U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:43 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,572,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You claim Communist never existed, than claim numerous nations were Communist.

Can't you read?

There's a word in there you must have missed.......PURE!

You know, the one every leftist worships but will never be realized because it doesn't exist. Only bastardized versions of it exists.

Ya'll will never get to the PURE form.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,434,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
If you bother to do a little research you would know that the utlimate goal of communism is to dissolve the government.
WRONG, COMPLETELY WRONG.

Communism's goal is to change the economic system we live under. It has ZERO to do with the structural foundations of the government itself. Name a communist country that doesnt have a government, a system to educate, a system to police, a judicial system, a national defense, a system of social services.....

Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Your association is biased. As I said, communism is not responsible for the crimes committed by people calling themselves communists.

Some say the kibbutz is an example of communism at work
Some might say that communes are communist.... Say might say that monks living in their Monastery is a form of communism.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:03 PM

26,817 posts, read 17,373,005 times
Considering the abominable way the chauvinisticc, misogynistic Republican party has attempted to advance their bizarre agenda, the TALIBAN will be endorsing them.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-17-2012 at 07:18 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 AM

9,857 posts, read 7,033,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Considering the abominable way the chauvinisticc, misogynistic Republican party has attempted to advance their bizarre agenda, the TALIBAN will be endorsing them.
O gee, conservatives figure we need to only get what we can pay for and to reduce the debt before the whole country collapses. They are just the worst for using the common sense most house holds need to live by daily.

Under the dictatorship of Democrats/Unions/Communists, you have lower standards of living, they tell you how to live, how to and who to worship and they punish success. Oh that is so normal, isn't it???

Old 02-18-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
That hierarchy is actually very un-commy. The inventors of communism would turn in their graves if they knew what has become of their child and what crimes have been committed in its name.

I guess that is usually the way it turns out, though, as humans are not ready for modesty, self-control, etc. And I guess that won't change for quite some time.
Communism it theory and in practice is two different things.

Those in power in Communism live very well and have a lot of power over everyone else.

Communism is infested with greed and tyranny at the top hand has killed many tens of millions of people. Why liberals want to do it again thinking it needs another chance is kind of stupid IMO.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 AM

21,480 posts, read 19,337,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Communism it theory and in practice is two different things.

Those in power in Communism live very well and have a lot of power over everyone else.

Communism is infested with greed and tyranny at the top hand has killed many tens of millions of people. Why liberals want to do it again thinking it needs another chance is kind of stupid IMO.
Just like with capitalism and any other philosophy or theory. Most humans are greedy and they will find ways to enrich themselves at the expense of society regardless of the system of the country. Just look at the mess in the West these days.

With statements like that liberals support communism you are kind of disqualifying yourself from a serious discussion. It is just stupid conservative talk, frankly.
I am a liberal/progressive, but I do not want communism (just like I don't want capitalism or any other ism). Basically by and large I just want to be left alone by people who think they need to promote any ism.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Just like with capitalism and any other philosophy or theory. Most humans are greedy and they will find ways to enrich themselves at the expense of society regardless of the system of the country. Just look at the mess in the West these days.

With statements like that liberals support communism you are kind of disqualifying yourself from a serious discussion. It is just stupid conservative talk, frankly.
I am a liberal/progressive, but I do not want communism (just like I don't want capitalism or any other ism). Basically by and large I just want to be left alone by people who think they need to promote any ism.
Under communism you have a lot of spread the pain and tens of millions of innocent deaths. It is not a viable government to live under.
We see the destruction of our own country going on due to the cancer within of government employee unions and grand social programs for all that never had the money to sustain and they can't be sustained ever.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Under communism you have a lot of spread the pain and tens of millions of innocent deaths. It is not a viable government to live under.
We see the destruction of our own country going on due to the cancer within of government employee unions and grand social programs for all that never had the money to sustain and they can't be sustained ever.
Seems some people don't even understand what communism is. It has little to do with government. It is an economic system.

It is amazing that the same people that rail against the current government swiftly step in to defend it when the "C" word is mentioned. Fact is little structural change in the government would need to occur if the USA adopted a communist economic system.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:47 AM

21,480 posts, read 19,337,013 times
Quote:
Unions have little to do with communism. I guess you don't know what that word really means and stands for. You can have strong unions in capitalist countries, Germany comes to mind. You just keep repeating those same old, embarrassing, ignorant statements that conservative demagogues keep spreading. It's like the Pavlov reflex, as soon as someone does not support capitalism, people start barking up the wrong tree.

And again, dictatorships have nothing to do with communism. While there have been brutal dictatorships in countries that at the same time happened to be communist, dictatorship and mass murder are by no means limited to communist countries, actually throughout history most wars and genocides happened before communism was invented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies