U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:31 AM
 
17,298 posts, read 25,604,332 times
Reputation: 8567

Advertisements

Anti-gays have a lot of motivations:

Because they're busy bodies. Most aren't exactly what you would call "mensa types," either. Never met a truly educated or person I respected intellectually that was ever against gay marriage.

Lots of superstition and poorly thought out reasons. Religion is a huge reason. I think religion compels them to make the argument, because they feel that makes them closer to Baby Jesus, Allah, or Zeus.

Ya know, these same people will often cite ridiculous comparisons (Sodom and Gomorroah --- which isn't about gays)... or the fall of Rome (which fell AFTER it abandoned its pagan roots and switched to Christianity).... Plus, if they focus on "the gay" they can ignore their own horrid stewardship of marriage as an institution.


The absurdity of it all would ALMOST be funny if there weren't so damned many of them. Really, it's amazing the United States gets ANYTHING done these days in the arts sciences or humanities with such a superstitious population.

Sadly, it's gonna take decades and the deaths of a lot of baby boomers to fully achieve equality in that realm.

 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,993,258 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
There was nothing in this article about flipper taking it in the rump or penguins giving each other the flipper.

There is no source I could see for this study in this article and the conclusions were made by what appears to be a total moron.

In nature, females for a long time have kicked out males if they thought the male could hurt the offspring. There are cases in nature of the female mating and then killing the male. There are often more females than males in nature and in those cases other females have helped mothers in their nests. The same way midwives or nannys step in to help in human families; so now how are midwives or nannys all lesbians by the logic of this article?

This study draws strange outrageous conclusions for the benefit of very strange people IMO.
Next say the female penguins are hanging out to be picked up by UFOs because it makes just as much sense as this so called study.

Thanks for the laugh.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,993,258 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Anti-gays have a lot of motivations:

Because they're busy bodies. Most aren't exactly what you would call "mensa types," either. Never met a truly educated or person I respected intellectually that was ever against gay marriage.

Lots of superstition and poorly thought out reasons. Religion is a huge reason. I think religion compels them to make the argument, because they feel that makes them closer to Baby Jesus, Allah, or Zeus.

Ya know, these same people will often cite ridiculous comparisons (Sodom and Gomorroah --- which isn't about gays)... or the fall of Rome (which fell AFTER it abandoned its pagan roots and switched to Christianity).... Plus, if they focus on "the gay" they can ignore their own horrid stewardship of marriage as an institution.


The absurdity of it all would ALMOST be funny if there weren't so damned many of them. Really, it's amazing the United States gets ANYTHING done these days in the arts sciences or humanities with such a superstitious population.

Sadly, it's gonna take decades and the deaths of a lot of baby boomers to fully achieve equality in that realm.
Nobody is anti-gay, we are just sick and tired of gays trying to do things like indoctrinating our children at school or trying to force society to accept them as something normal when they are not.
Be happy. Use Dr. Frankenstein for kids or attempt to adopt, but you are not a real married couple. You have no potential to produce naturally on your own. That is against nature, so don't look to be totally accepted as normal.
Most have zero problems with gays. I have relatives, people I work with and people I patronize that are gay, but they are not in my face. That goes a long way and I would hardly care to hear a heterosexual's conversation about their sex life as well.

You are protected under the law. You should not get special laws or rights or extra laws for any reason and you should be free to work and move about without hassle (which IMO does happen in the USA for the most part).

Be happy you are not out of the closet in an Islamic country, you would be what?
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
3,829 posts, read 2,776,059 times
Reputation: 3680
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I think it is about m-o-n-e-y.
As in access to benefits previously limited to heterosexual (breeding) couples with state licenses.

