Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What do you suppose the chances are that you need a gun in a National Park - or anywhere else, for that matter? If you feel the need for guns to protect your home or family, a much better choice would be to move.

The older I get, the less patience I have for the mindless American affinity for guns. We will never have a civilized society until we break the savage cycle.

Attack away, gun lovers, but know that I'm as conservative as anyone on this board on most major issues. It's just time we understand that conservative values need not and should not include saturating our communities with deadly weapons.

So please tell me the location of this utopia that I can move to and never, ever be concerned with criminals and the need for self defense. I don't have any patience for mindless Americans who can't acknowledge reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
More liberal idiocy.

The killer used a car. Should we ban cars as well? Never let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste....

McD: Don’t pack heat in national parks | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com
Liberals legalized guns in parks, so, how is this "liberal idiocy"?

Old 02-18-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What laws have been made? I just don't see the any real attack. People talk but what has really happened? No one will limit guys like you from having guns but to go after low life's who supply drug dealing gang bangers with AK 47 should be supported by the gun community.
It seems that when there is nothing to cry about, people invent something to cry about.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Liberals legalized guns in parks, so, how is this "liberal idiocy"?
The legislation was being worked on at the end of Bush's term. Obozo only signed it because it was bundled in with other legislation for credit card reform. Now the moonbats want it gone which is no surprise. Nice try though....

Last edited by Rick Roma; 02-18-2012 at 06:46 AM..

Old 02-18-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
It seems that when there is nothing to cry about, people invent something to cry about.

Obama has stated he wants to renew the assault weapons ban. It's also well known that he's staunchly anti gun and likely to roll out his intentions if he wins a second term when he has no concerns of re-election.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Obama has stated he wants to renew the assault weapons ban. It's also well known that he's staunchly anti gun and likely to roll out his intentions if he wins a second term when he has no concerns of re-election.
Whatever you say, but the truth is that gun rights around the nation have been expanded like never before while obama has been in office. According to people like you he was going to take away everyones guns as soon as he took office, and now you're saying he'll do it on his second term. You are simply offering the same bs again and hoping it might stick this time round.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:30 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
So please tell me the location of this utopia that I can move to and never, ever be concerned with criminals and the need for self defense. I don't have any patience for mindless Americans who can't acknowledge reality.
(Shaking head)

You haven't met many thinking conservatives, have you?

When I was born, Harry Truman was President. And guess what? I've lived all over the country and have never owned a gun or felt any need for one. You don't need a gun, Rick, if you make wise choices in life.

Do I think individual liberty is of critical importance? You bet!

But I'm intelligent enough and independent enough to understand that by fighting for individual gun ownership rights, one is fighting for the right of every knuckle-dragging savage and psychologically dangerous individual to have guns. We've seen more than enough of the results of that state of affairs and I'm tired of living in that kind of primitive society.

There is a reason guns and religion are often used together in the same sentence. Zealots for both are almost always one-and-the-same and exist because of childhood indoctrination and that childhood indoctrination simply will not hold up to an intellectual challenge. We need to break the cycle if we are to advance and thrive as a species.

Always be closing!!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:34 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Lock yourself in your basement or better yet, there are many islands (some very nice ones off Russia) that you can hunt all you want 24/7. And not a soul there to tell you no.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Whatever you say, but the truth is that gun rights around the nation have been expanded like never before while obama has been in office. According to people like you he was going to take away everyones guns as soon as he took office, and now you're saying he'll do it on his second term. You are simply offering the same bs again and hoping it might stick this time round.
Expanded like never before? Where? National parks which other liberals now want to restrict? Why would I hope this "BS" sticks? Wouldn't that mean a loss of gun rights in some form?

Old 02-18-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
(Shaking head)

You haven't met many thinking conservatives, have you?

When I was born, Harry Truman was President. And guess what? I've lived all over the country and have never owned a gun or felt any need for one. You don't need a gun, Rick, if you make wise choices in life.

Do I think individual liberty is of critical importance? You bet!

But I'm intelligent enough and independent enough to understand that by fighting for individual gun ownership rights, one is fighting for the right of every knuckle-dragging savage and psychologically dangerous individual to have guns. We've seen more than enough of the results of that state of affairs and I'm tired of living in that kind of primitive society.

There is a reason guns and religion are often used together in the same sentence. Zealots for both are almost always one-and-the-same and exist because of childhood indoctrination and that childhood indoctrination simply will not hold up to an intellectual challenge. We need to break the cycle if we are to advance and thrive as a species.

Always be closing!!

Epic fail all around. I was raised in Massachusetts to be a good Christian. This is not a gun friendly state and my parents never owned guns. As I grew older and began to understand life I became an atheist and got into shooting sports. I enjoy the sporting aspect of shooting and the self defense aspect of it is just an added bonus. Your post is a large steaming crock of feces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies