U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,839,925 times
Reputation: 4243

Advertisements

“High importance” message distributed by Senior Navy official.

An email leaked by multiple active duty personnel shows that the military has issued a warning to troops encouraging them not to take part in the upcoming Veterans for Ron Paul 2012 march in Washington on Monday
Military Top Brass Tell Troops Not to March in Ron Paul Rally :

I found the sound on the video garbled, but what Adam does is reads some of the responses to this directive from the military. This threat includes reservists and veterans, in and out of uniform.

 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,610,738 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
“High importance” message distributed by Senior Navy official.

An email leaked by multiple active duty personnel shows that the military has issued a warning to troops encouraging them not to take part in the upcoming Veterans for Ron Paul 2012 march in Washington on Monday
Military Top Brass Tell Troops Not to March in Ron Paul Rally :

I found the sound on the video garbled, but what Adam does is reads some of the responses to this directive from the military. This threat includes reservists and veterans, in and out of uniform.
Active duty should not. Unless you march as joe smoe.
 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,886 posts, read 4,188,743 times
Reputation: 4161
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
“High importance” message distributed by Senior Navy official.

An email leaked by multiple active duty personnel shows that the military has issued a warning to troops encouraging them not to take part in the upcoming Veterans for Ron Paul 2012 march in Washington on Monday
Military Top Brass Tell Troops Not to March in Ron Paul Rally :

I found the sound on the video garbled, but what Adam does is reads some of the responses to this directive from the military. This threat includes reservists and veterans, in and out of uniform.
Active duty military are not allowed to march in any politician's campaign wearing the uniform of the US. They can participate so long as they go in civilian attire and don't attribute the logos or insignia of the US Armed Forces to the campaign.
 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,610,738 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Active duty military are not allowed to march in any politician's campaign wearing the uniform of the US. They can participate so long as they go in civilian attire and don't attribute the logos or insignia of the US Armed Forces to the campaign.
Yep. We dont want active military marching on Washington
 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,755,468 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Active duty military are not allowed to march in any politician's campaign wearing the uniform of the US. They can participate so long as they go in civilian attire and don't attribute the logos or insignia of the US Armed Forces to the campaign.
This.

That's exactly the sentiment I have here, being a Veteran myself.

Active Duty members know what they can and cannot do.
 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,610,738 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
This.

That's exactly the sentiment I have here, being a Veteran myself.

Active Duty members know what they can and cannot do.
There is a very good reason the founders wanted civilian leadership over the military. I say that as a veteran as well. Thank you for your service
 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,665 posts, read 74,612,986 times
Reputation: 48173
anybody that wants to cut down DOD is public enemy #1. trust me the country did not file impeachment on bill clinton bek a DC honcho messed with a call girl, they did it bek bill clinton messed with DOD's money. DOD owns the oval office.
 
Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,839,925 times
Reputation: 4243
The February 20th march on the White House by veterans and active service members in support of Paul is appropriately dubbed “Ron Paul is the Choice of the Troops.”
The event will begin at noon with a rally at the Washington Monument followed by a march at 2 PM in military squad formation to the White House where a special ceremony to honor troops who have died since the election of Obama will be held.
“We will step off towards the White House, turn left on Pennsylvania Ave, and come to a halt at 1600,” the Facebook page explains.
Active Duty Troops to March on White House :
 
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,755,468 times
Reputation: 1041
What people fail to realize sometimes is this:

Active Duty military members are not afforded the same civil rights and liberties as non-military members (aka civilians).

Let me put it this way:

Military members have the laws the US has in place hovering over them. Then they have the laws set in place by the state they are in. On top of that are the laws, rules, and regulations of the city they live in. On top of THAT are the rules/policies/regulations of the branch of service they are in. ADDITIONALLY, there's the specific fleet/base/command rules/regulations/policies/programs set in place that they have to adhere to.

And hovering above all of the above is a little book known as the Uniform Code of Military Justice. It's quite the curious thing. Basically it's more laws and policies set in place to ensure equal punish to those in all branches who break any of the codes therein.

The power that a military member has in their hand is great, but the responsibility and duty to uphold the protocol and the contract they signed is even greater.

I sincerely hope no active duty members march in uniform. That'll spell the end of their career, or at the very least put a hindrance on it.
 
Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,839,925 times
Reputation: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
What people fail to realize sometimes is this:

Active Duty military members are not afforded the same civil rights and liberties as non-military members (aka civilians).

Let me put it this way:

Military members have the laws the US has in place hovering over them. Then they have the laws set in place by the state they are in. On top of that are the laws, rules, and regulations of the city they live in. On top of THAT are the rules/policies/regulations of the branch of service they are in. ADDITIONALLY, there's the specific fleet/base/command rules/regulations/policies/programs set in place that they have to adhere to.

And hovering above all of the above is a little book known as the Uniform Code of Military Justice. It's quite the curious thing. Basically it's more laws and policies set in place to ensure equal punish to those in all branches who break any of the codes therein.

The power that a military member has in their hand is great, but the responsibility and duty to uphold the protocol and the contract they signed is even greater.

I sincerely hope no active duty members march in uniform. That'll spell the end of their career, or at the very least put a hindrance on it.
Where does this fit into all those rules?
Troops March In Gay Pride Parade In San Diego
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top