The only reason the "state" got in the license business in the first place was to prevent whites from marrying blacks, chinese, indians, etc. "Marriage" is a religious term. It should be up to the church who they allow to join in a union.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:11 AM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,763,471 times
Reputation: 1289
Do you believe that religious institutions which don't approve of same sex marriage should be forced to allow same sex marriage ceremonies to take place on their property?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
why do some straight people think the marriage of people who have no choice but to be gay is any of their business.

again, what is their solution? what is their beef? what do they expect gay people to do?

why is this their business?

is giving non gay people power over gay people's lives the right thing to do?

should gay people get to vote on straight marriage?
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:11 AM
 
Location: California
11,429 posts, read 17,084,033 times
Reputation: 12483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
\
why is this their business??
Because thats the way it is, we are allowed to disagree, it's always been that way and it always will be. You wont change the answer no matter how many times you ask it.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:16 AM
 
17,298 posts, read 25,604,332 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Nobody is anti-gay, we are just sick and tired of gays trying to do things like indoctrinating our children at school or trying to force society to accept them as something normal when they are not.
Thank you for proving my point.

By the way: Your kids will be taught to respect and accept all people, regardless of innate characteristic. Don't like it, refuse tax payer subsidized education (funded in part by GAY tax money), and send em to private or home school.

It's really the greatest gift that they can receive so they'll actually be able to function in the real world, preferably somewhere east of Wahooville, where respect and acceptance of many different kinds of people is paramount for success. Everyone knows that one dumb girl in class in college who tries to bring religion into ever discussion where it has no place. She is tolerated, but universally disliked, thought to be an idiot, and usually only ends up employed after college because she's pretty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB
Be happy. Use Dr. Frankenstein for kids or attempt to adopt, but you are not a real married couple. You have no potential to produce naturally on your own. That is against nature, so don't look to be totally accepted as normal.
I know two heterosexual couples who could not conceive naturally. They used IVF, and now have children. The methods are not "frankenstein," nor are they "abnormal" because they couldn't concerive.

They are not acting "against nature" any more than they act "against nature" if they have heart surgery.

Again: Keep your silly, superstitious whackjobness to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB
Most have zero problems with gays. I have relatives, people I work with and people I patronize that are gay, but they are not in my face. That goes a long way and I would hardly care to hear a heterosexual's conversation about their sex life as well.

At least your consistent. But your personal preference is not reality. People talk about their relationships. They talk about sex. That's called life. Grow up and get used to it.

If your gay relatives and co-workers know your true feelings about them (I'm sure you're brave enough to tell them!), they too probably consider you a backwards bigot, but are too polite to tell you to your face. Family and all. Every family has a couple shames.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB
You are protected under the law. You should not get special laws or rights or extra laws for any reason and you should be free to work and move about without hassle (which IMO does happen in the USA for the most part).
I am 100% sure you're neither a lawyer, nor a constitutional professor.

Why don't you let the lawyers in the court room ARGUING for equal protection under the law for gay people as we speak do their thing.... and you stick to whatever it is you "do." Mmmkay?

By the way: There is no movement by anyone to have "special rights." None. Zero. Again, if the city-data con-law scholars had sources outside of Wikipedia and special interest blogs, they'd realize that all laws apply equally, including protections based on race, sex, handicap, sexuality, religion....
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:32 AM
 
26,299 posts, read 17,159,037 times
Reputation: 10273
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think it is because gays want to be accepted as "NORMAL", they are not so and will really never be accepted socially.
They get the right to work without problems and they can do what they want behind their doors, but don't compare them to a man and woman traditional marriage because the are not so.
I wish them well, but without Dr. Frankenstein or adoption a family of two like and kind end in no off spring and to the end of that branch of the family. They die off basically.
In most all cases the man / woman types can leave natural offspring that move on.

This has been also opening up challenges for more than two people in a marriage and so forth.
Not normal, we don't need it and that is about it.
The only people that "compare" anyone's relationship or marriage to anyone else's is a busy body, ignorant, malcontent, bible thumping bore.

I did not know that Dr. Frankenstein was in the business of in vitro fertilization, which is mostly utilized by the heterosexuals, btw. Adoption is a dirty word? One would imagine that people support adoption as opposed to the child being aborted...No?

And why is someone's not beiong concerned with their family tree anyone else's damn business.

"We don't need it"? Who gives a rat's a$$ what you need within the confines of someone else's private life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top