U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,763,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Very sad. Marriage is between one man and one woman and that's the way God intended it to be. Homosexuality is a very strange, bizarre and abnormal thing. Plus, the Bible tells us that it's a detestable sin and an abomination. People weren't designed or intended to be with their genders. If God had intended us to be homos, He would have created all of us as one single gender.
Well I guess I never read that part of the bible. I always wondered though how accurate the bible was since it's been interpreted so many times. But we are all gods children are we not. I was taught by the nuns that god loves all of us equally. Maybe god made some people gay. Do you know for a fact that he didn't. No of course you don't. But I suspect gays have been around from the beginning of humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,878,405 times
Quote:
Very sad. Marriage is between one man and one woman and that's the way God intended it to be.
Who's God? My God is very wise, rational and intelligent and has better things to worry about than the pairing habits of some microbes on one of the motes of dust floating in the cosmos.

And of course your God certainly didn't have a problem with the polygamy that's in his own holy book..

Quote:
Homosexuality is a very strange, bizarre and abnormal thing.
So is Christianity and religion. Yet you have the freedom to enjoy that delusional lifestyle choice tax free. And to force it upon innocent children.

Homosexuality is at least supported by science and reality.

Quote:
Plus, the Bible tells us that it's a detestable sin and an abomination.
Yep, right before it says that shrimp, oysters, pork, long hair, and picking up sticks on Sundays are abominations also.

These are the words of a super intelligent being? I think not. More like bronze age goat herders.

Quote:
People weren't designed or intended to be with their genders. If God had intended us to be homos, He would have created all of us as one single gender.
Fifty years ago you'd be saying the same thing except you'd be talking about races intermarrying.

Oh, and NEWSFLASH: If God didn't want there to be Homosexuals, there wouldn't be any.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 PM

4,541 posts, read 3,645,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So pathetic that you're jumping for glee over treating people like crap. I'm ashamed to be in the same state as you.
OMG, both you and Ed are my MD neighbors?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,132,503 times
Quote:
Very sad. Marriage is between one man and one woman and that's the way God intended it to be. Homosexuality is a very strange, bizarre and abnormal thing. Plus, the Bible tells us that it's a detestable sin and an abomination. People weren't designed or intended to be with their genders. If God had intended us to be homos, He would have created all of us as one single gender.
What's with the God talk? What does God, or any religion whatsoever, have to do with civil marriage?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Honey, have you ever thought that not every person in this country believes in God or in what the bible says ? You christians, need to understand that and get over it. The "its against god laws, the bible says its a sin" arguments are boring and very predictable.
FYI: Believing in God (or against homosexuality) isn't just a Christian thing.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:34 PM

15,723 posts, read 9,604,204 times
Quote:
You really need to stop spewing such nonsense when it's clear you know nothing about the so called "anti-gay" Bible verses. Stop regurgitating some corrupted English out of context text to support your prejudices.

As for being against God's intentions:

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, according to a new study.

However, in the latest study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

Maybe God shouldn't have made so many gay animals if he hates it so much!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:35 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,763,396 times
I loved today when MSNBC had 2 Prince Georges pastors on. For some reason the black community does not want gay marriage to pass. Anyway, one was for it and one was against it. Of course the one against it said it was against god's way. But the one for it said people should practice religion and not regulate it. I thought that was cool. Hopefully, Maryland will pass this

Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I loved today when MSNBC had 2 Prince Georges pastors on. For some reason the black community does not want gay marriage to pass. Anyway, one was for it and one was against it. Of course the one against it said it was against god's way. But the one for it said people should practice religion and not regulate it. I thought that was cool. Hopefully, Maryland will pass this
OMG...please don't make this a racial "Blacks don't like gays" thing.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,659,001 times
I was so glad to see this. It sounds like the governor of Maryland is in full support of this and ready to sign it if/when it passes the state Senate - much like my own (I'm proud to call her that!) Governor Gregoire.

I was disappointed - but not surprised - by Christie's reaction.

I think we are seeing a trend here and that we will see more and more states legalizing marriage equality in the near future.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 PM

3,455 posts, read 6,298,712 times
Quote:
Why are some incapable of seeing gay people as fellow humans with the same need to love and be loved as everyone else?

In the end we really are not that different than you...or anybody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies