Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
America should stop blindly supporting Israel, save our own money, and let Israel do what ever Israel wants to do without us being involved. We'd be much better off.
And that has what to do with the original topic, exactly?

Old 02-18-2012, 05:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
I rarely go to shul. Why?

Religion causes too many issues, that's why.

With that said, I am proud to be a member of a religion that does NOT evangelize.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle234 View Post
Imus currently has another radio show, he didn't really miss a paycheck. Also, how exactly did blacks benefit from Imus's removal. That's the real question that you have to ask. His time slot was actually given to Zbignew Brezenki's daughter, Mika Brezenski, along with Joe Scarborough and Willie Geist.

Again, how exactly did blacks benefit?
You're changing topics as an attempt to deflect from how very wrong you are... you claimed people don't get fired for making bigoted comments against other groups, and they do. Period. If I started going off about Blacks or Muslims at my job, you can bet dollars to donuts I'd be unemployed VERY quickly. Nice try, but your bias is clear - and rather disgusting IMO.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I rarely go to shul. Why?

Religion causes too many issues, that's why.

With that said, I am proud to be a member of a religion that does NOT evangelize.
Ditto to all of the above.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 PM

840 posts, read 781,016 times
Want a slanted view of history just ask "historian" his replies are quite amusing. Michelle you have opened a can of worms that will only end badly for you here...its not known for a real open minded community here. I wish you the best and good luck.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 PM

84 posts, read 57,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The fact that you keep putting Jewish/Jew in quotes is more offensive to me than anything else on this thread (of what I've read so far). I don't care about science or genetic research here, I only care that my ancestors and relatives have been practicing Jews since as far back as we can trace - and the Nazis sure didn't care about genetics when they gathered up my great-Aunt & her family in Poland to send them to Auschwitz. She is still alive today, the only survivor from that branch of our family, and I'm quite sure she wouldn't give a crap if you consider her a real Jew or not.

P.S. As for WHY so many Ashkenazi Jews fled to Israel (Palestine) during that time period? Well, I guess it beat the heck out of being murdered by the millions.
Do you feel any sympathy for the Palestinians? They are currently living under Israeli oppression.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The fact that you keep putting Jewish/Jew in quotes is more offensive to me than anything else on this thread (of what I've read so far). I don't care about science or genetic research here, I only care that my ancestors and relatives have been practicing Jews since as far back as we can trace - and the Nazis sure didn't care about genetics when they gathered up my great-Aunt & her family in Poland to send them to Auschwitz. She is still alive today, the only survivor from that branch of our family, and I'm quite sure she wouldn't give a crap if you consider her a real Jew or not.

P.S. As for WHY so many Ashkenazi Jews fled to Israel (Palestine) during that time period? Well, I guess it beat the heck out of being murdered by the millions.
Are you aware that Hitler was part Ashkenazi? There were several groups of Ashkenazi who profited off the concentration camps.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Want a slanted view of history just ask "historian" his replies are quite amusing. Michelle you have opened a can of worms that will only end badly for you here...its not known for a real open minded community here. I wish you the best and good luck.
I know it's controversial, but I think it's an important topic that needs to be discussed.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

And YOU are the last person who gets to tell Jews who we are.
If only more people knew the truth...

Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Well there is this thing called 2000 years of brutal and bloody Christian persecution of Jews culminating in the Holocaust. But other than that? No idea.

Everyone has been persecuted. No race or religion has been spared. There is an old italian proverb that roughly translated means to all a king to all a slave. Besides, you never ever hear much about the OTHER 5.5 million NON jews killed in the holocaust. Do you?

Fact. 11.5 million total killed in the holocaust. 6 million jews, 5.5 million non jews who suffered the exact, same fate. No Spielberg movie about THEM.....no museums, no press, no nazi hunting on THEIR behalf which makes the issue all the more ironic.... as if they weren't persecuted either.....never understood that lack of fair coverage....must have been republicans.....

To be clear, all 11.5 million suffered a fate of unimaginable horror. Jews, christians, mentally diminished, etc.....they were all burned, gassed, tortured or worked literally to death.

And noooooooo one talks about it and nooooooooo one makes noise about it.....anyone want to do a film on "the lost 5.5 million"? How about hollywood?
Whaddya say we cover them for some contrast. Build a museum for them? Cry for them?

All people have sufferd since man learned how to subjugate others. You only hear more about one particular group. And yes, as tragic as their trials and tribulations have been, they are not alone. Never were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies