U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,755,878 times
Reputation: 1041

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Actually he is the most powerful human on the planet. Able to vaporize billions of people in a matter of hours.
Opinion and nothing more. Your issues that you're bringing up are laughable at best and pathetic at worst.

Answer me this - have you ever served in the military? Either reserve or otherwise?

 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
 
3,337 posts, read 2,571,029 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Are you sure they were there to support the candidate or did they happen to just be there, say, when the candidate visited a hospital or military base or some such?

I've been around a long time too.
This is not a new rule, although, I must say that until the Ron Paul candidacy I'd not ever seen such flagrant abuses of said rule.

As I've said before, if Mr. Paul truly respected the military, he would discourage illegal actions on his behalf.

But, so far as I know, he's said nothing.

Tells me all I need to know about his respect for our institutions.
Can't respect a disrespectful POTUS. Respect is earned.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
 
3,337 posts, read 2,571,029 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Where does it state that they will respect the CIC? Perhaps you have never read it? The oath nor the UCMJ use the word "respect".

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.
So help us God!
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:28 PM
 
3,337 posts, read 2,571,029 times
Reputation: 921
Its about to start
Live stream of March

WeAreChange on USTREAM: http://www.WeAreChange.org http://www.YOUTUBE.COM/WeAreChange http://www.FACEBOOK.COM/LukeWeAreChange http://www.TWITTER.COM/LukeR...
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:28 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,820,860 times
Reputation: 646
I don't get it, what is the point of the march?
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,755,878 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Where does it state that they will respect the CIC? Perhaps you have never read it? The oath nor the UCMJ use the word "respect".

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.
Yeah and the key part of all that is the word "obey".
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
 
3,337 posts, read 2,571,029 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't get it, what is the point of the march?
In every election. The candidate that has the largest military support, is praised and touted as such all over the MSM's transmissions.

Troops for Ron Paul are making the point that the MSM's have chosen to ignore this election cycle.

Ron Paul has more donations from military than ALL of the other candidates combined. INCLUDING OBAMA!.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
 
3,337 posts, read 2,571,029 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
Yeah and the key part of all that is the word "obey".
The key word to me was "according" to regulation and UCMJ.

Service men are not robots that have to follow illegal wars or orders.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,231 posts, read 11,611,108 times
Reputation: 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
Yeah and the key part of all that is the word "obey".


No, the key word is Constitution.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,820,860 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
In every election. The candidate that has the largest military support, is praised and touted as such all over the MSM's transmissions.

Troops for Ron Paul are making the point that the MSM's have chosen to ignore this election cycle.

Ron Paul has more donations from military than ALL of the other candidates combined. INCLUDING OBAMA!.
So why are these guys marching on to the White House. What are there demands, what do they want to happen? Seems like an inchorent ill thought march. I don't know much about it, enlighten me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top