Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,338,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Lock yourself in your basement or better yet, there are many islands (some very nice ones off Russia) that you can hunt all you want 24/7. And not a soul there to tell you no.
No thanks. I don't get into hunting at all as I said before and I prefer to enjoy my rights as I see fit as much as you don't like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 AM

18,338 posts, read 26,459,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
(Shaking head)

You haven't met many thinking conservatives, have you?

When I was born, Harry Truman was President. And guess what? I've lived all over the country and have never owned a gun or felt any need for one. You don't need a gun, Rick, if you make wise choices in life.

Do I think individual liberty is of critical importance? You bet!

But I'm intelligent enough and independent enough to understand that by fighting for individual gun ownership rights, one is fighting for the right of every knuckle-dragging savage and psychologically dangerous individual to have guns. We've seen more than enough of the results of that state of affairs and I'm tired of living in that kind of primitive society.

There is a reason guns and religion are often used together in the same sentence. Zealots for both are almost always one-and-the-same and exist because of childhood indoctrination and that childhood indoctrination simply will not hold up to an intellectual challenge. We need to break the cycle if we are to advance and thrive as a species.

Always be closing!!
You've never been attacked by rabid animals then, or had to be in a bad area of a town. You may not have needed a gun yet, but that can change in a heartbeat. Your paranoia against gunowners doesn't justify any restrictions on others' rights.

And by the way, the safest states in the country in recent years have been states with next to no restrictions on guns: Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:05 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,695,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Epic fail all around. I was raised in Massachusetts to be a good Christian. This is not a gun friendly state and my parents never owned guns. As I grew older and began to understand life I became an atheist and got into shooting sports. I enjoy the sporting aspect of shooting and the self defense aspect of it is just an added bonus. Your post is a large steaming crock of feces.
Well, now, there's a classy response. Not unexpected, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You've never been attacked by rabid animals then, or had to be in a bad area of a town. You may not have needed a gun yet, but that can change in a heartbeat. Your paranoia against gunowners doesn't justify any restrictions on others' rights.

And by the way, the safest states in the country in recent years have been states with next to no restrictions on guns: Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire.
  • It's not going to change. My choices will continue to be wise.

• Guns have nothing to do with those states being safe.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Well, now, there's a classy response. Not unexpected, though.

• It's not going to change. My choices will continue to be wise.

• Guns have nothing to do with those states being safe.
You call people mindless because they choose to be prepared to defend themselves and then you whine about a "classy response"? Still living in denial. "I'll never be a victim of a crime." Some people just can't seem to accept reality.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,695,945 times
Quote:
You call people mindless because they choose to be prepared to defend themselves and then you whine about a "classy response"? Still living in denial. "I'll never be a victim of a crime." Some people just can't seem to accept reality.
Let's set the record straight, Rick.

I didn't call anybody mindless....I called the American affinity for guns mindless.

The irony of your stance is that the main reason you're afraid of crime is the result of your own fight for the right of every demented sociopath to have a gun.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:01 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,557,912 times
Quote:
Expanded like never before? Where? National parks which other liberals now want to restrict? Why would I hope this "BS" sticks? Wouldn't that mean a loss of gun rights in some form?
I'm just saying that it's hard to take people like you seriously when you have presented the same scenarios before and they failed to materialize. You keep crying wolf, but the wolf never comes.

Yes, gun rights have expanded like never before, mostly at state level, and the admin has done nothing to stop it or to slow it down.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Let's set the record straight, Rick.

I didn't call anybody mindless....I called the American affinity for guns mindless.

The irony of your stance is that the main reason you're afraid of crime is the result of your own fight for the right of every demented sociopath to have a gun.
Who is it that has this affinity for guns that you speak of? Would it be American citizens? Keep back peddling. Please quote the post where I state the demented sociopaths should have guns. I'll be waiting. Thanks

Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'm just saying that it's hard to take people like you seriously when you have presented the same scenarios before and they failed to materialize. You keep crying wolf, but the wolf never comes.

Yes, gun rights have expanded like never before, mostly at state level, and the admin has done nothing to stop it or to slow it down.
Where am I crying wolf? Would that be in discussing legislation that has been proposed? What expansion of gun rights at state level are you thinking of here? How would the president interfere with state rights if he was so inclined?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:52 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,557,912 times
Quote:
Where am I crying wolf? Would that be in discussing legislation that has been proposed? What expansion of gun rights at state level are you thinking of here? How would the president interfere with state rights if he was so inclined?
Do you happen to know who banned carry in parks last time? It wasn't liberals, it was Ronald Reagan.

How would the WH interfere? By trying to push federal laws, and by presenting objections and criticism against states laws.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 AM

50,192 posts, read 46,923,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What laws have been made? I just don't see the any real attack. People talk but what has really happened? No one will limit guys like you from having guns but to go after low life's who supply drug dealing gang bangers with AK 47 should be supported by the gun community.
Gov moonbeam signed a law that outlawed unloaded open carry. That was our only option in parks with a high number of wild hogs and mt lions. Not to mention routes used for smuggling illegals and drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies