Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM

16,674 posts, read 15,644,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Very sad. Marriage is between one man and one woman and that's the way God intended it to be. Homosexuality is a very strange, bizarre and abnormal thing. Plus, the Bible tells us that it's a detestable sin and an abomination. People weren't designed or intended to be with their genders. If God had intended us to be homos, He would have created all of us as one single gender.
ALL of this post is entirely irrelevant. This is a secular country. Whatever God wants or intends makes absolutely no difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 AM

256 posts, read 206,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Of course. Why leave this issue up to the stupid uninformed voters when activist judges know what is best. Since the voting public is so ignorant perhaps we should do away with voting entirely and have judges decide for us who the next president should be as well.
You think voters in the South in the 50's and 60's should have able to vote on the rights of blacks? The very reason we have judges is people and politicans are not perfect and there needs to be a impartial arbiter. Those laws were passed by politicians that reflected their constituents views. Those laws were also cleary unconstitutional, but it seems given your logic segregation and discrimination would have allowed to continue, because that is what the voters wanted.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,385,613 times
Quote:
We keep hearing from the homosexual community that “all the polls”, according to them anyway, indicate that an ambiguous “everyone” is purportedly in favor of same sex marriage yet if that were really true this would reflect accordingly in the voting booth as well. There is absolutely no reason to fear the voters i.e. the people yet the homosexual does as they know that in reality everyone is not in favor of redefining marriage.

Wouldn’t the victory be sweeter if the public was clamoring to have marriage redefined, the votes weren’t so close or in fact going your way by a wide margin? Remember that the voting public that the homosexual so despises and ridicules is the very public society that will also look upon the same sex couple as a cute “isn’t that nice, they’re married” or instead look at them in revulsion and disgust as a couple of deviant perverts trying to pretend that they are heterosexual regardless of whatever piece of paper they may or may not have.

Wow. You REALLY have to question why "polls" sometimes don't match voter results... ESPECIALLY on issues that concern civil rights?

Hammertime schooled you above.

Please also recall that while many straight people may be for gay marriage, they may not be as motivated to come out and vote as those people who are "angry" and looking to overturn something.

It is well known that old fogie, rabid social conservatives and the children they successfully managed to raise as ignorant as they are are always way angry and outraged about something or other destroying their way of life, and very motivated to get to the polls.

All of this being moot, however, because civil rights should not EVER be put up for a vote.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,730,023 times
Maryland Republican: Meeting gay couples left me 'changed person' | Digg Topnews (http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/maryland_republican_meeting_gay_couples_left_me_ch anged_person - broken link)

Old 02-24-2012, 11:47 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,092,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Maryland Republican: Meeting gay couples left me 'changed person' | Digg Topnews (http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/maryland_republican_meeting_gay_couples_left_me_ch anged_person - broken link)
It's amazing what meeting and interacting with gay people can do to change previously anti-gay peoples' minds on the issue. That's why I think it's really the duty of gay people to come out of the closet and share that aspect about themselves with friends and family. Doing that is why the tide of acceptance has turned.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,934,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Very sad. Marriage is between one man and one woman and that's the way God intended it to be. Homosexuality is a very strange, bizarre and abnormal thing. Plus, the Bible tells us that it's a detestable sin and an abomination. People weren't designed or intended to be with their genders. If God had intended us to be homos, He would have created all of us as one single gender.
I could say that about a lot of things. If God didn't intend people to smoke weed then why create Cannibas? If God didn't want people to have premarital sex then why let us have genitals before marriage? If God didn't want people to be gay then why give people the choice to be OR be biologically homosexual (I had to go with both sides even though I believe people are born that way and society forces them to hide the truth).

You believe in God. I believe it's a sham. All religion is IMO. Too many options to mean only one is right. The odd thing is that all of this stuff happened in the Bible (floods, plagues, the Lazarus Man) thousands of years ago yet there has not been a repeat of any of it. Did God just say f*** it" and give up on everyone and move on to another planet?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,573,818 times
Quote:
We keep hearing from the homosexual community that “all the polls”, according to them anyway, indicate that an ambiguous “everyone” is purportedly in favor of same sex marriage yet if that were really true this would reflect accordingly in the voting booth as well. There is absolutely no reason to fear the voters i.e. the people yet the homosexual does as they know that in reality everyone is not in favor of redefining marriage.

Wouldn’t the victory be sweeter if the public was clamoring to have marriage redefined, the votes weren’t so close or in fact going your way by a wide margin? Remember that the voting public that the homosexual so despises and ridicules is the very public society that will also look upon the same sex couple as a cute “isn’t that nice, they’re married” or instead look at them in revulsion and disgust as a couple of deviant perverts trying to pretend that they are heterosexual regardless of whatever piece of paper they may or may not have.
why would we be trying to pretend we're heterosexual? and why would they look upon me with revulsion or disgust? do i have a bugger in my nose? do i have a bloody lip?

and NO, my right's don't come from other people, i also don't have to ask the public if i'm allowed to go to the bathroom, or if i'm allowed to partake in society in any way.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 PM

736 posts, read 524,075 times
People need to get religion back in their life. If they did our country would be a whole lot better.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,653,408 times
Quote:
Of course. Why leave this issue up to the stupid uninformed voters when activist judges know what is best. Since the voting public is so ignorant perhaps we should do away with voting entirely and have judges decide for us who the next president should be as well.
Those who don't like our system of government can either work to change it or leave the country and find one that better suits their needs.

Or perhaps they just don't understand how our government works. I would suggest they take a beginning political science course at their local community college.

Quote:
Remember that the voting public that the homosexual so despises and ridicules is the very public society that will also look upon the same sex couple as a cute “isn’t that nice, they’re married” or instead look at them in revulsion and disgust as a couple of deviant perverts trying to pretend that they are heterosexual regardless of whatever piece of paper they may or may not have.
The hatred for homosexuals among some people is palpable.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 02-26-2012 at 12:15 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 12:08 AM

22,174 posts, read 19,441,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
People need to get religion back in their life. If they did our country would be a whole lot better.
As long as they keep the religion OUT of government and laws than so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies