Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,839,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
By the OP's twisted logic, Mitt Romney shouldn't be President either and his loyalty to America is impossible.

His father, George Romney, was born in Mexico to parents who held dual citizenship in the US and Mexico. In fact, I believe George himself was born with a dual citizenship too.
Big difference--both Mitt and George were born with the proper "American" hue.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:55 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,482,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Big difference--both Mitt and George were born with the proper "American" hue.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:06 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,237,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
No it's not a lie. It's admitted on his own campaign website Fight the Smears. Know your facts.

Here it is and read the last sentence that confirms it:

"When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

If you read the last sentence, it confirms that a foreign soverenty governed Obama jrs birth because his father was a British Subject. The man sitting in the oval office is a dual citizen, not a natural born citizen.
No he's not because upon Kenya's independence from the UK he became a citizen of Kenya. Since kenya does not allow dual citizenship for adults hen upon the age of 23 he lost his Kenyan citizenship. FactCheck.org : Obama’s Kenyan Citizenship?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:07 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,237,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
But they were BORN with allegiance to Great Britain. If one is BORN with allegiance to a particular country how could that allegiance be transferred by a piece of paper?

It's in the genes, is it not???????
So we're the founders were they not?

Old 02-18-2012, 01:44 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times
Quote:
Again, why do you think the founders established the grandfather clause in Article 2 Section 1?
So they themselves could run! These people were not gods; they had feet of clay like everyone else, and ambitions like everyone else. I have read that the NBC clause was put in the constitution specifically to keep Alexander Hamilton (born in the West Indies) from running for pres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If it were inherited, I'd be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Perish the thought.
I was born a dual citizen, Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) and Wisconsin. Does that make me a Packers fan by inheritance. G*d forbid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He was elected president, but we were never meant to be a dictatorship. Which is why we have 3 branches of government, that should provide checks and balances.

Just remember, as you defend his right "to run things" how you will feel when a GOP president does things that you disagree with. Or will you be like most libs, and shriek to the heavens about how they should be impeached.
"Most libs"? I do not recall any serious effort to impeach either Bush I or II, or Reagan. The one I recall was to impeach Clinton. And he was what party? Oh yeah, a Democrat!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM

802 posts, read 562,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
No he's not because upon Kenya's independence from the UK he became a citizen of Kenya. Since kenya does not allow dual citizenship for adults hen upon the age of 23 he lost his Kenyan citizenship. FactCheck.org : Obama’s Kenyan Citizenship?
No idiot, he might have lost his Kenyan citizenship but he never lost his British Citizenship. You can't be born a dual citizen and then turn into a natural born Citizen later in life. Jeez. You need to read the British Act of 1948 more. The fact that Obama still has British citizenship is further supported by the following:

“Under United Kingdom law as it has been since the British Nationality Act, 1948, the acquisition of another nationality by a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, of whatever age, makes no difference whatever to his status as a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, and, therefore, he remains a British subject.

Moreover, it is not possible, under United Kingdom law, for the nationality of a child who is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies to be changed by the decision of his parents. Only the child, when he reaches the age of 21, can renounce his citizenship of the United Kingdom and Colonies if he is then in possession of another nationality, but during the child’s minority neither the child nor his parents can do anything to forfeit his birthright of British nationality.” Children Bill [Lords], HC Deb 27 June 1958 vol 590 cc743-830.

“It is now the law that all persons born in the United Kingdom or its Colonies, or in countries which were Colonies at the time when they were born, have British nationality whether they are legitimate or illegitimate. . . . Also, it is part of our law that children of a British male born abroad can have British nationality.” British Nationality, HC Deb 16 July 1963 vol 681 cc341-3

What does this mean? Under the Kenyan Constitution, Obama is presumably no longer a Kenyan citizen because he did not renounce at age 21 his British citizenship and his U.S. citizenship (assuming he was born in the U.S.). Obama is still however a British citizen not only under English common law (in the words of Coke and Blackstone, a natural-born subject of the United Kingdom) but also under British citizenship statutes. Neither Kenya’s 1963 constitution nor any statute erased the consequences of the British common law and nationality statutes that were in effect at the time of Obama’s and his father’s birth. Obama’s continuing British citizenship is further confirmed by English law which provides that persons born in countries which were Colonies at the time when they were born are still British citizens. Hence, Obama continues to be a British citizen despite Kenya’s independence and new constitution.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
It took me forever to find anything on these islands. Now that I have, it looks like the thread has gone off the deep end. Anyway, these islands have Russian written all over them.

[well, at least Gilligan's Island is still in American hands...]

Old 02-18-2012, 02:06 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,421,261 times
Obama isn't a dual citizen

Old 02-18-2012, 02:07 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,421,261 times
I also find this very suspicious. I don't think the President can give away land, not by himself anyway

Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,041,032 times
Quote:
No idiot, he might have lost his Kenyan citizenship but he never lost his British Citizenship.
Wrong.

He lost his British citizenship on the day Kenya became independent. The Kenya Independence Act of 1963 (a British law, not a Kenyan one) withdrew citizenship of the United Kingdom and Colonies from people who became citizens of the newly independent Kenya. This included both Obama and his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett
You can't be born a dual citizen and then turn into a natural born Citizen later in life.
Then its a very good thing that you can be born a dual citizen and a natural born US citizen at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies