been the most divisive President of my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,121 posts, read 5,799,344 times
Reputation: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Why not a National Caucasian Museum? I believe this to be a huge waste of taxpayer money. Barack Obama injecting himself into this opening ceremony only shows how hypocritical he is when it comes to his own ethnicity. He is not fully black. His father's side is Muslim. Also I believe that there is a over saturation of many things in this country that already celebrates african Americans. Isn't it time to say "enough is enough" with wasteful spending? I can't imagine what this thing is going to be filled with!!
And if there was one and President Barack Obama attended you'd probably be offended there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
 
5,331 posts, read 6,127,723 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They've given me jazz....which sure as hell beats that mouth harp crap that was being played before then. Doing..doing...doing...doing..

Hell...Jazz is enough as it is. No need to name anything else.
Definitely! My life is enriched by the many jazz artists as well as the blues.

Outside of music, my first thought of contribution was the first successful open heart surgery.

And here's more: Famous African American Scientists & Inventors: History & Biographies — Infoplease.com

I wonder what "Steve" has contributed other than bitterness and bile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 PM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,819,772 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Because Barack Obama is a groundbreaking president, like it or not.
You mean earth-shattering. As in detrimental to the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,001,824 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Do you believe there is a "over saturation" of things that celebrates black culture?
Not unless you also believe that there is an "over saturation" of things that celebrate "White" culture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,001,824 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You are right and in fact it is perpetuating racism and segregation in the minds of especially black people.
We need equal. Museums of achievement should be filled with blacks that have contributed as they would all others the same way.

Democrats are quite racist IMO. They used to hose black kids out of the doors of schools, so this mind set by Obama doesn't shock me.

He's been the most divisive President of my lifetime.
(read as the most "non-White" President of my lifetime)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
 
20,606 posts, read 8,781,788 times
Reputation: 7090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Do you respect the founders and believe that we should abide by their original intent when it comes to this nation, especially Article 2 Section 1?
I respect the original intent but the world has vastly changed and it seems archaic now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:46 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top